By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RUMOR: FF13 Gets 13/13/13/13 in Famitsu = HIGHEST SCORE EVER!

@ Chris

Indeed, but you cannot deny that if ONE game can approach 33% to 50% the sales of an entire SERIES which is 20+ games strong (I lost count) that it has more clout and hype behind it.

FF series has a lot of repeat buyers.  SC would not, unless it is due to broken discs or multi-play.  Then again, SC allowed spawning over LAN.

Again, I am not saying that FF13 is a bad game.  It will be good.  Just not 52 out of 40 good.  And IF THE ONLY THING that has Zen and others fired up about my post my SC2 score, then I think my point is made.

Back on topic... yay Famitsu, your journalistic integrity is awesome.

Around the Network
atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:
lestatdark said:
@CGI

I saw that thread xD Actually I followed it from the get go, things started heating up about 100 or so posts, but when Avinash started posting, then it all went down the drain :P

He wasn't the only one unfortunately. Either way, I have a feeling that this will be the biggest JRPG release in a long time, certainly for the gen. It's bound to have it's sahre of naysayers.

It's like what was said when Killzone 2 received the mountain of distaste it received, if you're "hated" that much, you must be doing something right.

After Pokemon and DQIX of course.

since when was pokemon a JRPG lmao??

to me Pokemon IS its own genre haha

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

What...

The...

Fuck?...

atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:
lestatdark said:
@CGI

I saw that thread xD Actually I followed it from the get go, things started heating up about 100 or so posts, but when Avinash started posting, then it all went down the drain :P

He wasn't the only one unfortunately. Either way, I have a feeling that this will be the biggest JRPG release in a long time, certainly for the gen. It's bound to have it's sahre of naysayers.

It's like what was said when Killzone 2 received the mountain of distaste it received, if you're "hated" that much, you must be doing something right.

After Pokemon and DQIX of course.

Pokemon agreed

DQIX -- ROFLMAO

unless your talking about Japan

FF > DQ everywhere

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@g-value

OK, once and for all.

FF13 will undoubtably be a good game!  BUT NO GAME DESERVES A SCORE ABOVE THE HIGHEST STANDARDIZED SCORE IN THE RUBRIC.  I do not have to have played FF13 to know that such a score is an indication of LOW credibility, over-excitement and a BROKEN scoring system. 

I disagreed with Uncharted 2 scoring above maximum too, and I love that game.  I couldn't wait till X-mas to play it.

Oh my... now I need to chill out.

On topic... yay Famitsu, your scoring techniques are beyond compare. 

EDITED FOR CLARITY OF RECEIVER

Around the Network

Well I thought this would be just way too stupid, but Machina mentioned something that makes sense. If they gave the game a 13 jokingly and then said "but seriously it's a 40/40" then it would be semi ok. I still think it's a good way to hurt your credibility as a reviewer.

@Atma

Well, you're correct about Pokemon, but nothing can touch the sales of pokemon other than the Mario franchise.

About DQIX, Final Fantasy XIII will inevitable be above it's sales, due to the difference in popularity on the western market.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Torillian said:
Well I thought this would be just way too stupid, but Machina mentioned something that makes sense. If they gave the game a 13 jokingly and then said "but seriously it's a 40/40" then it would be semi ok. I still think it's a good way to hurt your credibility as a reviewer.

Yes theyw ill probably do that

but I thinkt hey will say if any game deserves a 41/40 its FF13

This is the game of the generation for many of us people torillian!!!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Torillian said:

Yes.

Xen said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Torillian said:

Yes.

Until Final Fantasy Versus 13. Then everybody will forget about Final Fantasy 13.