By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RUMOR: FF13 Gets 13/13/13/13 in Famitsu = HIGHEST SCORE EVER!

@CGI

I saw that thread xD Actually I followed it from the get go, things started heating up about 100 or so posts, but when Avinash started posting, then it all went down the drain :P

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:

What was wrong with that score? FFXII is one of the best FF's, at least in my opinion.

Edit - @Darth

It's like we've been saying all along, there's going to be so much hate in this forum. Just wait until the usual vocal group rises against FFXIII, things will be unbearable.

Alas, the pettyness has already begun, with people complaining about everything and anything FFXIII related. Next will be "They changed the colour of damage numbers from white to yellow?? No more FFXIII for me!"

my friend who isn't an FF fan, in fact he's never bought an FF gam,e (but will be buying FF13.....I mean he's my best friend, he will have to) actually has heard FF fans are very volatile & actually joked with me once that "I bet people will abandon FF13 if they change the menu colours from blue to some other colouR"

little did I know after the box art & leona lewis debacle, he would be quite correct!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

It should get 13-7-13-7, because that adds up to 40, and also FF7 REMAKE CONFIRMED!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

@Darth

Your friend doesn't know how awesome he was with that prediction xD He's true, there is a group of FF fans that are extremely volatile.
It's like every FF game has to be made to their expectations and petty desires.

But the complaints aren't over, you'll see tons of threads popping up after the game releases in Japan complaining about pretty much everything "Oh noes, giant enemies are hard! FF13 sucks!"; "The sidequests takes too long to complete, FF13 sucks!!" and so on.

Edit - @CGI

Oh you're completely correct, things started heating up in the thread when PS3 success caused too much disconfort for some people, funny how they are so vocal in those situations, yet complain when someone says bad things about the competition, guess they don't know the meaning of double-standarts.

It's true that when something causes too much misplaced "hate", it's because they are doing something right ;) That's why FFXIII will suffer from the same syndrome, this generation it seems that most gamers just like to hate things for the fun of it

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Yeah, we'll probably get alot of hate from people who call themselves "true" FF fans, because they hate everything after VI. All the negativity these days...

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
@Darth

Your friend doesn't know how awesome he was with that prediction xD He's true, there is a group of FF fans that are extremely volatile.
It's like every FF game has to be made to their expectations and petty desires.

But the complaints aren't over, you'll see tons of threads popping up after the game releases in Japan complaining about pretty much everything "Oh noes, giant enemies are hard! FF13 sucks!"; "The sidequests takes too long to complete, FF13 sucks!!" and so on.

LMAO

there will probably be hate thread for Hope as he has tantrums (yeah like you people didn't when you were his age)

For Snow because he is aimed for the Western Audience which somehow automatically means he doesn't belong in a FF game & it makes the game un-good as its more un-japanese

Vanille as her voice is squeeky

Lightning as she's meant to be a she-cloud.....little do people know that was meant to only be him from a character design point of view (and they actually failed at that as lightning looks nothing like cloud)

Sazh as he has a chocobo in his hair.....& the chocobo is a baby chick = uncool is some weird way

Fang might be the only character I think everyone likes.....but there will be something people find in her thats "wrong"

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

ChrisIsNotSexy said:
CGI-Quality said:
mirgro said:
This proves how retarded reviews, and reviewers in general, are. If true.

I'm not sure "retarded" is the correct term.

I'm sure that it isn't.

That is true. I do not want to offend anyone who may truly  fall under that classification by putting them in the same group as reviewers.

@FinalEvangelion

I know exactly what you mean. It's that particular group that most of the times attack all that it's FF after VI. I love FF VI, it's my favourite FF of all time, but seriously it's just a game, and if they trully loved the series, then they wouldn't have so much prejudice towards the games afterwards

@Darth

People will find ways to hate on Fang. Hell, they will find threads to hate on Serah, just you wait. Somehow people have this skewed view that video game characters have to fit the molds of "cool", "dark", "mature", "oh-my-god-i'm-such-an-adult" and not actually portray human emotions and different human behaviours.

@CGI

I know, the game could get low ratings and get all the hate in the world, and I would still get it, it's final fantasy :) Hell, I even got Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, I dare challenge any FF lovers to play that game :P

Current PC Build

FinalEvangelion said:
Yeah, we'll probably get alot of hate from people who call themselves "true" FF fans, because they hate everything after VI. All the negativity these days...

This. Final Fantasy 8 (other then the gameplay) 9 and 10 were awesome. I don't see how they were so much worse then FF6. Now FF12 is a different story. That game was pretty damn horrible.

Crazymann said:
Hmmmm,

If this is true, then Famitsu has lost their last shred of integrity and all of the journalistic respect I had for them. Let's bow down to the masses and fan the hype.

If this nonsense is to be believed, then Starcraft 2 deserves a 80/40 when it is released (by comparison).

How the hell do you know what Starcraft 2 deserves?

I hope, and believe that FFXIII will probably be very, very good. I just have a feeling. Perfect marks from Famitsu are the first hurdle.

@lestatdark

You wrote:

It's true that when something causes too much misplaced "hate", it's because they are doing something right ;) That's why FFXIII will suffer from the same syndrome, this generation it seems that most gamers just like to hate things for the fun of it

Absolutely true. From FFXIII, to MW2, to Oblivion, to GTA4. Games this level of huge(withing the community, not saleswise) that aren't exclusive, are always going to have an anti-fan community, because there are certain people who just don't care anything about the game, they want to make a name for themselves with opinions, and they either don't see what fans see in the game, or never played it, but they are sick to death of hearing about it, so they will be very vocal in their dislike. This is how anti-game communities form, and FFXIII certainly will have a large one, just like FFXII did, just like X did, just like XI and IX did, and just like VIII did.

Exclusive games are spared this, because they have a rather large community of people who will love and rabidly defend the game simply because its exclusive(assuming the game isn't embarassingly bad), and anti-game fans will be labled and marganilized as fanboys.

I didn't like LBP for instance, and many others didn't as well. However, no anti-LBP community will ever form, because it's an exclsusive darling title to many on this forum. I might even get flamed simply for writing this paragraph about the game. LBP's exclusivity shields it from criticism with an army of bodygaurds. GTAIV, another highly reviewed game, has no shield, and has a large and vocal anti-GTAIV community on this forum. Oblivion is another example. If either one of those games were exclusive, the anti-communites would be much smaller, or they wouldn't exist entirely(depending on their platform). FFXIII no longer has such a shield.

Plus, a lot of people are bitter about FFXIII going multiplat, and will look for any way to degrade and defame it.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.