By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Great games that got low review scores

Just wanted to give a shout out to some of my favorite games that got low review scores on most websites,

Sonic Unleashed (Wii)- Was hated but I was blown away by this game and I urge all sonic fans to get this game

Wii Play (Wii)- for a retail price of $10 (without controller) this is a really good casual game, I love the duckhunt and tanks game

Dragon Ball Z Budakai series (GCN & Wii)- For some reason gaming websites always bag on DBZ games but the truth this that they are very fun and                                                                      addicting especially for fans of the series

Scribblenauts (DS)- This game was a slight dissapointment for me, but I put this game on the list because I feel like every DS owner should                                                 experience it and you should not avoid it because of a low score. 

Pokemon Colosseum (GCN)- As a pokemon fan I loved this game, and beat it about 3 times, It is the first 3D pokemon game and I think the                                                               developers overdid themselves on this one It should not have gotten a score under 8.0

So what are some games that you guys enjoyed that the reviewers didn't? and do you agree or disagree with my choices? 

Thx for commenting :)

Around the Network

I think Disaster: Day of Crisis was way better than it got credit for.

I'm sure there are others, too, but none I can think of right at this moment.

nice list you got here!
yeah sonic unleashed was very underrated imo that game was awesome.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Granstream Saga for the PS1 is amongst the best RPG's i've ever played, yet it got crappy ratings at the time (67% in gamespot if i'm not mistaken)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Uncharted 1 should have scored higher.

Around the Network

I remember Tales of Destiny getting some ridiculously low scores, much thanks to being 2D when people wanted 3D :/
Tales of Symphonia 2 wasn't the best Tales of ever but I don't think for a second it deserved the reviews it got, unless you only played for an hour.

Legend of dragoon - one of the best RPGs of all time and it kicks the shit out of FFVII, FFVIII and FFIX.

Prinny: can i be the hero - people bitch and moan about the difficulty and give it bad ratings becuase of it. its is truly pathetic

Lost magic (DS) - a truly innovative and intricate game. one of the best RPGs on the portable console.

"Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For I am Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!"

Well I played Sonic Unleashed for the 360. Quite possibly one of the worst games I've played on the 360 as well.

I really wanted to like it, but its just awful and another step down for the series.

Boneitis said:
Well I played Sonic Unleashed for the 360. Quite possibly one of the worst games I've played on the 360 as well.

I really wanted to like it, but its just awful and another step down for the series.

Most people seem to agree that the Wii-version is the superior version, though. I can't speak for myself, I've only played the Wii-version, and none of the other versions.

Boneitis said:

I agree. It centers far too much around fighting and so little about speed.  Sonic's whole purpose is to be fastpaced and intense.  Are werewolves fast? no. its the worst concept imaginable for a sonic game (besides a fucking RPG. and we dont even want to think about that).

"Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For I am Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!"