By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide up! PS3 1 million!!

Oh Damn My Crow supply is getting LOW

Anyways congrats too the PS3 , and anyone know if the 360 has done 1million in a week?

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Attoyou said:
Oh Damn My Crow supply is getting LOW

Anyways congrats too the PS3 , and anyone know if the 360 has done 1million in a week?

It hasn't.

oh i thought so , Well Thanks Anyways

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Epic.

Seece stop being so negative, you're coming off as a douche

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Carl2291 said:
Kenology said:
Carl2291 said:
Oh, and i think it's worth noting Garcian...

Last year Wii outsold PS3 on this week by over 1.2 Million units.

It's amazing how things can change, eh?

What changed?  The PS3 was still outsold.

What changed was the PS3's momentum. It went from a dying console last year, which was suspected to die this year... To be the first 3rd place console ever to sell 1million units in a single week.

Being outsold by the Wii by over 1.2 Million units one year, then pulling that gap back to ~500k units the next year despite a Wii Pricecut and a much stronger Wii holiday lineup with plenty of supply... Is amazing.

stupid comparison, what's worth noting is that a 3RD place console sells 1 million in a week, and that it managed to get to 30 Million LTD..

Considering last gen the gamecube only managed 21 million.

mM

Hard to keep track of all the milestones and records for the PS3 this week. Glad you guys are working diligently to enumerate all of them :)

Really glad it managed to do a nice big round number. Has been my favorite console this year (the only year I've owned it). 2010 looking even better as my inner JRPG lover squeals in delight (yeah, you heard me). 

And wow at both NSMB and FFXIII! NSMB sales are going to be something to talk about for many weeks to come.

Oh, and merry christmas in a little bit.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Seece said:
Carl2291 said:
Kenology said:
Carl2291 said:
Kenology said:
Carl2291 said:
Oh, and i think it's worth noting Garcian...

Last year Wii outsold PS3 on this week by over 1.2 Million units.

It's amazing how things can change, eh?

What changed?  The PS3 was still outsold.

What changed was the PS3's momentum. It went from a dying console last year, which was suspected to die this year... To be the first 3rd place console ever to sell 1million units in a single week.

Being outsold by the Wii by over 1.2 Million units one year, then pulling that gap back to ~500k units the next year despite a Wii Pricecut and a much stronger Wii holiday lineup with plenty of supply... Is amazing.

Don't forget PS3 price cut, re-design, and its biggest game ever released in said week - those had a lot EVERYTHING to do with it too!

But yes, PS3 has done well.

That's the point. It's amazing how things have changed in a year.

Oh, and at the red... PS3 - It Only Does Everything.

Yeah it is funny how things changed, seen as you never thought the PS3 was dying, now all of a sudden it's doing well and you're acting like you're in agreement!

Personally for it's price last christmas it was doing pretty darn well, when we got into the summer months both consoles looked a bit dire.

Do you not think a repeat of that will happen this year? (I mean Q1 - Q3 2010)

Nope, i always knew it was capable of these sales. Im talking the majority of people, and you can't deny that a whole lot of people thought this year would be "it" for PS3. Even when the Slim/Cut was announced, people expected it tobe back below 360 in a matter of weeks.

Agreed.

Nope. Not at all. This year was pretty empty for software when compared to what's coming up in 2010. I feel PS3 has the best system sellers though for the first half of the year. God of War 3, Gran Turismo 5 and to an extent, Final Fantasy 13. Japan numbers should stay pretty high too considering the releases over there. I have absolutely no idea what's coming on Q3/Q4, but i expect PS3 to pretty much dominate the 360 and not be too far away from Ninty up until Q4... Where MS drop the pricecut and Natal.

how many units difference from Q1-Q3 would be "not too far away"? 1 mil? 2 mil?

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

psrock said:
Carl2291 said:
psrock said:
makingmusic476 said:
It's rare that I question our numbers, especially based on mere anecdotal evidence, but I can't help but wonder about this week's and last week's North American numbers.

Here in New Orleans, 7/8 of our local stores were sold out of the 120gb ps3 as of this past Saturday morning (my store, Veterans, along with Chateau, Esplanade, Lakeside, Riverwalk, Manhattan, and LaPlace were all sold out - only Luling had any). This issue remained until this very morning, when my store and others received our last shipment of 120gb'ers before Christmas. It was a relatively low shipment, and we sold out within an hour.

People were coming into my store over the past four days constantly asking for ps3s, claiming Best Buy, Wal-mart, etc. were all sold out (we're located in front of a Wal-mart, and down the road from a Best Buy). I could see sales fot the current being lower than the 360 as a result, but sales for the past two weeks?

Prior to the sellout over the weekend, we were selling ps3s at a very steady pace, easily selling more ps3s than any other hardware after the DS and Wii.

My only explanation for this is that either Arcade 360s are very popular at big box stores like Wal-mart as opposed to GameStop's somewhat more hardcore niche, or it's a regional thing specific to the New Orleans area, or else we'll see some adjustments down the road.

Either way I'm sure VGChartz will sort itself out in the end.

dude u need  stop being arrogant which i see in most of ur posts on this forum, i lurk a lot so i can see these things.

Never gonna let that go are ya?

so he's not only arrogant but two faced too, disgusting.

wow i really hit a nerve with tht didn't i

AkibaFan said:
psrock said:
Carl2291 said:
psrock said:
makingmusic476 said:
It's rare that I question our numbers, especially based on mere anecdotal evidence, but I can't help but wonder about this week's and last week's North American numbers.

Here in New Orleans, 7/8 of our local stores were sold out of the 120gb ps3 as of this past Saturday morning (my store, Veterans, along with Chateau, Esplanade, Lakeside, Riverwalk, Manhattan, and LaPlace were all sold out - only Luling had any). This issue remained until this very morning, when my store and others received our last shipment of 120gb'ers before Christmas. It was a relatively low shipment, and we sold out within an hour.

People were coming into my store over the past four days constantly asking for ps3s, claiming Best Buy, Wal-mart, etc. were all sold out (we're located in front of a Wal-mart, and down the road from a Best Buy). I could see sales fot the current being lower than the 360 as a result, but sales for the past two weeks?

Prior to the sellout over the weekend, we were selling ps3s at a very steady pace, easily selling more ps3s than any other hardware after the DS and Wii.

My only explanation for this is that either Arcade 360s are very popular at big box stores like Wal-mart as opposed to GameStop's somewhat more hardcore niche, or it's a regional thing specific to the New Orleans area, or else we'll see some adjustments down the road.

dude u need  stop being arrogant which i see in most of ur posts on this forum, i lurk a lot so i can see these things.

it's comedic gold, keep them coming.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

@Makingmusic
You realize you left out a couple stores right? Berhman and Oakwood have Gamestops. I think Oakwoods might still be called Babbages, but I am pretty sure it switched the name. I can probably name a few more if you want to be thorough on your anecdotal NO area stuff. Of course calling Luling a part of New Orleans is a serious stretch.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

psrock said:
AkibaFan said:
psrock said:
Carl2291 said:
psrock said:
makingmusic476 said:

it's comedic gold, keep them coming.

or just true, u are turning it into comedic gold to make it seem like its insignificant, sumthing ppl do when they are criticizd