By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Great games that got low review scores

I'd say Valhalla Knights Eldar Saga is a recent one. It deserves much more than a 40%. I'd say around 75% is what it deserves with the escalated review scale we have today.

Around the Network

I agree on Wii Play. 

Scribblenauts didn't get low review scores.  Or maybe it got a few low scores but overall it did well.  VGC gave it an 8.8, a great score.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Metroid Prime 3

It's GOTY quality. 90 on Metacritic isn't good enough imo.

Dr.Grass said:
Metroid Prime 3

But all things considered, 90 is still a spectacular score. I don't think games with fantastic scores really apply to this thread. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

A recent one for me is loco roco: midnight carnival. It was my favourite loco roco, but dodn't get reviewed that well.

Around the Network

Ah, yes, I thought of another game - Castlevania Judgment. Personally I thought it was great. But it got some of the worst critical reception I've ever seen.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Dr.Grass said:
Metroid Prime 3

But all things considered, 90 is still a spectacular score. I don't think games with fantastic scores really apply to this thread. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

You're right, but no force in the universe could stop me from saying that MP3 deserved more when given the chance.

Dr.Grass said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Dr.Grass said:
Metroid Prime 3

You're right, but no force in the universe could stop me from saying that MP3 deserved more given the chance.

I can understand and respect that, it's a great game. But as I said, I think this thread is more for games that got slaughtered or atleast wounded by reviews.

CGI-Quality said:
- Fracture

- Alone in the Dark: Inferno

I whole heartedly agree with Fracture.  It opened up a whole new strategy for a shooter.

GTA4

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League