By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which of the "HD Twins" should santa bring me this Christmas?

I don't really think Ps3 online is as bad as some say. Yeah, it's not as good as a pay service in terms of servers...but I think the real thing that it's missing sometimes is user-base, and that's because most people think...Online=360

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

Around the Network
coolbeans said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
dsister44 said:
I say go for the 360. You said that you do not care for online. So you also really won't need a hard drive. It also has the exclusive GTA4 DLC, and it is going to get two Fables this gen

lol that was funny, sorry dude but that had fail all over it

'you dont care for online' 'wont need a hard drive' so you said this THEN: 'it also has exclusive GTA4 DLC' he would need a hard drive and online to get it! 

(you said DLC not disk based) 

sorry mate but had to point it out

Haven't you heard? The DLC is now also disk-based.  You don't need a harddrive to play Episodes of Liberty City since it's on a standalone disc so there is no fail to be found in that regard. 

If you're trying to call out fail for the reasons he lists WHY he believes he should get a 360, then I guess opinions different from yours are wrong.

nope, just pointing this out

and yes i think he should get a PS3 but fair enough if he gets a 360 but he needs the Elite as in time he will need that space and if he gets into DLC over time ect

think please 

Vanbierk said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
o someone else already pointed out your Fail

Shh....or the gnomes will get you

lol 

wick said:
I don't mind playing online but I'm more a fan of epic single player games. How does Live work? Do you pay more the more you play? How much is it?

I saw this post...

Without doubt, the best single player experience this gen is Uncharted 2.

Valkyria Chronicles is my fave RPG this gen, despite owning/beating Fallout 3, Oblivion, Fable 2, Lost Odyssey and Mass Effect...

God of War 3 aint too far away, neither are Heavy Rain or Gran Turismo 5.

The online is free, and of awesome quality... Incase you DO wish to get into some online gaming.

I say go PS3.

Go to Best Buy or some other retailer and get a feel for which console you like better. All you're gonna get here is people arguing for their console and discretely trying to bash the other console. IF you are an RPG fan then the 360 is the way to go. I see you're a big fan of Fable so obviously you know which console has that and Fable III is on the way.
On the other hand you are a fan of some Sony games. This isn't going to be an easy choice for you.
Xbox Live is $50 a year if you go through Live to purchase it. If you spend 5 minutes of your time looking online you can find full year memberships as low as $35. I don't think that is a deal breaker to you from what I've read.
Also you might be under the misconception that Xbox Live always costs money. Out of the box you will have the access to a Silver account which lets you acces plenty of Live features for free.
So I think this argument comes down to exclusives. I'm not gonna type out a list for you but look up exclusives for both systems and figure out which ones you like best. Both systems have awesome lineups and are pretty equal.
Have fun deciding! Getting a new console is always fun.

Around the Network
wick said:
I just did some quick research on Mass Effect. Looks pretty good. I know that F1 2010 is coming out on both consoles so that doesn't help, but I wasn't aware there was a Fable 3 in the making.

Over here in Aus an Xbox360 is almost half the price of a PS3. How much extra stuff would I need to get? Eg. Cables, Wi-fi...

Oh and what's the deal with the arcade? Would it matter not having a HDD if I'm only using it for games.

Sorry if these questions sound stupid but the thing I always loved about consoles was the fact you just plug them in and play them. Things are a lot more complicated these days haha.

Mass Effect is amazing. I bought the 360 as a non-RPG fan, but Mass Effect was by best purchase, IMO. And made by the same company at KOTOR, so I'm sure you'll love it too.

Based on your tastes, it seems the 360 would be your best bet. And if you're planning to get a 360, you'll need to buy wifi seperate (unless you want a wired connection.) If you're getting an elite, it'll come with the cables you need, I believe. I recommend getting an Elite during sales around this time of year - having a HD lets you buy DLC online, as well as download demos - some of which have quite a bit of content. And the ability to download movies and shows can come in very handy.

Vanbierk said:
I don't really think Ps3 online is as bad as some say. Yeah, it's not as good as a pay service in terms of servers...but I think the real thing that it's missing sometimes is user-base, and that's because most people think...Online=360

It isn't as bad as some people say. It is a just a bit slow for my taste

Your girlfriend is a gamer, the best system for coop between the two is the Xbox 360 by far.

The Xbox 360 has Gears of War 1, 2 + Halo 3 + Halo ODST + Fable 2 (not as good coop but it has it) as some of the most notable exclusive coop games whereas the PS3 really doesn't have as many excellent split screen games, off the top of my head really its just Little Big Planet which comes to mind.

Also you can lose yourself for hours just trying out all the demos of the different games on Xbox Live. Furthermore there are some excellent games like Psychonaughts, Halo CE, The longest Journey, KOTOR (I think), Fable 1 etc in their games on demand.

Tease.

IF $Purchaser = Movie Nut then call function BUY (PS3)
ELSE call function BUY (XBOX 360)

PlaystaionGamer said:
dsister44 said:
I say go for the 360. You said that you do not care for online. So you also really won't need a hard drive. It also has the exclusive GTA4 DLC, and it is going to get two Fables this gen

lol that was funny, sorry dude but that had fail all over it

'you dont care for online' 'wont need a hard drive' so you said this THEN: 'it also has exclusive GTA4 DLC' he would need a hard drive and online to get it!

(you said DLC not disk based)

sorry mate but had to point it out

I would probably be banned if I say what on my mind about you PSgamer......but just to let you know its really hard to keep it in.

VGC just keeps getting better and better......

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!