By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide up! PS3 1 million!!

CGI-Quality said:
rendo said:
2k over 1m? Will wait for final adjustments. Great sales though. Christmas has been nice to the PS3.

Is this now going to be the new "hit" against the PS3 whenever it does good? My Lord people...

Sony's chef should cook those crows better, people really can't swallow them! 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Well done PS3 , that's quite a Milestone. FF XIII looks like a great game im happy it had such an impact.

Good sales for Ninty as well Wii and DS are monsters.

X360 did well as well

CGI-Quality said:
Seece said:
CGI-Quality said:
rendo said:
2k over 1m? Will wait for final adjustments. Great sales though. Christmas has been nice to the PS3.

Is this now going to be the new "hit" against the PS3 whenever it does good? My Lord people...

It's entirely valid, if it was 30k over then I wouldn't have mentioned it and I doubt anyone else would have. The fact that it's juuuuust over, means even the smallest adjustment could change that 1 mill.

And for the record, before you jump on me, I hope PS3 stays above 1 mill this week.

Even still, lets say it gets adjusted down by 30-40K, the system still would have done over 900,000, which was what many thought it would only do. I say, regardless of "possible" impending adjustments, let's just be happy for the console. Adjustments aren't guaranteed either way.

Oh I've already said 970k is still incredible, and better than anything the Xbox 360 has ever done. So hats off to them. P.S I predicted a while a go that it was entirely possible that it could do 1 mill this week.

I think you missed my point entirely, people are only saying wait for adjustments because it'll be make or break whether the PS3 really did do 1 million this week.

Kenology said:
CGI-Quality said:
PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crow served......nam, nam, nam................

On the flipside, someone needs to bump the "how many million-selling weeks will the Wii have this December?" thread.  Because a lot of PS3 fans said 1 or 2.  This week makes three.

Predicting something like that is insane, Wii will easily have four 1m+ weeks this Dec, as Xmas week has 4 working (and shopping) days before Jesus H Christ birthday this year.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

CGI-Quality said:
Seece said:
CGI-Quality said:
Seece said:
CGI-Quality said:
rendo said:

It's entirely valid, if it was 30k over then I wouldn't have mentioned it and I doubt anyone else would have. The fact that it's juuuuust over, means even the smallest adjustment could change that 1 mill.

And for the record, before you jump on me, I hope PS3 stays above 1 mill this week.

Even still, lets say it gets adjusted down by 30-40K, the system still would have done over 900,000, which was what many thought it would only do. I say, regardless of "possible" impending adjustments, let's just be happy for the console. Adjustments aren't guaranteed either way.

Oh I've already said 970k is still incredible, and better than anything the Xbox 360 has ever done. So hats off to them. P.S I predicted a while a go that it was entirely possible that it could do 1 mill this week.

I think you missed my point entirely, people are only saying wait for adjustements because it'll be make or break whether the PS3 really did do 1 million this week.

But even if it didn't, does it really matter? The system continues to break new ground. I say 1mill in 1 week was the icing on the cake, not the cake itself.

To a lot of people with bets, yes it does. It'll also be nice for PS fans to say their console broke the 1 million mark. It's a landmark.

So yeah ..

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Kenology said:
CGI-Quality said:
PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crow served......nam, nam, nam................

On the flipside, someone needs to bump the "how many million-selling weeks will the Wii have this December?" thread.  Because a lot of PS3 fans said 1 or 2.  This week makes three.

Predicting something like that is insane, Wii will easily have four 1m+ weeks this Dec, as Xmas week has 4 working (and shopping) days before Jesus H Christ birthday this year.

Actually, looks like the only people to predict just 1 or 2 weeks were PS3 fans!

EDIT: A couple of people who weren't Sony fans also predicted 1 or 2 weeks.

Yes, I am posting this in all the ps3 threads right now!

CGI-Quality said:
@ Seece

Then people take this stuff way too seriously. If it didn't sell 1 million in one week, I still don't see the problem. I have doubts it will be adjusted, but personally am happy for it's milestones either way. 900,000 alone was a milestone.

+1 !

I would have been completely happy with 900k

Time to Work !

gt5 week will be bigger than this

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Seece said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Seece, quit pissing all over this thread please. I don't care who started what, you're just ruining a perfectly good thread. If it's a thread to celebrate the PS3 being over 1 million in a week and the first thing you can even say is that it's not by much, you're not exactly in the holiday spirit. Please leave.

Last time I checked you had a purple name not a green one. I'm replying to these stupid posts, nothing wrong with that.

No it is NOT a thread to celebrate PS3 sales, it's WW sales for all consoles, unless you missed the title. Want a PS3 1 million thread go make one and I'll stay out of it.

I already congratulated Sony. Said it could be adjusted EITHER way, (it got adjusted 90k+ this week)

My first post wasn't even negative, I meant it in a way that should read "2k, juuust made it" not "ha only by 2k"

Yeah, that's why I asked nicely with the word "please."

But you're continuing this whiny bore-fest long after anyone cares. In fact, you're still going. Just shutup already. I like you, but you're just being annoying here. And I know, you've got an opinion. Big deal, my opinion is that your opinions are annoying and ruining a thread. Go away.