By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which of the "HD Twins" should santa bring me this Christmas?

Just so you know as I own both I can tell you straight up, Fable 2 is trash compared to Demon's Souls.

Yep I own both consoles and both games.

Around the Network

I might have to have a weekend each where I hire both consoles and 5 of their best exclusives.

That or I'll flip a coin I guess.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

It really is a hard choice between the two now...I'm a Ps3 owner, I've got 3 at home...Wouldn't trade a single one for a 360, not because I have something Against the 360, I just love the exclusive games on the Ps3...I would've bought a Ps3 Just for Uncharted and Motorstorm: Pacific Rift....If you are going to be testing games, make sure you toss those in your testing.

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

" Star Wars KOTOR 1+2, Fable, Timesplitters 1+2, The F1 games, Star Wars Battlefront, Grand Theft Auto."

Ok lets see

KOTOR was made by Bioware whom released Mass Effect 1 + 2 (soon) on Xbox 360.

Fable 2 is out, Fable 3 next year

F1 games = no idea sorry

Star wars = no idea sorry

Timesplitters = the Xbox 360 has the best lineup of exclusive shooter/western rpg content.

Xbox 360 GTA IV has two exclusive episodes and higher framerate (which is a killer in this game)

Xbox Live is the best online service this generation and its fully integrated into every game. It has lower latency connections (my personal experience vs PSN playing people in Europe from New Zealand), it has better matchmaking, its more stable, its moderated to prevent cheaters/lamers ruining your games, all games have demos on that fantastic Xbox Live service whilst on PSN its a crapshoot, also you DONT HAVE ANNOYING LONG AND SLOW UPDATES more than once a month almost PMS like clockwork.

Also Xbox 360s are cheaper in Australia vs the PS3. You can grab an Xbox 360 Elite + 2-3 great games for the price of a PS3. The price of Live is worth it if you want to play online and since you don't want Blu Ray and like the Xbox 360 games it does make it seem like a more compelling choice.

Tease.

I just did some quick research on Mass Effect. Looks pretty good. I know that F1 2010 is coming out on both consoles so that doesn't help, but I wasn't aware there was a Fable 3 in the making.

Over here in Aus an Xbox360 is almost half the price of a PS3. How much extra stuff would I need to get? Eg. Cables, Wi-fi...

Oh and what's the deal with the arcade? Would it matter not having a HDD if I'm only using it for games.

Sorry if these questions sound stupid but the thing I always loved about consoles was the fact you just plug them in and play them. Things are a lot more complicated these days haha.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

Around the Network

you have a very nice girl friend ^^

as for the console decision .. well, you haven't really bought any of the big sony exclusives for your PS2, so I guess you aren't interested in their sequels

only for multiplat games the 360 could be the better choice

exclusive game you could try for PS3 are: Demon's Souls (not released in AUS), Valkyria Chronicles, Everybody's Golf (i like it very much :) ), Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank Future (Tools of Destruction is the first in that series - there are 2 more tiles released already, all for PS3)

upcoming exclusives: Heavy Rain, The Last Guardian, Modnation Racers, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Yakuza 3 (maybe?hopefully?)

exclusive 360 games that might interest you (list may be incomplete - I have don't have a 360): Fable 2, Mass Effect, Gears of War (possibly banned in AUS), Kameo , Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

upcoming exclusives: Fable 3, Mass Effect 2, Alan Wake,

edit: all titles linked - have a look at some of the videos and decide for yourself

Last gen I mostly used my PS2 for the F1 games so I'm not really familiar with their exclusives. I didn't like the Metal Gear games though.

Uncharted looks good, but I think I'm leaning towards the 360 at this stage just because of Fable and I had forgotten about Rare. I loved Banjo on the N64 and Perfect Dark.

Thanks for all the info though.

wick did you play PS2 SWBF2 online? in the PAL region?

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Chose the system where you like the most games. make a list.

Wifi is extra for Xbox about 90 Dollar. I would not recommend buying a Arcade. The harddrive is very useful and can reduce loading times plus you can download Demos and Movies (you should download them if you pay your 50 Dollar fee per year. A hardrive is extreme expensive for Xbox. It cost a redicolous amount of money. a 20gb HD costs 120 Dollar in and a 120gb HD costs 200 Dollar. So if I would buy an Xbox I would buy definetly the Elite because the Arcade is just a rip off if you want to have the full features of your console. But still you would need a Wifi Adaptor for your elite. Cables you just need an HDMI Cable for 15 Dollars.

I doubt that the PS3 is more expensive in Australia then the Xbox if you use Online playing and the harddrive and wifi. The minimum cost for an Xbox360 is Elite Price plus Wifi plus 1 year Live.

I would choose the Xbox if you like more of the upcoming exclusives on it. But you should know one thing.In the end the Xbox will cost you a lot more then the PS3. If your girlfriend buys you an arcade you WILL spend atleast the same amount of money for it because you want more and more and more once you get used to the features you will probably use them all.

If you get the PS3 you have an all in one box and you just have to purchase an HDMI Cable.

I wouldnt make my decision based on ONE Franchise. You should write down all games you like on both consoles give points for every game and then count the points of PS3 and Xbox360 games together and which console got more points you should buy. If the points are similar or the same on both consoles you should choose the PS3.

Oh you do have an HD TV ?

There is almost a full generation between Xbox360 Arcade gaming with no online on a CRT SD TV. And a PS3/Xbox360 Elite gaming on a Full HD with HD content (music movies games) and multiplayer online. Because this are the strengths of both consoles.

Netyaroze said:
Chose the system where you like the most games. make a list.

Wifi is extra for Xbox about 90 Dollar. I would not recommend buying a Arcade. The harddrive is very useful and can reduce loading times plus you can download Demos and Movies (you should download them if you pay your 50 Dollar fee per year. A hardrive is extreme expensive for Xbox. It cost a redicolous amount of money. a 20gb HD costs 120 Dollar in and a 120gb HD costs 200 Dollar. So if I would buy an Xbox I would buy definetly the Elite because the Arcade is just a rip off if you want to have the full features of your console. But still you would need a Wifi Adaptor for your elite. Cables you just need an HDMI Cable for 15 Dollars.

I doubt that the PS3 is more expensive in Australia then the Xbox if you use Online playing and the harddrive and wifi. The minimum cost for an Xbox360 is Elite Price plus Wifi plus 1 year Live.

I would choose the Xbox if you like more of the upcoming exclusives on it. But you should know one thing.In the end the Xbox will cost you a lot more then the PS3. If your girlfriend buys you an arcade you WILL spend atleast the same amount of money for it because you want more and more and more once you get used to the features you will probably use them all.

If you get the PS3 you have an all in one box and you just have to purchase an HDMI Cable.

I wouldnt make my decision based on ONE Franchise. You should write down all games you like on both consoles give points for every game and then count the points of PS3 and Xbox360 games together and which console got more points you should buy. If the points are similar or the same on both consoles you should choose the PS3.

Oh you do have an HD TV ?

There is almost a full generation between Xbox360 Arcade gaming with no online on a CRT SD TV. And a PS3/Xbox360 Elite gaming on a Full HD with HD content (music movies games) and multiplayer online. Because this are the strengths of both consoles.

No I don't have an HD TV at the moment but I'm planning on getting one early next year. I think I'm going to go with the hiring of each console option and see which games I enjoy most.

Over here I could get A PS3 pack with 2 games for $500 or a 360 Elite pack with 4 games for $400.