By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy between 7-15 hours long...

SeriousWB said:

I'll raise you this:

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p35/Legolastom/ultimatecombo703607nu0-2.jpg

(Full Screen)

Around the Network

On Topic: Really? Reviews say otherwise.

As far as Heavenly Sword, I remember only one review site saying it took them 5 days of 12 hours of play to finish the game(60 hours). The rest had it clocked at single digit time frame.

Legend11 said:
naznatips said:
Reviewers are all reporting 20+ hours. IGN said it's more like 30 if you collect all stars. Give a credible source Legend or this is just trolling.

I really don't see how commenting on a game's length is trolling.  I mean I saw many threads in the Sony forum talking about Heavenly Sword's length and similar threads in the Microsoft forum about Halo 3 for example and I don't remember anyone being accused of trolling in those threads.   There are also such threads about Call of Duty 4's length and still no mention of trolling.

Anyways for starters check out the "Official Worldwide Super Mario Galaxy Thread - Megaton Spoiler in Post #4938" at NeoGAF.  Better yet I'll save people some work and just link to some of the postings in that thread (these people aren't trolls either and it's obvious from their postings)...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8463289&postcount=5880 (7 hours)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8475999&postcount=6035  (~14-15 hours)

Just as in my original posting I expected people to mention collecting stars but those people must realize that there are achievements and collectables in short 360 games as well for example (I collected hundreds of orbs in Crackdown and did all the timed races for example) but that wasn't enough to fend off those that put down short games.  Don't get me wrong I'm not putting down Super Mario Galaxy, in fact I'm defending it along with Heavenly Sword, Call of Duty 4, Halo 3, etc.

legend11, how dare you speak ill of any game on god's obvious gift to gaming. you should be burned at the stake, the Wii Inquisition will have their justice. admit your trespasses so that you may die with a clean soul, REPENT BLASPHEMER!!! LOL, yeah, don't you know achievements are nothing like stars... stars have five points for chrissakes! just like bothering to complete the challenge mode on R&C is irrelevant as well, even if it is the ONLY way to get the final weapons, devices, armor, upgrades, skill points, cheats, skins, etc without a walkthrough.

What a fine example of flamebait.

1. You haven't played this game.
2. You don't care about this game.
3. You're just looking for an opportunity to piss off Nintendo players.

So, this fishy thread will be around for 3 days (just like the other useless thread: "ZOMG Mario Galaxy bombed HARD in Japan!!1!!eleven1!!1!"), you will get ~200 replies, everybody will be upset. Happy?

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

NVM

Around the Network

Great Scott DonWii!!  I fold...

@vizunary,

If you were actually interested about the topic, and not justing looking for a good ol' flame you would've read through the thread.

Using neogaf posts as a source?

Lock...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

vizunary, please don't ignore the fact that every credible source is still claiming 15 hours minimum as an average play time. Selective reading makes you look ignorant and ridiculous. Even Legend's own second link admitted to only playing the main path and not playing the hidden galaxies and he STILL clocked it at 15-20 hours. The only one who clocked it at 7 directly contradicted every major reviewer and admitted to skipping most of the gameplay content.

Skipping unlockable weapons and achievements is one thing. Skipping entire galaxies (levels) is another. That's like me playing Ratchet & Clank but stopping halfway through and saying "Well, I know how it ends, so that's how long it is." If you are going to skip unique gameplay experiences within the game you are missing a large chunk of tangible gameplay. Please don't compare unlockable items to entire levels.

^ like using a flute on Mario bros 3 to finish the game in 5 minutes!

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

^ Like those games where you select the stages. You select the last one after finishing the first and you can beat the game in under a hour.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."