By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide up! PS3 1 million!!

So the wii has now passed the NES according to VG numbers. Now its about 40 million to the Playstation and 70 million to the Playstation 2.

Around the Network

FFXIII is the 2nd system seller for PS3 after MGS4. Well done SE and Sony. I wonder what would happen if GT5 is released during holidays like some predicted months ago. 1.5 million PS3. maybe ?

coolestguyever:
holy shit! I never thought the PS3 would do 1 million in a week! That's phenominal! Awesome job.

And I'll give credit where credit is due, nice job wii. 1.5 million!

No love for the DS

How come no one congrats on the DS here. Its like it doesn't exist

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

killeryoshis said:
coolestguyever:
holy shit! I never thought the PS3 would do 1 million in a week! That's phenominal! Awesome job.

And I'll give credit where credit is due, nice job wii. 1.5 million!

No love for the DS

How come no one congrats on the DS here. Its like it doesn't exist

I think the DS has impressed us all so much that it can't even really impress us anymore.

Seriously, what's considered a humongous, epic week for the PS3 is your average week for the DS. It's been like this for years.

I'll wait for adjustments :P

But it's very good for the PS3 nonetheless. That million mark is just something nice to consider but ultimately it doesn't really matter whether it's over/under one million as long as it exceeds expectations.

Around the Network

Is SW gonna be up soon. I'm already stunned HW is up on time given the day it is!

Ghazi4 said:
ps3 ftw this is making the gap between ps3 and 360 smaller!!! lol

ps3 is bitch slapping the gap

PS3 SW is gonna be up in the skies thanks to a certain little game (of the generation).

Great sales for Wii, DS, and PS3. Would have never thought PS3 could ever get close to a million in one week but timing sure did help it out here. Whatever the case, definitely an accomplishment. 360 sales still holding up alright but losing some sales out to PS3. But while Sony will be very proud of PS3 it'll be equally disappointed in the fallout of sales of the PS2 and mainly the PSP. Sales are just way down. Sales are down for everyone except PS3 but it is the PS2 and PSP that are in the 40th percentile from last year.

Software wise great for FF13. Can't wait to see New Super Mario Bros Wii sales as it continues on it's record pace.

PS3 wont hit 1M next week, JAPAN will drop almost like a rock, I see it selling 115K or just over in japan, but no were near 200K (if it does, then I will be very impressed).

Its likely it could do 900K though, which would pull it to 31M LTD.

mM