By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bad Company 2's multiplayer is making MW2 look silly, IMO.

superchunk said:
Battlefield ALWAYS makes CoD look silly.

Battlefield on PC is always the first in any feature set and by far a better experience. Its so sad its take so many years for Dice/EA to put out another BF quality PC game. Can't wait for the full fledged version in BF3. This BF:BC2 looks to be a great game but it will pale in comparison to the next main BF game. However, I will buy BF:BC2 in March to properly prep in the destruction and new overall gameplay variants.

Agreed.  I love the BF series, even 2142. 

However, I'm having a lot more fun with MW2 than I did with BF:BC.  I will still buy BC2, and I will be in line for BF3 when it comes out.  I just don't think it's wise to negate MW2's quality.  It's a well made game and the spec ops co-op mode has been a lot of fun.  But I think the big attraction to CoD multi player is how often you get rewarded, while Battlefield games make you work for it more.  Either way, I am a much bigger fan of the BF series, but it's not fair to take away from MW2's quality just because of that.

Around the Network

Well if anyone here wants to join me on lots of hours of KZ2 let me know. I personally saw MW2 is ridiculously overhyped for a decent game at that. I enjoyed MW1 a little more, 2 felt like a cash in (nearly as bad as ODST when it came to cash in. Single player was over for me in barely 4 hours). As for multiplayer I thoroughly enjoyed KZ2 more although I still have to get the DLC maps. The only sniper heaven map is probably Pyrrhus Rise. What I loved so much about KZ2 was the ability to customize the classes once you unlock lots of stuff, and yes KZ2 also rewards you ALOT (still need to unlock the saboteur second ability though, I been playing engineer and tactician alot).
Back on topic, BC2 looks promising. I do agree with someone here, aside from KZ2, BF2 on PC gave me some of the best MP experiences.
P.S. KZ2 doesn't need vehicles to be an amazing MP experience.

KylieDog said:
Domicinator said:

News flash:  camping happens on ALL MULTI PLAYER SHOOTERS.  I don't care what game it is, this goes on in all of them.  Sometimes you get into an entertaining and challenging server, and sometimes you can't seem to find one game where everyone isn't sniping or camping and waiting for you to run by so they can knife you.  This is in no way unique to MW2, and you absolutely cannot call it a bad game because people camp.  That is like calling all mutli player shooters before it crap games too. 

Also, if you are camping in MW2, it probably means you're dying a lot.  If you are in a server with a lot of skilled players, you're usually afraid to move for fear of instantly dying.  Most of the popular camping spots still have multiple open angles for people to kill you from.  If you are frustrated by campers, it's probably because they're killing you a lot.  Which means you're getting killed by some of the shittiest players out there.  The guys that camp have no other option but to sit there and wait for someone to run by.  And, by the way, there is a BIG difference between a camper and a really skilled sniper.  Sorry to go off on you for this, but I have been playing online shooters for years, my favorite series being the Battlefield series.  Battlefield 2 on the PC gave me some of the best multi player experiences I have ever had.  But it had campers too.  So did Quake.  So did CounterStrike.  So did Enemy Territory. 

MW2 is a successful game because it rewards you a lot for what you do.  Any fool can put in all the hours and rank up to level 70.  HOWEVER, if you actually become SKILLED at the game, there is a whole lot of stuff to unlock and the process of getting that stuff is an absolute blast.  And while I don't like the WWII titles in the CoD series (with the exception of maybe CoD2), the 2 Modern Warfare games have amazing single player campaigns too. 

I agree with you, BTW.  Killzone 2 is awesome.

A good shooter will discourage camping and give a good reason to make players not want to camp.   MW2 fails to do this well, it was bad in MW1 but all the extra things like the long reach knifing, heartbeat sensors and the common used nuke killstreak chain make camping too easy/good a thing to not do.

Everyone has access to the same upgrades in MW2.  If you are annoyed by the upgrades that othe people are using, then earn them yourself so you can use them too.  Level the playing field.  If you are camping in MW2, you are going to get killed a lot.  The person you killed from your camping spot can look at their killcam and find out exactly where you are, then communicate that to his/her teammates so they can take care of it.  Campers don't usually last long in the servers I've been on, and I have spent MANY MANY MANY hours playing this game.  I have never been overly annoyed by campers or nukes, or anything else, and I come from a long history of playing online shooters.

The definition of insanity is doing the same exact thing over and over and expecting different result.  If you get killed by a camper once or twice, no big deal.  If you continually get killed by the same camper, then you are an idiot.  Find a way to get the guy out of there, and chances are he won't be camping there anymore.  If you don't like the extended knife range, quit charging into areas before making sure they're clear first.  Toss a couple of whistlers into a building before storming it.  Use some strategy.  If you use strategy in MW2 and learn the maps fairly well, campers will be toast after one round and will leave.  Or they'll just stop doing it. Personally, my biggest annoyance in MW2 are the guys who are actually really good at the game.  The campers are usually the shittiest players on the server.

BTW, campign was a huge problem in BF1942, BF2, BF2142, BF Vietnam, and BF Bad Company.  I used to spend a lot of time on TotalBF2.com and TotalBF2142.com, and the biggest point of contention on those forums was usually people sniping and grenading too much as well as people camping.  In Battlefield, if you can sneak over to a fixed spawn point of the enemy team, you can just pick people off as they spawn into the game.  This is camping at its worst and it mostly happens in BF games.  If someone gets a good spot behind your home base spawn point and knows all the different places your team will spawn, they will absolutely dominate your team for the whole round. 

All that being said, I will repeat myself:  the Battlefield series is my favorite online shooter series of all time.  But credit should be given where credit is due.  MW2 is a quality game and the online portion of it is a blast.

ha.ha.lol it's funny... I might be the first one that traded Modern Warfare 2 back for Call of Duty 4 at Gamestop..

I got fed up of all the glitches, getting knifed from 30 feet away also from the worst spawning system a game can get and from its terrible match making system, the weapons in MW2 don't feel the same as the one in COD4, In COD4 I feel the weapons has better response, weight to them and also that punch/power behind that thump sound . In MW2 they feel flimsy, lighter and not much recoil.. Example: compare the 1014 shotgun in COD4 to the one in MW2 or the M16A4, AKA-47 there's a slight lag to them in MW2 .. The 1014 in COD4 you blast and at the same time its lights out for him and has a faster fire rate, in MW2 you blast and its kind of hits him then drop and has a slower fire rate.

Anyway even when IW has patched MW2 with the latest update the game still has flaws that I wont mention, I think it was enough ranting from my part.

I had fun playing MW2 I won't lie, my fave weapons were the SCAR and the 1887 before it was nerfed but I always felt something was missing that COD4 always had.   IMO, technically, COD4 is much better than MW2.

OT: I thought I was alone on this one, BF.Bad Company 2 its looking like it will give the COD series a run for its money this time. The whole gameplay looks tight, to bad for campers they wont last long hiding behind a wall or on a second of a building knowing I can blast him and the wall away with a rocket launcher.

I don't get tired of seeing this over and over, it looks fun.

I haven't play the beta but it is what it is, a beta with some flaws and is a testing of the game that when the actual game comes out it will be near perfect ..

I hoping Bad Company 2 turns out great to let know IW there's competition this time around.

Ok, back to COD4 until Bad Company 2 comes out.

My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller

dougsdad0629 said:

The vast majority of my online multiplayer experience is in the CoD series, but I can't help but notice just how much more advanced Bad Company 2 seems.  The vehicles such as the tank, helicopter and ATV look awesome, MW2...no vehicles.  The ability to have 4 separate squads competing against each other in Squad Deathmatch, max of 2 teams in MW2.  The ability to destroy cover, unlike in MW2 where someone can avoid the damage from my grenade launcher by ducking down beneath the window they're camping behind if I miss actually putting the grenade in the window.

This is all just my opinion.  Realistically, I know that Bad Company 2 will probably never gain the recognition or popularity of MW2 and that's a shame.  It truly looks like the better game.

Yeah... well, Battlefield has been the better franchise for many many years TBH. Us long time PC FPS players have known this for quite a while.

This march, a whole new group of folks will get to witness it on PS360.

Even as far as consoles go, I have been playing the BF:BC2 beta on PS3 and MW2... BF:BC2 is the far superior game, will be interesting to see if it manages to grab the superior sales. Might be difficult, the thing MW2 did best was hire whoever did their TV ad campaign. ( I dont watch TV myself, but have heard from several people how the MW2 commercials managed to make the game look insanely epic and fun )

Around the Network

Bad Company is awesome its truly a contender for 2010 GOTY

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Dice are simply great developers. I enjoyed Mirrors edge and I really really enjoyed BF1942! Its not surprising that anyone would rank their multiplayer so highly because they are truely AAA developers in both a game design and a technological perspective.

Tease.

I don't think so at all:
1) I've heard quite a few complaints about lag in bf:bc2 and sometimes i get a lot in the beta, the first game was infamous for sometimes being unplayable
2) Im beginning to dislike the sniper rifles as if you body shoot a person, theyll be left with about 2 percent health, so they can get away by the time you have reloaded!
3) MW2 is an almost completely different game aswell! MW2 is all about speed and reflex, BF is more about the tactical side of things, with much larger maps etc
I actually really enjoyed the first game's online (BF) and becasue of the behicles and tactics you could use, I thought at times it hit even greater heights than cod4. Im not sure how this one can compare to MW2, as the finished product is not even out.

KylieDog said:
Squilliam said:
Dice are simply great developers. I enjoyed Mirrors edge and I really really enjoyed BF1942! Its not surprising that anyone would rank their multiplayer so highly because they are truely AAA developers in both a game design and a technological perspective.

Will be interesting to see what they do with Medal of Honour, since they are handling the multiplayer of that.

Yes it will be. What im personally interested in is what level of controller latency they achieve. MW2 and Halo 3 both have extremely low latency and I have a theory that high latency was the cause of the controller complaints with KZ2. It will be interesting to see how they implement things.

Tease.

thanks for the info, but im guessing that the deadzone + inertia + latency was the cause of most the problems. When they patched it they could have easily tweaked the first two to solve most of the issues I heard about.

Tease.