By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official Nov. 2009 NPD Thread Data covers Nov 1-28 comes @ 6:30 PM EST

Seece said:
darthdevidem01 said:
carl, kowenicki & seece

take your fight somewhere else & keep this thread clean, you know you can multi PM eachother & chat on IM now

No fight here! Just had to reply to Carl's LOL post

Just pointing out the facts

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Soriku said:
TheThunder said:
Oh just remembered. Reggie is probably preparing to eat some crow come January

Why? Here's his quote:

“Modern Warfare 2 is on two platforms. On a single platform, absolutely. I say that unequivocally. On one particular platform, I do believe so. You’ve got to give me the entire holiday selling season, so let’s take it all the way through the January NPD data. It’s going to be close. Modern Warfare is a a great title. As a gamer, I look forward to it. The new Modern Warfare, I think is going to be a fantastic title. Not to discount it, it will sell well. Of course I’ll play it. I play all the content out there.”

It'll outsell MW2 PS3 in the US.

Just accept the fact that Reggie was totally being cocky, went out of his way to make this prediction, put everything on the line on his being right, and will now get to have it rubbed in his face for the rest of eternity.

I honestly think he could still be right. Not likely, but also not the open and shut case everyone seems to think it is.

Gobias said:
Or maybe ioi is happy with his estimate of Walmart figures and therefore sees no reason to change his numbers at all?

After all, NPD is just estimating Walmart too.

Yeah but it also goes the other way. Vgc could be wrong in both black friday and total sales. People assume that there must be something wrong with the NPD numbers when it does not go the way they hoped/planned. If the numbers were released lets say Wii, 1.1m, 360 600k and PS3 say 900k, people would not question it.

Personally i think its like that guy on gaf said, maybe people got caught up in the ps3 momentum and assumed because it had been doing so well that it would continue to do well. While the 360 had sort of declined by about 30% or so, so assume that decrease must continue.

A 25k a week difference is pretty huge.

samus aran rules said:
The margin between DS and PSP is epic! 1,7 million vs 294,000, that´s a difference in favor of DS at almost 1,4 million. Has DS ever owned PSP to such a large degree? I think it´s probably time for the PSP2 to be released next year.

Sony needs to move heaven and earth to get PSP2 (w/MH3P) really for next fall.  It's almost like a dead platform at this point.

psrock said:
Why is it so amazing the 360 could beat the PS3 in the US? if it wasn't for that whole BF thing, it was an easy prediction. What most are forgetting especially ps3 FANS, 710k for the PS3 in America, I don't think they've done that well ever.

PS3 is doing fine Leo, better than ever before.

well I have tried to explain this to him on his wall

it seems that he thinks the games library alone should make PS3 win & he thinks SONY doing so much hasn't paid off

but I'm seeing Ps3 sales up YOY by over 100%, so SONY did something right somewhere & effects have taken place

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Dec. NPD will be another interesting numbers if 360 can outsell the PS3 on the biggest holiday season then USA is a lost cause for the PS3.

Soriku said:
TheThunder said:
Soriku said:
TheThunder said:
Oh just remembered. Reggie is probably preparing to eat some crow come January

Why? Here's his quote:

“Modern Warfare 2 is on two platforms. On a single platform, absolutely. I say that unequivocally. On one particular platform, I do believe so. You’ve got to give me the entire holiday selling season, so let’s take it all the way through the January NPD data. It’s going to be close. Modern Warfare is a a great title. As a gamer, I look forward to it. The new Modern Warfare, I think is going to be a fantastic title. Not to discount it, it will sell well. Of course I’ll play it. I play all the content out there.”

It'll outsell MW2 PS3 in the US.

How about a video ?

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/77?ch=1&sd=0
Geoff or whatever his name is mentions the 360 Twice and Reggie agrees both times. Let's not back peddle just yet ;)

Huh? The quote I posted is from the vid. Reggie says one particular platform but Geoff moved the goalposts to the 360. Listen to it again.

He says 360 TWICE and Reggie replies I DO BELIEVE SO

Clear enough ?

but it's so typical for console warriors here to spin spin spiiiiiiiin

NPD dropped the balls on this one, VGC said the PS3 sold better = P

darthdevidem01 said:
psrock said:
Why is it so amazing the 360 could beat the PS3 in the US? if it wasn't for that whole BF thing, it was an easy prediction. What most are forgetting especially ps3 FANS, 710k for the PS3 in America, I don't think they've done that well ever.

PS3 is doing fine Leo, better than ever before.

well I have tried to explain this to him on his wall

it seems that he thinks the games library alone should make PS3 win & he thinks SONY doing so much hasn't paid off

but I'm seeing Ps3 sales up YOY by over 100%, so SONY did something right somewhere & effects have taken place

I also tried

Hard to really combat something in its best territory, $100 cheaper... With the biggest SW launch of all time

Inigo13 said:
noname2200 said:

Just accept the fact that Reggie was totally being cocky, went out of his way to make this prediction, put everything on the line on his being right, and will now get to have it rubbed in his face for the rest of eternity.

I honestly think he could still be right. Not likely, but also not the open and shut case everyone seems to think it is.

Maybe, maybe not. My point is I really don't think he cares much about his "prediction," judging from how it was extracted out of him. That makes me amused that some folks are so delighted that he's going to be wrong. Which, in fairness, he still may be. Call of Duty games have pretty damned good legs recently.