By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bad Company 2's multiplayer is making MW2 look silly, IMO.

The great thing about Bad Company 2 is that because of destructible environments, you don't have to worry about guys sitting in corners. You could:

1) Grenade launch the wall down.
2) Fuck the grenade launcher, and use an RPG
3) Ram a Humvee, or better, a tank right through the wall
4) Shoot a well placed shell from a tank
5) Place a C4 on the wall
6) Or just demolish the entire fucking building

So many ways to approach the situation ;P

Around the Network
dougsdad0629 said:
Basically, if you sit in one place for longer than 1 or 2 kills and you're not using a sniper rifle, you are a wimp and are ruining the game for a lot of people. I know the point is to shoot your enemy before he shoots you, but nobody likes the soldier that hides in a corner while everyone else is out fighting. How about supporting your teammates and moving around like a proper squad. Get someone's back for a change. Don't just be out for yourself and your own K/D ratio. Camp if you want in FFA, but on TDM, forget it.

BTW, just to be clear, I understand the difference between camping and holding a position in a mode such as domination.

Then don't play team death match... I play headquaters

Domicinator said:
Severance said:
Domicinator said:
Severance said:
i always liked Battlefield more. its fun, it needs skill, Call of duty is too noob friendly they even have aiming help where you shoot near someone and it moves the aiming line for you.

also the storyline is ridiculous , its always about shock factor and it gets old the first game you play (since they all do the same thing)

DICE are quite an amazing devs, i can't wait to see what MoH is going to be like.

This is not the case in multi player.  There is no aim assistance.  You actually have to be able to hit your target.  This is, however, the case in the single player.

nope im talking about Multiplayer, its very very noob friendly.

First of all, again, the multi player in MW2 DOES NOT auto aim for you.  Period.  It just simply doesn't.  You're wrong on that point.  You actually have to be pretty accurate to kill someone in MW2's multiplayer.  In the single player, all you have to do is be somewhat close when you use your site and it points you right at the guy, which I think you can even turn off if you want.  I may be wrong on that.

Also, if a game is noob friendly, then so be it.  Don't you like when there are lots of servers going and lots of games to join?  If there is an influx of "noobs" then you can have fun easily killing them for awhile.  The bad ones will eventually stop playing the game, and the good ones will stick around and provide some good competition. 

And again, about the camping (whoever that other guy is that keeps bringing it up) MW2 is actually more random as far as where you spawn, so I have trouble believing that you get camped more in MW2 than in a BF game.  It sounds to me like you just suck at the game.

but it is, and i played First person shooter long enough to know.

and when i say its noob friendly i didn't mean people playing it are noobs i mean't its very.... friendly and doesn't take any challenge , which people like me like a challenge others don't so they just play it.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

I've pretty much had a 1.00 K/D ratio for Halo 3 and Modern Warfare 2. Very streaky.
Every FPS has It's weaknesses. Halo 2 had It's shotgun/sword campers and Snipers in the most odd postions, and now MW2 has campers. But theres killcam there for a reason. Unless their guarded by someone or It's on hardcore you should be able to kill that guy again if you go after him.

Most of the time people get nukes because they are heavily guarded or no one goes after that certain person. I've gotten close to a Nuke several times with a SCAR-H so It's possible to do with other weapons if your good/lucky enough.

Honestly the more I think about it Counterstrike was the only game I felt to be the most fair of first person shooters. I didn't care much for the other Battlefield games so I assumed Bad Company was the same thing. Name me the most balanced shooter out on the market besides Counter Strike and I'll give it a whirl: and I'll be bound to find some flaws with it/balance issues.

It's just that simple.

Severance said:
Domicinator said:
Severance said:
Domicinator said:
Severance said:
i always liked Battlefield more. its fun, it needs skill, Call of duty is too noob friendly they even have aiming help where you shoot near someone and it moves the aiming line for you.

also the storyline is ridiculous , its always about shock factor and it gets old the first game you play (since they all do the same thing)

DICE are quite an amazing devs, i can't wait to see what MoH is going to be like.

This is not the case in multi player.  There is no aim assistance.  You actually have to be able to hit your target.  This is, however, the case in the single player.

First of all, again, the multi player in MW2 DOES NOT auto aim for you.  Period.  It just simply doesn't.  You're wrong on that point.  You actually have to be pretty accurate to kill someone in MW2's multiplayer.  In the single player, all you have to do is be somewhat close when you use your site and it points you right at the guy, which I think you can even turn off if you want.  I may be wrong on that.

Also, if a game is noob friendly, then so be it.  Don't you like when there are lots of servers going and lots of games to join?  If there is an influx of "noobs" then you can have fun easily killing them for awhile.  The bad ones will eventually stop playing the game, and the good ones will stick around and provide some good competition. 

And again, about the camping (whoever that other guy is that keeps bringing it up) MW2 is actually more random as far as where you spawn, so I have trouble believing that you get camped more in MW2 than in a BF game.  It sounds to me like you just suck at the game.

and when i say its noob friendly i didn't mean people playing it are noobs i mean't its very.... friendly and doesn't take any challenge , which people like me like a challenge others don't so they just play it.

Ok awesome.  You seem to be the expert on FPS game mechanics.  I will just take your word for it because you say so.

MW2 can be very challenging.  It depends on who you're playing with.  It absolutely does take some skill.  When you spot an enemy, if you take time to select the right weapon and try to aim, you will be dead.  You have to think on your feet and react quickly.  If you can't, you're not going to enjoy the game.

Around the Network
Akvod said:
The great thing about Bad Company 2 is that because of destructible environments, you don't have to worry about guys sitting in corners. You could:

This is EXACTLY what I'm looking forward to in BC2.  I can't tell you how much it pisses me off when I want to launch a grenade into a window or opening when I know a guy is in there, but my aim is a little off and it just explodes against the building with no effect.  The guy can even be visible in the window, but if you detonate the grenade around the window frame rather than inside the room, it does nothing.  The explosions are so 2 dimensional in MW2.  Ever slightly miss with a predator missile and hit next to some stairs or something while your target is going up them?  The explosion has no effect on them at all.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Domicinator said:
Severance said:
Domicinator said:
Severance said:
Domicinator said:
Severance said:

Ok awesome.  You seem to be the expert on FPS game mechanics.  I will just take your word for it because you say so.

MW2 can be very challenging.  It depends on who you're playing with.  It absolutely does take some skill.  When you spot an enemy, if you take time to select the right weapon and try to aim, you will be dead.  You have to think on your feet and react quickly.  If you can't, you're not going to enjoy the game.

that can be said about all online games , it always depends on who you are playing with, and every game genre has it's tactics

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

dougsdad0629 said:
Akvod said:

This is EXACTLY what I'm looking forward to in BC2.  I can't tell you how much it pisses me off when I want to launch a grenade into a window or opening when I know a guy is in there, but my aim is a little off and it just explodes against the building with no effect.  The guy can even be visible in the window, but if you detonate the grenade around the window frame rather than inside the room, it does nothing.  The explosions are so 2 dimensional in MW2.  Ever slightly miss with a predator missile and hit next to some stairs or something while your target is going up them?  The explosion has no effect on them at all.

This is what I enjoyed so much in the first Bad Company game, and what I thought was lame about BF2 and BF2142.  The environments in those games were just absolutely indestructable.  It took away a little bit of the realism.

i dont agree CoD ownz all in my opinion (im a sony fan boy too it even owns killzone 2 in my opinion)

I dunno Bad Company 1 was just OK. What is the second one going to improve upon?

It's just that simple.