By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide up! PS3 1 million!!

Pretty impressive all around.

All the damage done by that ridiculous PS3 launch price is being erased.

All that is left now is to make up for the year (and a half depending on location) headstart.

x360 is still doing a good job.

As for the nintendo consoles...what can anyone say?

Around the Network

ps3 was near 10 million behind

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Garcian Smith said:
Xen said:
YES!

No other game could've propelled the PS3 THAT high. My predtiction was right, and I can't wait for The Game of the Generation!

Much as fans of the HD Twins would like to think otherwise, the Game of the Generation has already been released. Hint: The title rhymes with, "Bee Shorts," and it's sold several times more than FFXIII ever will.

Re, PS3 sales and "Wii is doomed": An aggressive price-cut and one of the most hotly anticipated core games of the season in Japan, and the Wii still outsells it this week by a half-million. I think that's all that needs to be said.

Game, not bundled Tech Demo.

Nice sales for the PS3 but once again America proves its still 360 country.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

i knew that the PS3 was DOMED from the start....

i wonder since 3-D has exploded (in word of mouth, cuz everyone i know has really liked the 3-D effects) because of the movie "avatar", i think 3-D game is now becoming more of a factor that could lead into the PS3's favor. =P

The Playstation Gem or Wand thing is still a little skeptical though. They should release that thing during the summer (before natal of course)! hah. =]

End of 2010 Predictions (Original Prediction Made: Jan. 1, 2010---Revised April 1, 2010---Revised Again July 1, 2010---Revised Again on Nov. 1, 2010)

PS3: 46 MIL (April Revision: 44 MIL, July Revision 43 MIL, Nov. Revision 45MIL)

360: 44 MIL (April Revision: 46 MIL, July Revision: 48 MIL, Nov. Revision 49MIL)

WII: 82 MIL (Apr. Revision: 84 MIL, Jul. Revision: 82 MIL, Nov. Revision: 82MIL)

THE MUST BUY LIST of 2010: Gran Turismo 5

THE BOUGHT LIST of 2010: White Knight Chrnociles, Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy 13, God of War 3, Modnation Racers, Sports Champions

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
BHR-3 said:
told you all from last year this would happen wondering if next week will be higher sales for the 3 consoles or not

i see ps3 being in the 800k- 950k range next week

every1s down yoy but not the ps3

also my prediction of the gap being down to 5.8 was correct i see it being down to 5.4 b4 2010 starts

So back to Nov 2006 then?

In other words the PS3 and 360 have sold exaclty the same amount (give or take) since the PS3 launched.

call it watever u want ps3 should be in the 12.5m sold in 09 while 360 should be in the 10.2m its best year so far was only 10.7m

also 360 sold around 36m WW in 4+yrs while ps3 sold around 31m in only 3+yrs

in my opinion its only a matter of time b4 ps3 passes it WW

yes back to Nov 06wat is MSgoing to do from Jan-Sep 2010?

in my opinion ps3 will be outselling the 360 for atleast all of Jan-Sep2010 with games like gt5 gow3 ff13 wand releasing in that time i c the gap being down to less than 3.6m wen sept comes around

Play Me

I thought FF didn't matter? Oh well... For the record, I didn't think the PS3 would move a million, I think I predicted 850k or so.

wat happened to the wii i could of sworn it was at like a mill last week only in americas checked now and its lowered i knew something was fishy bout last weeks wii numbers i just couldnt put my finger on it

also if sales dont really drop for next weeks numbers which i think they wont b/c there are still some good shopping days in the week endin 26th and we will get a full 7 days of HW for JP FF13 release ps3 might be able do a mill again

that would be awesome

Play Me

I doubt PS3 can do another 1m in a week but what do I know.

As for US sales x360 still rules (over PS3) but the rest of the world is a far bigger place.

If PS3 can hang within 20K of x360 in NA and win by over 100k in the EU\other regions you don't need to be a maths genius to figure out the outcome.

Hell, even the usual 50k PS3 gets over the x360 in Japan negates the US advantage and then some.

Nintendo have :
- 2 consoles above 1.5 M sold
- 4 different games @1M or above

unbelievable !

On another note : nice acheivement for Sony and PS3 this week. I personnaly will wait a few days (unless Sony releases a PR for this) to acknowladge that that the 1M landmartk has been reached.

Xbox360 sales are not too shaby if you look at it, and software looks definetly ok.
meh for PSP tho.

And look at NSMB:Wii !