By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Great games that got low review scores

lestatdark said:
Hell, even this old PC game is better than the modern day Turok

http://www.action-forms.com/games/carnivores/

:P

That's not saying much.  PC as a gaming 'system' is almost 50 years old and some games that are 20 years old are still better than other games coming out in their genre today.

If I really wanted to get technical, I could name an entire list of FPS better than Halo.  But there's more to it than simple cut and dry 'this old game is better'.  Mostly opinion and technological improvements.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network

I was just stating an opinion to compare two Dinosaur oriented FPS ;) I loved Carnivores, I've played all three of them, and all of them felt better to me than the modern Turok, but as I posted before, the N64 Turok's are still amongst the best console FPS IMO

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Turok was a very nice game. Probably underrated, but not by much.

There are still many much better FPS on the HD consoles.

Some other underrated games:
Too Human, Saints Row 2, Assassin's Creed, Ninja Blade, GRID, MagnaCarta 2, Resistance 2, Viking, Lost: Via Domus, Lost Planet

Most of them also not by much, but all of them deserve at least 5 more points on a 100 scale (searched via Metacritic)

Heavenly Sword
Too Human
Lair
Untold Legends
Viking Battle for Asgard

Thats all I can think of for this generation.

- Turok
- Drakengard: Ancient's Gates
- Haunting Ground
- Lost Planet
- Heavenly Sword
- Ninety Nine Nights
- Perfect Dark Zero
- Kameo
- Pokémon Colosseum
- Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
- Assassin's Creed
- Valkyria Chronicles

List goes on.

Around the Network

Deadly Creatures. On the HD-consoles the so-called harcore would probably praise it up to the skies, but since it was on the Wii i tried the best they could to find flaws

the only game up there that grabbed my interest is scribblenauts :P

I really enjoyed Halo Wars

It didn't get horrible reviews but I had more fun with it than I had with some praised AAA games this generation.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

suikoden 1,2,3,5.
4 sucked.

my top 5 right now. 1. uncharted 2 2. assassin's creed 2 3. god of war 3 4. final fantasy xiii 5. blue dragon: awakened shadow.

Gotcha Force

Former something....