By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RUMOR: FF13 Gets 13/13/13/13 in Famitsu = HIGHEST SCORE EVER!

@ChrisIsNotSexy

It's true that as a whole series, Final Fantasy is bigger than Starcraft, but never forget the power of Starcraft. It's the only game that's played as a National Sport, the only one xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

LOL Darth, you make me laugh.

If this is true, Famitsu will look ridiculous and completely lacking of credibility this generation.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Crazymann said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Crazymann said:
Hmmmm,

If this is true, then Famitsu has lost their last shred of integrity and all of the journalistic respect I had for them. Let's bow down to the masses and fan the hype.

If this nonsense is to be believed, then Starcraft 2 deserves a 80/40 when it is released (by comparison).

How the hell do you know what Starcraft 2 deserves?

Well, for one thing, Famitsu is just giving into the hype (see my above statement), and SC2 has more hype than FFXIII will ever have.  Ergo, it deserves a higher score - just for fan service.  For another, we have first hand reports of people who have played it - who are (sorry) just as valid as "professional reviewers" who would give a game a 52 out of 40.  52 out of 40!  In the words of the late great George Carlin, "DOESN'T THIS VIOLATE SOME FUNDAMENTAL LAW OF PHYSICS?"* 

BASED ON WHAT IS KNOWN, if FFXIII deserves 52 then SC2 deserves 80.  My point stands.  Frankly, I don't think ANY game should get perfect scores.  This is merely extrapolation from an already flawed system.

FFXIII will be good, but is it worth selling out your journalistic integrity for?  I think not.  Furthermore, your tone is angry, condescending and you need to chill out.

For the record, I am not bitter about FFXIII going multiplat, I am happy about it.  Also for the record, I am not excited about FFXIII because I grow tired of the battle systems.  Real-time or pseudo real time (Dragon Age) is my preferred style.  I AM excited for Versus, but I assure you it has NOTHING to do with the fact that it is PS3 exclusive.

I don't even own a 360, but I defend it  and MS against unwarrented attacks on this site.

Off Topic - YAY, different colors for responses.  Great job VGC web team.

Have a very plesant day.

*  Or at least mathematics  

EDITED FOR IMPROPER VOWEL USAGE.

But FFXIII is like a real-time turn based battle system.

Bigger how?

* In sales, the only FF that approaches SC is 7. And that doesn't count the pirated copies of SC. In reality, USAGE of SC is 30 million easily.

* In terms of hype, they practically had a national day of celebration in Korea when SC2 was announed.

* In terms of longevity? Please name one single FF game that has maintained its CULTURAL relevancy and daily usage as much as SC for THIS LONG.

* In terms of opinion? Yes, you are correct. It is bigger to you than SC2.

In conclusion, why are we fighting about this? This isn't even on topic. My point was that FF13 does not deserve a 52 - NO GAME DOES.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Xen said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
This damn well better be fake.

It damn well better be true. Even if Famitsu is not credible (and they aren't), that already means that this game is something extraordinary.

But hey, it's the team that made FFX and Masashi Hamazu. Game of the Generation guaranteed.

I don't care if the game is fantastic. That's no reason to make a stupid ploy like this. If it's fantastic, give it 4 10s. If this is true I'm going to be seriously pissed off.

I second this. I expect FFXIII to get 40/40 and I won't complain about it. Even if it "only" gets a 40/40 there will be complains about Famitsu spewing out perfect scores though...but not from me.

But to give a game a score over the maximum is just stupid. There's no reason for it other than to be funny, but if the review is made to look funny then how the heck can I take it seriously? The reason for the "13" would be obvious but at the same time would make me think about why it didn't deserve a 14/10. If a game got such a score then I would expect it to be so good that the amount of flaws would be negative, it's so good that it infects other games and eliminates flaws from them (would be totally awsome).

Now, FFXIII may be better than any other 40/40 game. But that doesn't mean you have to break the system, it just means that the bar for future titles needs to be raised and thus making it difficult for them to get a perfect score as well. There's no reason whatsoever to break the system, and if the scores are nothing but a number you can toy with whenever you want it, I'd prefer them to just get rid of them.

Around the Network

I hope it does happen, the backlash will be monumental, helping to de-legitimize the idea of review scores further.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Crazymann said:
Bigger how?

* In sales, the only FF that approaches SC is 7. And that doesn't count the pirated copies of SC. In reality, USAGE of SC is 30 million easily.

* In terms of hype, they practically had a national day of celebration in Korea when SC2 was announed.

* In terms of longevity? Please name one single FF game that has maintained its CULTURAL relevancy and daily usage as much as SC for THIS LONG.

* In terms of opinion? Yes, you are correct. It is bigger to you than SC2.

In conclusion, why are we fighting about this? This isn't even on topic. My point was that FF13 does not deserve a 52 - NO GAME DOES.

Im talking about the whole franchise that sold about 90 million copies...

g-value said:
Crazymann said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Crazymann said:
Hmmmm,

If this is true, then Famitsu has lost their last shred of integrity and all of the journalistic respect I had for them. Let's bow down to the masses and fan the hype.

If this nonsense is to be believed, then Starcraft 2 deserves a 80/40 when it is released (by comparison).

Well, for one thing, Famitsu is just giving into the hype (see my above statement), and SC2 has more hype than FFXIII will ever have.  Ergo, it deserves a higher score - just for fan service.  For another, we have first hand reports of people who have played it - who are (sorry) just as valid as "professional reviewers" who would give a game a 52 out of 40.  52 out of 40!  In the words of the late great George Carlin, "DOESN'T THIS VIOLATE SOME FUNDAMENTAL LAW OF PHYSICS?"* 

BASED ON WHAT IS KNOWN, if FFXIII deserves 52 then SC2 deserves 80.  My point stands.  Frankly, I don't think ANY game should get perfect scores.  This is merely extrapolation from an already flawed system.

FFXIII will be good, but is it worth selling out your journalistic integrity for?  I think not.  Furthermore, your tone is angry, condescending and you need to chill out.

For the record, I am not bitter about FFXIII going multiplat, I am happy about it.  Also for the record, I am not excited about FFXIII because I grow tired of the battle systems.  Real-time or pseudo real time (Dragon Age) is my preferred style.  I AM excited for Versus, but I assure you it has NOTHING to do with the fact that it is PS3 exclusive.

I don't even own a 360, but I defend it  and MS against unwarrented attacks on this site.

Have a very plesant day.

Well, once I play it, I might like the battle system.  I will be giving it a chance.  Remember that my arguement is not that FF13 won't be good, but that it doesn't deserve that score.  From what I know, Versus will be more to my liking.  Maybe 13 will be a lucky number.

CGI-Quality said:
lestatdark said:
@CGI

I saw that thread xD Actually I followed it from the get go, things started heating up about 100 or so posts, but when Avinash started posting, then it all went down the drain :P

He wasn't the only one unfortunately. Either way, I have a feeling that this will be the biggest JRPG release in a long time, certainly for the gen. It's bound to have it's sahre of naysayers.

It's like what was said when Killzone 2 received the mountain of distaste it received, if you're "hated" that much, you must be doing something right.

After Pokemon and DQIX of course.

Crazymann said:
g-value said:
Crazymann said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Crazymann said:
Hmmmm,

Have a very plesant day.

Well, once I play it, I might like the battle system.  I will be giving it a chance.  Remember that my arguement is not that FF13 won't be good, but that it doesn't deserve that score.  From what I know, Versus will be more to my liking.  Maybe 13 will be a lucky number.

But how do you know FF13 doesn't deserve that score if you've never played it before? For all we know, it could end up being the greatest jrpg of all time (after Xenogears). We don't know.