By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide up! PS3 1 million!!

palancas7 said:
Xen said:
Kenology said:
Xen said:
Garcian Smith said:
Xen said:
YES!

No other game could've propelled the PS3 THAT high. My predtiction was right, and I can't wait for The Game of the Generation!

Much as fans of the HD Twins would like to think otherwise, the Game of the Generation has already been released. Hint: The title rhymes with, "Bee Shorts," and it's sold several times more than FFXIII ever will.

Re, PS3 sales and "Wii is doomed": An aggressive price-cut and one of the most hotly anticipated core games of the season in Japan, and the Wii still outsells it this week by a half-million. I think that's all that needs to be said.

Game, not bundled Tech Demo.

Wii Sports is a game, Xen.  And Garcian is right, FFXIII won't sell more than Wii Sports in Japan - a market where neither have been bundled.

Was I ever talking sales of games... in Japan? I was talking critical acclaim.

And in my eyes, it's just a glorified tech demo thats meant to get you into motion controls. Fun for an hour, no more.

Typical.

Of who?

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
palancas7 said:
Xen said:
Kenology said:
Xen said:
Garcian Smith said:
Xen said:
YES!

No other game could've propelled the PS3 THAT high. My predtiction was right, and I can't wait for The Game of the Generation!

Much as fans of the HD Twins would like to think otherwise, the Game of the Generation has already been released. Hint: The title rhymes with, "Bee Shorts," and it's sold several times more than FFXIII ever will.

Re, PS3 sales and "Wii is doomed": An aggressive price-cut and one of the most hotly anticipated core games of the season in Japan, and the Wii still outsells it this week by a half-million. I think that's all that needs to be said.

Wii Sports is a game, Xen.  And Garcian is right, FFXIII won't sell more than Wii Sports in Japan - a market where neither have been bundled.

And in my eyes, it's just a glorified tech demo thats meant to get you into motion controls. Fun for an hour, no more.

Typical.

Typical what exactly?

That people argue over whether Wii Sports is an actual game and not a tech demo. "But its an actual game!" "Then why isn't it full price and gets boring quickly?" "You don't know what you're talking about." "No, you don't know what you're talking about." "Jaha." "Naha." "Bitch." "Cunt." Bans ensue and much aggrevation is had on all parts.

It's rare that I question our numbers, especially based on mere anecdotal evidence, but I can't help but wonder about this week's and last week's North American numbers.

Here in New Orleans, 7/8 of our local stores were sold out of the 120gb ps3 as of this past Saturday morning (my store, Veterans, along with Chateau, Esplanade, Lakeside, Riverwalk, Manhattan, and LaPlace were all sold out - only Luling had any). This issue remained until this very morning, when my store and others received our last shipment of 120gb'ers before Christmas. It was a relatively low shipment, and we sold out within an hour.

People were coming into my store over the past four days constantly asking for ps3s, claiming Best Buy, Wal-mart, etc. were all sold out (we're located in front of a Wal-mart, and down the road from a Best Buy). I could see sales fot the current being lower than the 360 as a result, but sales for the past two weeks?

Prior to the sellout over the weekend, we were selling ps3s at a very steady pace, easily selling more ps3s than any other hardware after the DS and Wii.

My only explanation for this is that either Arcade 360s are very popular at big box stores like Wal-mart as opposed to GameStop's somewhat more hardcore niche, or it's a regional thing specific to the New Orleans area, or else we'll see some adjustments down the road.

Either way I'm sure VGChartz will sort itself out in the end.

Well like i said from time

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Nice #PS3/Wii/DS

End of 2016 prediction

PS4:43M-46M

XBONE:28M-33M

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
It's rare that I question our numbers, especially based on mere anecdotal evidence, but I can't help but wonder about this week's and last week's North American numbers.

Here in New Orleans, 7/8 of our local stores were sold out of the 120gb ps3 as of this past Saturday morning (my store, Veterans, along with Chateau, Esplanade, Lakeside, Riverwalk, Manhattan, and LaPlace were all sold out - only Luling had any). This issue remained until this very morning, when my store and others received our last shipment of 120gb'ers before Christmas. It was a relatively low shipment, and we sold out within an hour.

People were coming into my store over the past four days constantly asking for ps3s, claiming Best Buy, Wal-mart, etc. were all sold out (we're located in front of a Wal-mart, and down the road from a Best Buy). I could see sales fot the current being lower than the 360 as a result, but sales for the past two weeks?

Prior to the sellout over the weekend, we were selling ps3s at a very steady pace, easily selling more ps3s than any other hardware after the DS and Wii.

My only explanation for this is that either Arcade 360s are very popular at big box stores like Wal-mart as opposed to GameStop's somewhat more hardcore niche, or it's a regional thing specific to the New Orleans area, or else we'll see some adjustments down the road.

dude u need  stop being arrogant which i see in most of ur posts on this forum, i lurk a lot so i can see these things.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
makingmusic476 said:

I work in the Best Buy down the road from where MM476 works and I'm seeing a very similar thing.

Perhaps your big box store hypothesis is correct.

psrock said:
makingmusic476 said:

dude u need  stop being arrogant which i see in most of ur posts on this forum, i lurk a lot so i can see these things.

Never gonna let that go are ya?

Carl2291 said:
psrock said:
makingmusic476 said:

Never gonna let that go are ya?

so he's not only arrogant but two faced too, disgusting.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Xen said:
Kenology said:
Xen said:
Garcian Smith said:
Xen said:
YES!

Garcian was talking sales.  And your response to his was a direct reference to sales.

But no matter.  I've seen so much cognitive dissonance this gen it isn't even funny.