By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which of the "HD Twins" should santa bring me this Christmas?

PS3 has games for a wider variety of gamers

Around the Network

The top 5 PS3 exclusives are really hard to do. I mean it's so dependant on the gamer. I mean I love inFAMOUS others disliked it. I say R2

PSN ID: KingFate_

Are you really sure you will only use it for gaming?

As a multimedia machine the PS3 is AWESOME. And if you buy an hdtv, you'll want BluRay VERY soon. Remember for your weekend BR wont really be appreciated on a SDTV.

What i cannot agree is that ps3 is the cheapest system. From a hardware, features, live, etc... price it is correct.
But from a software point of view, the amount of software you'll want to buy is massive, making you poorer

You say epic single player campaigns ? PS3 is the way to go.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

amp316 said:
wick said:
amp316 said:
Your girlfriend is buying you a video game system for Christmas? Perhaps you should marry her.

Be careful with all of this posting Wick. You'll be at 0.25 posts a day before you know it.

Haha now if she bought me both I might have to slip a ring on the finger but I'm not sure she'd accept someone with a 0.25 average

I can see where she'd be coming from.  Anything over one quarter of a post a day is taking way too much time from her.

On topic.  I am the same as you being a Wii owner and if my lady told me that she was thinking about giving me a system that I didn't have for Christmas, I'd have to ask her to get me a Vectrex.  The Vectrex does what the Virtual Boy don't.

Wait............. There's something the Virtual Boy doesn't do? But, but.......... It's 3D! And all in glorious red!!

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Domicinator said:
wick said:
Procrastinato said:

Just fyi: F1 is published by Sony. You're not going to see it on the 360, to my knowledge.

There's been a F1 release for the PS3, it just didn't make a huge splash. Most people thought it was "too technical", and thus didn't appeal to the typical gamer.

F1 is also outrageously expensive and hard to find, even used, because it was only printed in small numbers, I think.  Look for "F1 PS3" on Amazon (or whereever), and you'll see what I mean.

Sony lost the rights to the F1 games hence me playing F1 2009 on my Wii for the last few weeks. Codemasters is developing the games now and F1 2010 will be on both the 360 and PS3.

Thanks for all the info guys. I think I'm just going to have to hire both systems before christams and see which games I enjoy the most.

A quick list of the 5 best exclusives for each would help. I will be playing Mass Effect due to my love of KOTOR and I'll try Uncharted 2 because I hear that it's awesome.

Any other recomendations apart from Halo, MGS4 and LBP?

Killzone 2.  This is a very under rated that even I crapped all over until I actually dug in and tried it.  Once I started, I couldn't put it down.  This is the first shooter I have ever played on the consoles that feels like it was actually designed for a controller and not a mouse and keyboard.

Once again, we agree!

right?! this guy is on a role =p

If you're serious about renting each console, I say try out these games on each platform (sans Halo and Metal Gear, though ODST and MGS4 are excellent games):

360:

Mass Effect
Fable II
Gears of War 2 (if you like it, get the first!)
Forza 3
Lost Odyssey

PS3:

Uncharted 2 (if you like it, get the first!)
LittleBigPlanet (give it another shot - play it with the GF, it's an amazing multiplayer game)
Killzone 2
Valkyria Chronicles
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

And if you can track down the God of War III demo, give it a go.

I'd also recommend Demon's Souls (my GotY), but sadly you Euros seem to have been passed over on that one. =/

i say get a ps3, uncharted series is the best series this gen by far , also psn games have come a long way since the ps3 launched back in nov 2006. also u can charge your controller from your ps3, so no charge cable needed, has wifi,can play all ps1 games,can upgrade your hdd with ease and tons of movie and gaming content to download for the both of u to enjoy. also bioware is making a star wars mmorpg and its rumored to be coming to both systems. plus as of right now ff14:online is coming to the ps3 late 2010. also i say get a 360 arcade if u can sometime next year, because the selection of games and content is truly impressive to behold.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

PDF said:

I only own the PS3 and am not going to try to sound unbias because I am.
I love my ps3 and am very happy with my purchase and would make the same choice over again.

However you may be happier with the 360. It is simple for me. The 360 has a very small catalog that interest me while the PS3 is larger. I have been with sony since the PS1 and i trust them to deliver quality and most the time they do.(albeit a little slow some times)

360:
+better online (though I think its debatable)
+ Cheaper (this is could be a big one if its important to you)
+ MS fights for DLC more. (PS3 will eventually get it just has to wait)
- Online cost money ( this is also important to look at if you plan to play online)

Now I am not going to present point for the ps3 because for me it all comes to games and the service of quality ive gotten over the years from sony and the playstation brand.

In the end games> features.   So go with what has more games that interest you

hope i helped

That's what I'm thinking. I'm going to let the games decide.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

Well just a quick update to let everyone know I am now a 360 owner and got a nice bonus of Mass Effect.

Thanks for all the info, it was a great help.