By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Great games that got low review scores

Legend of Dragoon. That was amazing.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

dident really get bad reviews, just not wah tit deserved, Battalion Wars

squarehead said:
suikoden 1,2,3,5.
4 sucked.

Sukoden I-III actually all got high scores from reviewers for their time.  On a couple sites, like IGN, they even called them the best RPG of the year for the year they came out. (speaking specifically of Suikoden II and III).

The reason the rest of the games got mediocre reviews is because the series went downhill after those original three titles.  Including Suikoden V, which wasn't all that unique or impressive compared to its predecessors or RPGs coming out at the time.  In fact, if it didn't have the Suikoden name, it probably would have been overlooked as just another generic low budget RPG with no unique traits.

I don't stand up for reviewers...well, ever.  But this was one of the few times Reviewers actually scored a series right.  Of course there's a few of those reviewers who overlooked some of the games or blackballed Suikoden II and III with a '6.0'.  But on the whole, the series got fair treatment.  Much better treatment than some other RPG series which are much bigger than it.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World 6.9 average review should be around 8!!

Earth Defense Force on 360! Best twelve dollars I ever spent!!

Around the Network

Scribblenauts rocks. I can't wait for the sequel

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Heavenly Sword

White Knight Chronicles!

Damn you reviewers, stop comparing it to a Final Fantasy game and love it for what it is! D:

I think the Yakuza games got way too low review scores. Even if it feels last gen the story is superb and the battle system can become really fun when you get a few new moves.

Anyone else agree?

I thought ToS:DotNW had a huge disconnet between my experience and what most reviewers made it out to be.

it didn't get like 50 or anything but imo the reviews weren't as high as i would have guessed judging from my playthrough of the game