By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Great games that got low review scores

JOKA_ said:
GTA4

*dropkick*

Around the Network
coolbeans said:
Lost Odyssey is the first that comes to mind.

Seconded. I forgot about this one too.

God Hand.

God Hand?

GOD HAND!

1000 FISTS

conduit, mario and sonic at the olympic and mario party 8

Khuutra said:
God Hand.

God Hand?

GOD HAND!

1000 FISTS

God Hand is quite possibly one of the greatest games I've ever played. Metacritic score isn't bad, but IGN inparticular is way off.

Around the Network

Phantasy Star Portable
Final Fantasy I PSP
Final Fantasy II PSP

All three of these games only got in the 60's from Metacritic, but after playing them, I can honestly say I think they should have scored much higher, I mean, if only in the 70's, or lower 80's would be great for them...

I thought Crimson Gem Saga and Brave Story:New Traveler for the PSP should have scored higher. I also agree with Lost Odyssey.

excitetruck - great game imo

any tenchu game - i love 'em

Boneitis said:
Khuutra said:
God Hand.

God Hand?

GOD HAND!

1000 FISTS

God Hand is quite possibly one of the greatest games I've ever played. Metacritic score isn't bad, but IGN inparticular is way off.

I kind of got the impression that IGN got two levels in and gave up.

Evil Zone - I almost didn't even try this game because EGM gave it a bad review when it came out, but I decided to rent it anyway and had a blast with it. Its not the greatest fighter ever, but I like the characters and while it does have a bit of a simplistic battle system, it works.

Lufia - I almost always see people praisingLufia II while usually dissing the original. I personally loved it, but then again it was my one of my first RPGs, so maybe that makes me a bit biased, but I still love it even today.

And just checked the gamerankings scores :62.23% and 69.17% respectively. That's just messed up. Especially messed up that Lufia didn't get at least 80%, when I would rate it above 90.