By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official Nov. 2009 NPD Thread Data covers Nov 1-28 comes @ 6:30 PM EST

Carl2291 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
psrock said:
Why is it so amazing the 360 could beat the PS3 in the US? if it wasn't for that whole BF thing, it was an easy prediction. What most are forgetting especially ps3 FANS, 710k for the PS3 in America, I don't think they've done that well ever.

PS3 is doing fine Leo, better than ever before.

well I have tried to explain this to him on his wall

it seems that he thinks the games library alone should make PS3 win & he thinks SONY doing so much hasn't paid off

but I'm seeing Ps3 sales up YOY by over 100%, so SONY did something right somewhere & effects have taken place

I also tried

Hard to really combat something in its best territory, $100 cheaper... With the biggest SW launch of all time

Well I wrote more than you so you didn't try hard enough or you didn't have the skills to

my conclusion from this?

Dogs > Whales

Merry Fishmas!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

If you think 360 is gonna win December you're insane.

No MW2 bundles, No MW2 launch, No $99 360.

It won't even be close.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

kowenicki said:
so 360 should beat PS3 by around 200k in the US during December I reckon...

the same as japan i guess.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Don't you love how people disregard data so quickly if it opposes their own narrow views.

What vgchartz does is amazing and ioi getting us this data every week is great but their is no argument amongst any corporation, organization or knowledgeable individual that NPD's data for the United States is far far more accurate than vgchartz, especially on months like this that have such massive fluctuations in sales. NPD has massive resources when it comes to gathering data and vgchartz as of today simply can not compete with them.

Go back and look at last month when the PS3 was undertracked at vgchartz compared to NPD and see how quickly some members tunes have changed.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

How are we insane to think the 360 will win december? Did it not win November? Regardless of the $99 limited deal..

its not like it was $99 all over the U.S..

mM
Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Carl2291 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
psrock said:
Why is it so amazing the 360 could beat the PS3 in the US? if it wasn't for that whole BF thing, it was an easy prediction. What most are forgetting especially ps3 FANS, 710k for the PS3 in America, I don't think they've done that well ever.

PS3 is doing fine Leo, better than ever before.

well I have tried to explain this to him on his wall

it seems that he thinks the games library alone should make PS3 win & he thinks SONY doing so much hasn't paid off

but I'm seeing Ps3 sales up YOY by over 100%, so SONY did something right somewhere & effects have taken place

I also tried

Hard to really combat something in its best territory, $100 cheaper... With the biggest SW launch of all time

Well I wrote more than you so you didn't try hard enough or you didn't have the skills to

my conclusion from this?

Dogs > Whales

Merry Fishmas!

Flying Sharks > Dogs > Whales.

That is all.

Gobias said:
If you think 360 is gonna win December you're insane.

No MW2 bundles, No MW2 launch, No $99 360.

It won't even be close.

lol

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Regardless of how well the 360 does in the US during December, PS3 should still triumph overall when we examine the total Americas figures.

I forgot we are still in a so called "recession"

this makes PS3's up YOY & 360's stable YOY sales seem extremely impressive to me

not to mention DS sales

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Mendicate Bias said:
Don't you love how people disregard data so quickly if it opposes their own narrow views.

What vgchartz does is amazing and ioi getting us this data every week is great but their is no argument amongst any corporation, organization or knowledgeable individual that NPD's data for the United States is far far more accurate than vgchartz, especially on months like this that have such massive fluctuations in sales. NPD has massive resources when it comes to gathering data and vgchartz as of today simply can not compete with them.

Go back and look at last month when the PS3 was undertracked at vgchartz compared to NPD and see how quickly some members tunes have changed.

QUOTE OF THE YEAR!!!!

Perfect description of the fanboy mentality on all sides.