By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official Nov. 2009 NPD Thread Data covers Nov 1-28 comes @ 6:30 PM EST

darthdevidem01 said:
psrock said:
kowenicki said:
so 360 should beat PS3 by around 200k in the US during December I reckon...

the same as japan i guess.

ergh no not even close (it was around 40K last week I think)

PS3 sold 50K this week in Japan, 360 sold 4.5K

so thats a 46K lead for this week

The lead will only increase next week with the launch of you know what

Around 350K + would be more accurate

(150K on FF13 week + 46K this week + 40K for last week.....which leaves 2 weeks of around 60K each)

EDIT: & I'm under-estimating the potential the FF13 boost has

actually ioi said its likely the ps3 would do around 125K FF XIII week.

mM
Around the Network
Inigo13 said:
Gobias said:
If you think 360 is gonna win December you're insane.

No MW2 bundles, No MW2 launch, No $99 360.

It won't even be close.

The PS3 sales were also greatly helped by their own bundles on Black Friday.

Yeah, I thought the general consensus was that PS3 had the best BF deals?

wholikeswood said:
Regardless of how well the 360 does in the US during December, PS3 should still triumph overall when we examine the total Americas figures.

TheThunder said:
Soriku said:
TheThunder said:
Soriku said:
TheThunder said:
Soriku said:
TheThunder said:
Oh just remembered. Reggie is probably preparing to eat some crow come January

Why? Here's his quote:

“Modern Warfare 2 is on two platforms. On a single platform, absolutely. I say that unequivocally. On one particular platform, I do believe so. You’ve got to give me the entire holiday selling season, so let’s take it all the way through the January NPD data. It’s going to be close. Modern Warfare is a a great title. As a gamer, I look forward to it. The new Modern Warfare, I think is going to be a fantastic title. Not to discount it, it will sell well. Of course I’ll play it. I play all the content out there.”

It'll outsell MW2 PS3 in the US.

How about a video ?

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/77?ch=1&sd=0
Geoff or whatever his name is mentions the 360 Twice and Reggie agrees both times. Let's not back peddle just yet ;)

Huh? The quote I posted is from the vid. Reggie says one particular platform but Geoff moved the goalposts to the 360. Listen to it again.

He says 360 TWICE and Reggie replies I DO BELIEVE SO

Clear enough ?

but it's so typical for console warriors here to spin spin spiiiiiiiin

He said on one particular platform then Geoff said on 360 really quickly and Reggie said I believe so right after. But Reggie originally said on one plaform. So most likely he said it without thinking things through about the 360 thing.

Yes...I'm sure I'm a CONSOLE WARRIOR and I'll I'm doing is spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiining.

*sigh* Some people...

Yeah Reggie missed the guy saying 360 twice !!

Wow, you need to calm down, its not like they bet the fate of the world on this you know.  Besides, its very likely NSMB will beat the one platform bet in any case.

CGI-Quality said:
Inigo13 said:
Gobias said:
If you think 360 is gonna win December you're insane.

No MW2 bundles, No MW2 launch, No $99 360.

It won't even be close.

The PS3 sales were also greatly helped by their own bundles on Black Friday.

As were the 360's (Black Friday Bundles/MW2 Bundles), not to mention Walmart deals and such.

Either way, they both performed well. What's the problem?

No problem here. Just clearing up Gobias' assertion that the reason the 360 won in November is because of the bundles. In reality, both consoles had a large percentage of their sales because of bundling.

Around the Network

hey maybe a little off-topic but...
where's vgchartz weekly analysis?

noname2200 said:
wholikeswood said:
Regardless of how well the 360 does in the US during December, PS3 should still triumph overall when we examine the total Americas figures.

MC would drink light beer

Soriku said:
TheThunder said:
Soriku said:
TheThunder said:
Soriku said:
TheThunder said:
Soriku said:
TheThunder said:
Oh just remembered. Reggie is probably preparing to eat some crow come January

Why? Here's his quote:

“Modern Warfare 2 is on two platforms. On a single platform, absolutely. I say that unequivocally. On one particular platform, I do believe so. You’ve got to give me the entire holiday selling season, so let’s take it all the way through the January NPD data. It’s going to be close. Modern Warfare is a a great title. As a gamer, I look forward to it. The new Modern Warfare, I think is going to be a fantastic title. Not to discount it, it will sell well. Of course I’ll play it. I play all the content out there.”

It'll outsell MW2 PS3 in the US.

How about a video ?

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/77?ch=1&sd=0
Geoff or whatever his name is mentions the 360 Twice and Reggie agrees both times. Let's not back peddle just yet ;)

Huh? The quote I posted is from the vid. Reggie says one particular platform but Geoff moved the goalposts to the 360. Listen to it again.

He says 360 TWICE and Reggie replies I DO BELIEVE SO

Clear enough ?

but it's so typical for console warriors here to spin spin spiiiiiiiin

He said on one particular platform then Geoff said on 360 really quickly and Reggie said I believe so right after. But Reggie originally said on one plaform. So most likely he said it without thinking things through about the 360 thing.

Yes...I'm sure I'm a CONSOLE WARRIOR and I'll I'm doing is spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiining.

*sigh* Some people...

Yeah Reggie missed the guy saying 360 twice !!

lol, the dude said it way too fast. I don't think Reggie would say on one platform then change his mind in a split second. If he meant 360 he would've said that originally.

haha ok I'm done. What was I thinking bringing facts and rational thought and common sense to the Chartz

leo-j said:
actually ioi said its likely the ps3 would do around 125K FF XIII week.

He said this without FFXIII... with FFXIII release is more like 175k (his words).

libellule said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Dec. NPD will be another interesting numbers if 360 can outsell the PS3 on the biggest holiday season then USA is a lost cause for the PS3.

what do u mean ?

NA = 360 , whatever hapens in term of sales trends ... END.

What I meant is chances of PS3 atleast lowering the gap for in the NA is highly unlikely (We all know that PS3 beating 360 in sales is highly unlikely). This is not like the situation in 360 in Japan where 360 is pretty dead in Japan. No matter what they do sales won't pick up there and tha sales gap will just keep on growing unlike in NA PS3 has a bit of life or breathing room.