By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bad Company 2's multiplayer is making MW2 look silly, IMO.

indodude said:
You guys make me want to return MW2 and use it for BC2

Thats how i feel, im starting to get pissed off with mw2 now

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
I am not surprised people are starting to hate MW 2, it has become too popular, all popular games receive this backlash, which does annoy me a little actually

MW 2 is a very different game, it is very very fast paced, whereas there is more strategy to Battlefield, and I actually found it a bit empty in the game I played in the beta. A vehicle based online mode is obviously going to make a very different experience to one without vehicles, but having vehicles does not make it better. The WaW games with tanks sucked

Well if I'm not mistaken, the tanks in World at War felt like they were thrown in. Battlefield's gameplay and maps actually support the vehicles. Still in either case you'll have issues like spamming.

Battlefield feels like Battlefield and Call of Duty feels like Call of Duty so I don't think there's much else to say.

ffirebrand_cloud said:
Actually, I think both sucked. I played MW2 for 5 hours or so with my brother, and was overwhelmed by the amount of camping going on. Seriously, it was just horrible. The game itself is good; the shooting is very fun and the amount of online options are great. But the developers really fucked up while designing the maps. Many of them are camping heaven.

Battlefield on the other hand, suffers from a shortage of players. The beta map is quite big for the amount of players, and the map design isn't that great. I only had fun in the town itself, but absolutely hated the bridge and russian stronghold. Also, I hated the fact that some rifles recoil far too much for my taste.

MW2 could have beaten KZ2 as my favorite multiplayer expirience, but sadly, camping has prevented that from happening.

I'll let you keep running around getting a negative K/D ratio, while I get my nuke and end the game with 40+ kills and 2-3 deaths. 

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

IllegalPaladin said:
Munkeh111 said:
I am not surprised people are starting to hate MW 2, it has become too popular, all popular games receive this backlash, which does annoy me a little actually

MW 2 is a very different game, it is very very fast paced, whereas there is more strategy to Battlefield, and I actually found it a bit empty in the game I played in the beta. A vehicle based online mode is obviously going to make a very different experience to one without vehicles, but having vehicles does not make it better. The WaW games with tanks sucked

Well if I'm not mistaken, the tanks in World at War felt like they were thrown in. Battlefield's gameplay and maps actually support the vehicles. Still in either case you'll have issues like spamming.

Battlefield feels like Battlefield and Call of Duty feels like Call of Duty so I don't think there's much else to say.

Yeah, that was what I was trying to say. I don't mean vehicles that vehicles lead to a rubbish game, I mean they don't work with CoD, but they do with Battlefield

Battlefield always had a great multiplayer. The first one 1942 was so incredible we played it on lan partys. It was the best multiplayer experience for FPS in my whole life.

Download Battlefield 1943 its similar to 1942 and makes a lot of fun. And costs just 10-20 bucks.

I really never liked COD infact i never bought a COD game. I cant see the reason why its popular. i understand why Halo is popular but Cod is just another FPS for me.

I thought about buying MW2. I played it later on Xbox360 and I decided to wait for Bad Company 2 it looks promising.

I can understand that such a game can be succesful. But 8 Mio sales in one week ? This is insane. its maybe a solid 3 Mio -5 Mio LTD Titel but this ?

Around the Network

@ OP

That's what I keep saying.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Most CoD games are overrated. IMO I don't think they are THAT great. I think they're good and fun, but not the end all or be all of MP FPS experiences.

Pharaoh said:
ffirebrand_cloud said:
Actually, I think both sucked. I played MW2 for 5 hours or so with my brother, and was overwhelmed by the amount of camping going on. Seriously, it was just horrible. The game itself is good; the shooting is very fun and the amount of online options are great. But the developers really fucked up while designing the maps. Many of them are camping heaven.

Battlefield on the other hand, suffers from a shortage of players. The beta map is quite big for the amount of players, and the map design isn't that great. I only had fun in the town itself, but absolutely hated the bridge and russian stronghold. Also, I hated the fact that some rifles recoil far too much for my taste.

MW2 could have beaten KZ2 as my favorite multiplayer expirience, but sadly, camping has prevented that from happening.

I'll let you keep running around getting a negative K/D ratio, while I get my nuke and end the game with 40+ kills and 2-3 deaths. 

Wow lol. If you enyoy playing the game like that, let me say that you are ruining the expirience for many many people. The grenade tossing mechanic in that game is seriously flawed, and is the primary cause that people can camp so comfortably. 

Anyways, i don't think that you are responding in a decent way. If you don't like the way I play a game, it's fine, but don't try to make me feel bad. 

I won't criticize your way of playing, but please, don't criticize mine.

ffirebrand_cloud said:

News flash:  camping happens on ALL MULTI PLAYER SHOOTERS.  I don't care what game it is, this goes on in all of them.  Sometimes you get into an entertaining and challenging server, and sometimes you can't seem to find one game where everyone isn't sniping or camping and waiting for you to run by so they can knife you.  This is in no way unique to MW2, and you absolutely cannot call it a bad game because people camp.  That is like calling all mutli player shooters before it crap games too. 

Also, if you are camping in MW2, it probably means you're dying a lot.  If you are in a server with a lot of skilled players, you're usually afraid to move for fear of instantly dying.  Most of the popular camping spots still have multiple open angles for people to kill you from.  If you are frustrated by campers, it's probably because they're killing you a lot.  Which means you're getting killed by some of the shittiest players out there.  The guys that camp have no other option but to sit there and wait for someone to run by.  And, by the way, there is a BIG difference between a camper and a really skilled sniper.  Sorry to go off on you for this, but I have been playing online shooters for years, my favorite series being the Battlefield series.  Battlefield 2 on the PC gave me some of the best multi player experiences I have ever had.  But it had campers too.  So did Quake.  So did CounterStrike.  So did Enemy Territory. 

MW2 is a successful game because it rewards you a lot for what you do.  Any fool can put in all the hours and rank up to level 70.  HOWEVER, if you actually become SKILLED at the game, there is a whole lot of stuff to unlock and the process of getting that stuff is an absolute blast.  And while I don't like the WWII titles in the CoD series (with the exception of maybe CoD2), the 2 Modern Warfare games have amazing single player campaigns too. 

I agree with you, BTW.  Killzone 2 is awesome.

Battlefield ALWAYS makes CoD look silly.

Battlefield on PC is always the first in any feature set and by far a better experience. Its so sad its take so many years for Dice/EA to put out another BF quality PC game. Can't wait for the full fledged version in BF3. This BF:BC2 looks to be a great game but it will pale in comparison to the next main BF game. However, I will buy BF:BC2 in March to properly prep in the destruction and new overall gameplay variants.