By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bad Company 2's multiplayer is making MW2 look silly, IMO.

i always liked Battlefield more. its fun, it needs skill, Call of duty is too noob friendly they even have aiming help where you shoot near someone and it moves the aiming line for you.

also the storyline is ridiculous , its always about shock factor and it gets old the first game you play (since they all do the same thing)

DICE are quite an amazing devs, i can't wait to see what MoH is going to be like.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

im lvl 12 on mw2 and cant be bothered to play it more, its gone downhill and seems boring, the ammount of campers is getting outragous

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

KylieDog said:
Domicinator said:
KylieDog said:
Domicinator said:

News flash:  camping happens on ALL MULTI PLAYER SHOOTERS.  I don't care what game it is, this goes on in all of them.  Sometimes you get into an entertaining and challenging server, and sometimes you can't seem to find one game where everyone isn't sniping or camping and waiting for you to run by so they can knife you.  This is in no way unique to MW2, and you absolutely cannot call it a bad game because people camp.  That is like calling all mutli player shooters before it crap games too. 

Also, if you are camping in MW2, it probably means you're dying a lot.  If you are in a server with a lot of skilled players, you're usually afraid to move for fear of instantly dying.  Most of the popular camping spots still have multiple open angles for people to kill you from.  If you are frustrated by campers, it's probably because they're killing you a lot.  Which means you're getting killed by some of the shittiest players out there.  The guys that camp have no other option but to sit there and wait for someone to run by.  And, by the way, there is a BIG difference between a camper and a really skilled sniper.  Sorry to go off on you for this, but I have been playing online shooters for years, my favorite series being the Battlefield series.  Battlefield 2 on the PC gave me some of the best multi player experiences I have ever had.  But it had campers too.  So did Quake.  So did CounterStrike.  So did Enemy Territory. 

MW2 is a successful game because it rewards you a lot for what you do.  Any fool can put in all the hours and rank up to level 70.  HOWEVER, if you actually become SKILLED at the game, there is a whole lot of stuff to unlock and the process of getting that stuff is an absolute blast.  And while I don't like the WWII titles in the CoD series (with the exception of maybe CoD2), the 2 Modern Warfare games have amazing single player campaigns too. 

I agree with you, BTW.  Killzone 2 is awesome.

A good shooter will discourage camping and give a good reason to make players not want to camp.   MW2 fails to do this well, it was bad in MW1 but all the extra things like the long reach knifing, heartbeat sensors and the common used nuke killstreak chain make camping too easy/good a thing to not do.

Everyone has access to the same upgrades in MW2.  If you are annoyed by the upgrades that othe people are using, then earn them yourself so you can use them too.  Level the playing field.  If you are camping in MW2, you are going to get killed a lot.  The person you killed from your camping spot can look at their killcam and find out exactly where you are, then communicate that to his/her teammates so they can take care of it.  Campers don't usually last long in the servers I've been on, and I have spent MANY MANY MANY hours playing this game.  I have never been overly annoyed by campers or nukes, or anything else, and I come from a long history of playing online shooters.

Your answer to one person using tools to make camping godly is for the other person to do it too?  That just results in more campers.  It isn't like the sit in the exact same spot, they will usually camp a small area and have other campers all backing eachother up.  Even if you make your way back to that area they will have moved slightly and you're likely to be shot by one of the covering campers before finding the one who killed you first.  The best way to rack up kills is to be one of the campers with a couple backing you up.  Never mind the completely stupid amount of killstreaks in the game, chances are the campers will set-up somehwere they forces you intot he open to reach them, meaning you're gonna die from harriers and such just trying to get near them.  The comminacate with team idea is nonsense, half the time they don't even speak the same langauge and even if they do most people don't wanna listen.  Using a preset party is not a good front for good game design, fact is the vast majority of players just jump into matches, after that most commonly parties are 2 or 3 people tops.

The definition of insanity is doing the same exact thing over and over and expecting different result.  If you get killed by a camper once or twice, no big deal.  If you continually get killed by the same camper, then you are an idiot.  Find a way to get the guy out of there, and chances are he won't be camping there anymore.  If you don't like the extended knife range, quit charging into areas before making sure they're clear first.  Toss a couple of whistlers into a building before storming it.  Use some strategy.  If you use strategy in MW2 and learn the maps fairly well, campers will be toast after one round and will leave.  Or they'll just stop doing it. Personally, my biggest annoyance in MW2 are the guys who are actually really good at the game.  The campers are usually the shittiest players on the server.

Again with the fighting groups of campers, that stuff you posted may be great for hunting one single camper, but they roll in packs commonly and even if you kill one another will get you while you kill him, by time you go back for number 2 number 1 is back there again, nevermind the 3rd or more.

BTW, campign was a huge problem in BF1942, BF2, BF2142, BF Vietnam, and BF Bad Company.  I used to spend a lot of time on TotalBF2.com and TotalBF2142.com, and the biggest point of contention on those forums was usually people sniping and grenading too much as well as people camping.  In Battlefield, if you can sneak over to a fixed spawn point of the enemy team, you can just pick people off as they spawn into the game.  This is camping at its worst and it mostly happens in BF games.  If someone gets a good spot behind your home base spawn point and knows all the different places your team will spawn, they will absolutely dominate your team for the whole round. 

I don't know why you talking about old games since things have advanced since them, for some games anyway, MW2 not being one of them.  Look at MW1 compared to MW2 and MW2 actually has more things that benefit campers, it is going in totally the wrong direction.  What you are complaining about is spawn killing anyway, not camping.  The two are completely different.   If you try and camping in BC2 you're facing a lot of things that work against you, killer-cam, spotting, loss of cover because it gets destroyed and so forth.  Battlefield is a lot more objective based too so camping means you're gonna end up losing.

You'll get people try and camp no matter what but at least in BC2 it isn't beneficial to camp and will not work for very long before you cannot.

Again--I agree that any BF game will be a superior game to a CoD game.  I am not the world's biggest CoD fan.  I mostly hate CoD games.  But MW and MW2 are great games.   No matter how good BF games are, that doesn't mean everything else is stupid or bad.

Also, you can camp for entire rounds in BF games.  It's simple.  Sneak into the enemy team's permanent spawn point, find a good place to sit where nobody can see you, and memorize all the different places the game will spawn the other team at that point.  You can do that for the whole game and do nothing but rack up points.  This has been a problem in every BF game I have ever played.  And yes, you CAN do it for a long time if you do it the right way.  Is that a fun way to play the game?  Hell no.  Do people do it in BF games?  ALL THE DAMN TIME.

EDIT:  And no, my answer to camping is not to "do it too".  My answer to camping is to kill the fucking campers so they stop doing it.  This is not a difficult concept to grasp.  If you can't kill a few 10 year olds who just like to play hide and seek all round long, then it's probably better you play a different game.

I agree with PDF, even if both are FPS's they are really different and good enough in their types. and this has been since 2003 (although it took COD 2 years to "catch up" with BF2)

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Munkeh111 said:
I am not surprised people are starting to hate MW 2, it has become too popular, all popular games receive this backlash, which does annoy me a little actually

MW 2 is a very different game, it is very very fast paced, whereas there is more strategy to Battlefield, and I actually found it a bit empty in the game I played in the beta. A vehicle based online mode is obviously going to make a very different experience to one without vehicles, but having vehicles does not make it better. The WaW games with tanks sucked

yeah keep telling yourself mw2 is a great game. And also keep telling yourself bfbc2 sucks even though you have probably never touched it.  People arent saying mw2 sucks because its so popular, they are saying it because the game is bad.

now as for bc2.... it totally destroys mw2.

Around the Network
Severance said:
i always liked Battlefield more. its fun, it needs skill, Call of duty is too noob friendly they even have aiming help where you shoot near someone and it moves the aiming line for you.

also the storyline is ridiculous , its always about shock factor and it gets old the first game you play (since they all do the same thing)

DICE are quite an amazing devs, i can't wait to see what MoH is going to be like.

This is not the case in multi player.  There is no aim assistance.  You actually have to be able to hit your target.  This is, however, the case in the single player.

Pock3R said:
Munkeh111 said:
I am not surprised people are starting to hate MW 2, it has become too popular, all popular games receive this backlash, which does annoy me a little actually

MW 2 is a very different game, it is very very fast paced, whereas there is more strategy to Battlefield, and I actually found it a bit empty in the game I played in the beta. A vehicle based online mode is obviously going to make a very different experience to one without vehicles, but having vehicles does not make it better. The WaW games with tanks sucked

yeah keep telling yourself mw2 is a great game. And also keep telling yourself bfbc2 sucks even though you have probably never touched it.  People arent saying mw2 sucks because its so popular, they are saying it because the game is bad.

now as for bc2.... it totally destroys mw2.

If someone likes a game, they like the game.  We're not all in on some mass delusion that MW2 is a good game when it's really not.  Maybe we actually have fun playing it.

Again, why do you guys think that just because BF:BC2 will be good that everything else is then bad?  Isn't it ok to like more than one game?  MW2 is a good game.  In my opinion, BF games are the ultimate online shooters.  Both series have their good and bad points.  BF definitely makes you work harder for points and upgrades, but the gameplay is a lot deeper than CoD multiplayer.  That doesn't mean CoD isn't fun.

PDF said:
What about people like me who don't like vehicles?

BF games always have a good assortment of maps. Some are basically best to remain on your feet, most are a very good balance to choose either path, and some are best in vehicles. However, if your good in both scenarios then you'll have a blast and rank well.

This makes Bad Company 2's Multiplayer look silly.

Domicinator said:
Severance said:

This is not the case in multi player.  There is no aim assistance.  You actually have to be able to hit your target.  This is, however, the case in the single player.

nope im talking about Multiplayer, its very very noob friendly.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.