By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which of the "HD Twins" should santa bring me this Christmas?

wick said:
Ok so it sounds like the PS3 is better value out of the box but I might be interested in more of the 360 exclusives.

Does anyone know if there's a KOTOR 3 in the making because that could make my decision very easy.

currently no, well it hasn't been announced anyway! wish there would be

even if there is one it will be Multiplat as its third party

Exclusive Games:

the 360 has some good exclusives like Gears and Halo, other games are available to you already on PC like L4D 

the PS3 has a huge amount of exclusives and the biggist exclusive line up for next year! along with amazing games like Uncharted 1,2 . LittleBigPlanet, Motorstorm (so much fun), Infamous, Gran Turismo, Warhawk, Ratcet & Clank ect

you should also look at next years announced line up, its HUGE on PS3 with more still to come.

the games you said all are multi-plat so you might aswel go for PS3 as it has so so soo many exclusives to ad to your collection plus its the best value!

anyway hope that was helpful mate, took ages to write out haha, have fun with what ever you pick 

Around the Network

Just checked your game list.

If you enjoyed that car game for your ps2 you can get the sequel for the PS3 only.

Oh erm you like Fable. you can only get its sequel for the 360 only.

GTAIV and all the other games you mentioned are multiplat.

You dont like bluray so - point from PS3. You would pay for online so go ahead. The 360 is cheaper.

Me i prefer the PS3 because of the quality of the hardware. The bluray, free online and the exclusives. But from what you put i think maybe the 360 is better for you.

Isnt the other games you like

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Yeah thanks for the tips. I'll look into the upcoming releases and see what would suit me. I'm swaying from one to the other at the moment haha.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

wick said:
Yeah thanks for the tips. I'll look into the upcoming releases and see what would suit me. I'm swaying from one to the other at the moment haha.

lol yeh it is hard to pick, the reason im reping PS3 so high is because i had a 360 for a year before i got a PS3, and i was blown away by what the PS3 did over 360. the only thing i piss from 360 is Gears of War, but i also had it break twice in that time, so i will rep ps3 over 360 anyday

1 thing is though that almost all 360 exclusives are on PC so you basically already have a 360

wick said:
I don't mind playing online but I'm more a fan of epic single player games. How does Live work? Do you pay more the more you play? How much is it?

It costs about the price of a game per year. For example $50 in the US (though you may be able to find the cards cheaper at some retailers).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
PlaystaionGamer said:
wick said:

lol yeh it is hard to pick, the reason im reping PS3 so high is because i had a 360 for a year before i got a PS3, and i was blown away by what the PS3 did over 360. the only thing i piss from 360 is Gears of War, but i also had it break twice in that time, so i will rep ps3 over 360 anyday

1 thing is though that almost all 360 exclusives are on PC so you basically already have a 360

And thats the reason why i started to hate my 360 lol. Had it not been for fable 2. The 360 that is under my bed would have been bannished long ago. I owned a 360 got rid of it. Me mum got me a 360 again i said why you buy me that for. I just put it in a nice way i dont want to get banned.

Then Fable 2 came out just after and i kept it because i liked Fable 1. plus i'm keeping it now because Fable 3 is in the works. Aprart from that in my opinon the PS3 shits all over it.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Your girlfriend is buying you a video game system for Christmas? Perhaps you should marry her.

Be careful with all of this posting Wick. You'll be at 0.25 posts a day before you know it.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Good point about the PC games but my crappy laptop couldn't run snake without crashing. I don't know why I've got a PC symbol under my avatar. I'll have to go through my games list.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

X360. It's got Fable II & III and Alan Wake among other great games.

amp316 said:
Your girlfriend is buying you a video game system for Christmas? Perhaps you should marry her.

Be careful with all of this posting Wick. You'll be at 0.25 posts a day before you know it.

Haha now if she bought me both I might have to slip a ring on the finger but I'm not sure she'd accept someone with a 0.25 average