By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide up! PS3 1 million!!

Staude said:
Squilliam said:
papflesje said:
Squilliam said:
The two profitable home consoles did outstanding and pretty good between them.

The "I'm siding with the consoles that are not the current hype here"-bit is getting old, squil

Why?

because it's grown a long white beard.

Its for my own benefit.

Tease.

Around the Network

Most disappointing sales award goes to PSP. That is a massive fall off from 2008, almost as big a % fall as PS2 which, considering it's age is selling incredibly well. PS2 on special for $99 here, which equates to $69US. One more year aye? I might just need to re-buy PS2 at that price.

I just needed to do a Woohoo at PS3 making 1 million in the official WW sales thread. It really is the comeback of all comebacks. Well Actually Wii is the comeback of all comebacks, but PS3 is the next biggest comeback.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Squilliam said:
Staude said:
Squilliam said:
papflesje said:
Squilliam said:

The "I'm siding with the consoles that are not the current hype here"-bit is getting old, squil

Why?

Its for my own benefit.

Because it's not only getting old, it's now mostly used to rile up people tbh. Just a little more and you're in the realm of flame-baiting

Squilliam said:
Staude said:
Squilliam said:
papflesje said:
Squilliam said:

Why?

Its for my own benefit.

Is this.. an.. perhaps.. evil plan ?

Check out my game about moles ^

Awesome @ Ps3,Sony

And next year a very good GamesLineUp again with Heavy Rain, God of War 3, Yakuza 3, Last Guardian, Gran Turismo 5 and Final Fantasy 13 =) Jippiiii

the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero

Around the Network
papflesje said:

Because it's not only getting old, it's now mostly used to rile up people tbh. Just a little more and you're in the realm of flame-baiting

I didn't say anything negative about any console.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
papflesje said:

I know you're smarter than that :)

You can perfectly rile up people by ignoring a console and focussing on other consoles, especially when you do that repeatedly.

Squilliam said:
papflesje said:

Not directly you did, by two profitable you meant XBox 360 and Wii, sure you didn't say anything negatively directly, however you did say something negative about it stealthly or more rather in-directly, be it to make other members upset or not that was uncalled for on your part.

papflesje said:
Squilliam said:
papflesje said:

You can perfectly rile up people by ignoring a console and focussing on other consoles, especially when you do that repeatedly.

Like how people exagerate minutae details? Like how the Wii gets ignored or shunned to the point where the owners of the console on a sales site now barely post about its sales at all? If I cause people to get riled up to the point where it raises some questions then I think its a good thing.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
papflesje said:
Squilliam said:
papflesje said:

Like how people exagerate minutae details? Like how the Wii gets ignored or shunned to the point where the owners of the console on a sales site now barely post about its sales at all? If I cause people to get riled up to the point where it raises some questions then I think its a good thing.

Seems better to post a huge thread about it, as most people won't recognize that in what you're trying to do.

Besides, it's not because people now go "yay" over the PS3, that they are the ones that need to be shaken awake, because when the 360 was riding its high, you were not doing this to make people get riled up about the other 'neglected' consoles.  Be blunt and straightforward about it, because the way you're going about it now, isn't reaching the people you're targetting anyway.