By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy between 7-15 hours long...

i hope its longer just not too long or ill get bored and stop playing kinda like what i did when i played twilight princess

Around the Network

Do you have a source for this information, or are you just trolling?

I am a little worse than the average gamer. I will try to get all of the stars and I am certain almost all hardcore gamers will. You cannot even start to get the true experience and play the game as it was really meant to be played until after you collect all of the stars. I'm thinking this game will take me over 30 hours. That makes it much shorter (for me) than FF6 but much longer than most new games.

The game is a long game, not a short game.

Now NSMB, that was a short game.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

I don't know how long it was meant to take to complete Paper Mario on the gamecube but by the time I got everything and completed it the clock had reached 99:59:59.

7 hours maybe if you have a walkthrough and are just aiming to complete it and nothing else, but for us mortals that plod along at our own pace and explore everywhere, probably several weeks!

HappySqurriel said:
Do you have a source for this information, or are you just trolling?

This is obviously only a flame bait thread, i guess i can create a thread reporting that Mass effect lasts 2 hours without using any proof to back up my point.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network
carlos710 said:
Who cares ? its the game of the year anyway.

Besides, most people are reporting over 20 hours just for finishing the game, with over 30 or 40+ to get all the stars.

I believe more in the usual reviewers.

Game of the year for you maybe, still way to early to tell for the true game of the year

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Legend's only source is "people". Where as actual review sites that have played through and beaten the game claim 20-30 hours.

This myth is busted.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

naznatips said:
Reviewers are all reporting 20+ hours. IGN said it's more like 30 if you collect all stars. Give a credible source Legend or this is just trolling.

I think he was harsh 15-25 hours is probably right 15 being the people who rush it, 20 being the average joe

and yea its probably 30 to collect all stars, but what he means by this is collecting all stars isnt really beating the game, its grabbing all the little goodies, so all those games youve thrown in our faces for being short, need to have their length increased because you dont collect "all the stars" by just beating the main mission

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
URNotE said:
i see now that it is a wii game people are okay with a short game hmmmm

I see people saying that proffesional reveiwers have reports to the contrary... and they're usually the ones who play through games the quickest. (next to speed runners.)

I'd be disapointed if it was any less the 10 hours myself.

URNotE said:
i see now that it is a wii game people are okay with a short game hmmmm

I see people saying that proffesional reveiwers have reports to the contrary... and they're usually the ones who play through games the quickest. (next to speed runners.)

I'd be disapointed if it was any less the 10 hours myself.