By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official Nov. 2009 NPD Thread Data covers Nov 1-28 comes @ 6:30 PM EST

ethomaz said:
leo-j said:
actually ioi said its likely the ps3 would do around 125K FF XIII week.

He said this without FFXIII... with FFXIII release is more like 175k (his words).

"I would be impressed if it gets to 175K, does that expect 250K are setting themselves up for a dissapointment"

mM
Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
hey maybe a little off-topic but...
where's vgchartz weekly analysis?

Tomorrow on Friday mate, ioi said so himself. Been busy :P

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

noname2200 said:
Soriku said:
TheThunder said:
Oh just remembered. Reggie is probably preparing to eat some crow come January

Why? Here's his quote:

“Modern Warfare 2 is on two platforms. On a single platform, absolutely. I say that unequivocally. On one particular platform, I do believe so. You’ve got to give me the entire holiday selling season, so let’s take it all the way through the January NPD data. It’s going to be close. Modern Warfare is a a great title. As a gamer, I look forward to it. The new Modern Warfare, I think is going to be a fantastic title. Not to discount it, it will sell well. Of course I’ll play it. I play all the content out there.”

It'll outsell MW2 PS3 in the US.

Just accept the fact that Reggie was totally being cocky, went out of his way to make this prediction, put everything on the line on his being right, and will now get to have it rubbed in his face for the rest of eternity.

Except he clearly says on one platform, not overall. Reggie knew that the PS3 version would underperform compared to the 360 one.

I do agree that he shouldn't have made such a comment, as it easily got misconstrued.

leo-j said:
ethomaz said:
leo-j said:
actually ioi said its likely the ps3 would do around 125K FF XIII week.

He said this without FFXIII... with FFXIII release is more like 175k (his words).

"I would be impressed if it gets to 175K, does that expect 250K are setting themselves up for a dissapointment"

"So for PS3, you can see that Sony sees much smaller boosts in the next 3 weeks than Nintendo historically so I'd expect maybe 70k next week then 95k then maybe 125k for the week ending 27th Dec. With the release of FFXIII this will be more like 75k, 175k and 135k vs 110k, 160k and 210k for Wii. The week ending 3rd Jan will be interesting though - I could see both at around 150k potentially as Nintendo drops and Sony rises again slightly.

It will be interesting, but I think those expecting 250k+ in Final Fantasy week could be a little disappointed - 175k would be impressive imo."

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=2909664&page=5&postnum=10 

So he don't expect 250k+ but 175k.

Khuutra said:
noname2200 said:
wholikeswood said:
Regardless of how well the 360 does in the US during December, PS3 should still triumph overall when we examine the total Americas figures.

MC would drink light beer

Not a fan of The Chief?!

Around the Network

To the sales numbers :

What exactly is the reason why the people are so excited or shocked ? Xbox360>PS3 for the whole month in US is not news for me. Ok the margin is bigger but all numbers are not correct. 

The thing is: If the Xbox360 wont sell much much more in the US then the Ps3 will catch up quickly. Because Europe and Japan are bigger then US. Nothing has changed. US sales are not able to make up for the difference WW (except PS3 woul dstop sell completly). Us is not enough for Xbox to keep the second place. And the smaller the difference is between PS3 and Xbox360 in the US the faster Ps3 will catch up. An d even if the PS3 would sell half of the Xbox360 sales it would still catch up just more slowely. The difference between Xbox and PS3 in US is 120k for the month. Thats nothing its just 30k win per week for Xbox360 but Japan already makes up for this and closes even the gap and then there is Europe which push the PS3 to second place. Sorry  unless MS dont changes something in EUROPE they cant keep the second place.

MS has to do something very quickly. I bet a 99 Dollar Arcade and a 199 Dollar Elite would win Europe for MS unless Sony dont lower the price to 249 or 199 if the Ps3=199 then there is nothing MS can do to win Europe. Unless they buy the biggest third party games and make them exclusiv.

where is UNCHARTD 2 ??????

Not even above 315k in its 2nd month?????

Seriously people just don't understand quality

noname2200 said:
Khuutra said:

MC would drink light beer

Not a fan of The Chief?!

Nah I love him to death

You just can't turn down an opportunity that rare

misread

mM
BoneyBoy said:
where is UNCHARTD 2 ??????

Not even above 315k in its 2nd month?????

Seriously people just don't understand quality

It's just not that big a series in America.  NPD has the original under 600k iirc.

Dude Raider does great in Europe though.