By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which of the "HD Twins" should santa bring me this Christmas?

Really, I would try and test out the exclusives, I mean both offer great games. Although, if you want to share an experience with your girlfriend PS3 is great, there is LBP, Flower, and PS Home is very popular with the girlfriends of the guys who own ps3. A guy I know had his PS3 utterly taken over by his wife because she loves Home.

If you are a fan of unique games, you should look into Flower on PSN, Heavy Rain is also coming out which is promising a brand new feel on gaming, last and certainly not least PS3 has Valkryia Chronicles.

Could anyone suggests any games that are targeted to both genders and non gamers on the 360? I am not very up to date on them.

PSN ID: KingFate_

Around the Network

yes but you have to add 100 Dollar (Aus Dollar) for Wifi, most people dont like 20meter cable across the house and not a lot people have built in LAN access in every room. Plus 50 Dollar for first year of Live so its 500 Dollar vs 550 Dollar so there is no real price difference if you use online multiplayer just ONE year. In the End you could have spend maybe 650 Dollars (400 Dollar for Console 100 Dollar for Wifi plus 150 Dollar for 3 years live.

Price is a thing which is PRO PS3.

And you should not forget that in 2-3 years blurays cost as much as DVDs Today and you would have bluray already. Noone can say he wouldnt buy much better visual quality for the SAME amount of money.

Its a good thing to test the consoles to know which one suits you.

KingFate said:
Really, I would try and test out the exclusives, I mean both offer great games. Although, if you want to share an experience with your girlfriend PS3 is great, there is LBP, Flower, and PS Home is very popular with the girlfriends of the guys who own ps3. A guy I know had his PS3 utterly taken over by his wife because she loves Home.

If you are a fan of unique games, you should look into Flower on PSN, Heavy Rain is also coming out which is promising a brand new feel on gaming, last and certainly not least PS3 has Valkryia Chronicles.

Could anyone suggests any games that are targeted to both genders and non gamers on the 360? I am not very up to date on them.

Actually my girlfriend is more into core games than casual. Her favorite game ever is RE4:Wii Edition. I had to drag her off the Wii every night till she finished it.

I'll definately try a few exclusives from both systems before I make a choice though.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Then you sir are a lucky man, not only is she into casual games she is getting you a console. Put a ring on that finger now.

PSN ID: KingFate_

ps3!! for many reasons im too lazy to say lol

Around the Network
Steroid said:
Just so you know as I own both I can tell you straight up, Fable 2 is trash compared to Demon's Souls.

Yep I own both consoles and both games.

Is that why you're constantly trolling the 360?  At least have the balls to not hide behind a lame attempt at being unbiased and stop wasting the time of anyone not aware of that fact.

It's been 3 years and you still don't know which one you prefer?

Well I'll say PS3, the failure rate is much lower.

Legend11 said:
Steroid said:
Just so you know as I own both I can tell you straight up, Fable 2 is trash compared to Demon's Souls.

Yep I own both consoles and both games.

Is that why you're constantly trolling the 360?  At least have the balls to not hide behind a lame attempt at being unbiased and stop wasting the time of anyone not aware of that fact.

Nah man chill, I'm just letting him know because he likes Zelda type action adventures and in that regard Demon Souls is in fact way better then Fable 2. But on the flip side the 360 has Mass Effect and a bunch of other solid games.

My advice OP is to get both. Let your girl get you the PS3 and then later go get yourself a 360 arcade for cheap. This way you can do online gaming for free on your PS3 but still have the 360 for the awsome exclusives.

Can't afford both? Then PS3 takes the edge a lil bit imo.

I say go for the 360. You said that you do not care for online. So you also really won't need a hard drive. It also has the exclusive GTA4 DLC, and it is going to get two Fables this gen

Again with that question....

The only fair answer you can have is always the same : Make a list of the game you like/want.

Don't fall for the rest...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.