By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy between 7-15 hours long...

Just a heads up to people that complain about "short" games (you know who you are), well here's another one to add to your hit list.  People are clocking in times of between 7-15 hours on it (7 hours if you usually finish your games quickly).  So the average for the game is likely to be somewhere in that range. 

For some who're going to try to argue about collecting all the stars, etc, keep in mind that those who've bashed shorter games on the 360 and PS3 didn't feel that such things were enough (collecting achievements on 360, etc) to offset a short game so expect to get the same feedback here, especially since those times include collecting and unlocking almost everything.

The game is apparently pretty good so maybe people should remember that the quality and experience of a game can sometimes make up for it's length.  Also this game like Heavenly Sword likely has good replayability so don't let the haters get to you and just enjoy it.

Around the Network

Who cares ? its the game of the year anyway.

Besides, most people are reporting over 20 hours just for finishing the game, with over 30 or 40+ to get all the stars.

I believe more in the usual reviewers.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

I've clocked around 8 hours in and i only got 29 stars and i don't consider myself a "casual" gamer.

i see now that it is a wii game people are okay with a short game hmmmm

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

URNotE said:
i see now that it is a wii game people are okay with a short game hmmmm

But is NOT a short game. In all reviews they are reporting around 20+ hours for finishing the game and over 30+ to get all stars.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network

That's weird. Earlier reports had the game pegged at 20+ hours witout counting collecting all the stars.

Reviewers are all reporting 20+ hours. IGN said it's more like 30 if you collect all stars. Give a credible source Legend or this is just trolling.

where are you hearing this? i've only heard of people making it in 20 - 30 hours

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

I dont know why people are like this . Daxter is 6 hours long , and I loved it , same with R&C:SM and POP: SOT ... I dont care if a game is only 2 hours long , untill its good :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I don't know how long it was meant to take to complete Paper Mario on the gamecube but by the time I got everything and completed it the clock had reached 99:59:59.

7 hours maybe if you have a walkthrough but for us mortals that plod along at our own pace probably several weeks!