By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Hardware Numbers UP for week of Black Friday

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Carl2291 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
leo-j said:
exactly, IT IS LIKELY the ps3 will hit 1 million world wide and MUCH HIGHER the biggest sales week of the eyar

Not really, this weeks sales were 762K, that is well away from 1 million, its unlikely that FF13 can close the gap

Go see my other thread for reasons why it will.

Big week sales in NA are bigger than BF sales. Others will continue to increase, and so will Japan(Along with whatever boost FF13 will give).

1 Million is looking very likely after these sales.

Even if the big week is bigger, it would have to be about 32% larger to get to a million, and that's just not likely, typical rise is 20-30%

30% would be enough Christmas boost.

Then add whatever boost FF13 will give it.

See?

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Carl2291 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
leo-j said:
exactly, IT IS LIKELY the ps3 will hit 1 million world wide and MUCH HIGHER the biggest sales week of the eyar

Not really, this weeks sales were 762K, that is well away from 1 million, its unlikely that FF13 can close the gap

Go see my other thread for reasons why it will.

Big week sales in NA are bigger than BF sales. Others will continue to increase, and so will Japan(Along with whatever boost FF13 will give).

1 Million is looking very likely after these sales.

Even if the big week is bigger, it would have to be about 32% larger to get to a million, and that's just not likely, typical rise is 20-30%

30% would be enough Christmas boost.

Then add whatever boost FF13 will give it.

See?

I don't see it getting a 30% boost, since it was inflated last week by the aggressive bundles, and as for FF13, it probably won't push as much as you think, FF10 and 12 both pushed less than 100K, so its possible, but not la certainty.

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

CGI-Quality said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
CGI-Quality said:
Cypher1980 said:
I guess the ultimate one million in a week is still firmly Nintendo territory this gen

Still its a good number for Sony posting a neat 0.3 mil gain in one week.

Trouble is to maintain this will be nigh on impossible and to gain the two million plus that many had hoped on MS by new years day now seems highly unlikely

That said MS will have to respond as momentum is firmly with the Sony machine in the HD realm.

At the current rate of catch up the PS3 and Xbox will tie in late 2012

The FFXIII release week may show otherwise.

PS3 is Japan only

Huh? I'm talking about total WW sales for the week of Dec 17. What are you referring to?

What he's attempting to say through his very substance filled post is that FF13 is only releasing in Japan and therefore won't be enough to push the PS3 over a million.

But, he also thinks the Wii was going to sell 80 million this year so.....

Avinash_Tyagi said:

I don't see it getting a 30% boost, since it was inflated last week by the aggressive bundles, and as for FF13, it probably won't push as much as you think, FF10 and 12 both pushed less than 100K, so its possible, but not la certainty.

Maybe it will, maybe it wont. Thats the beauty of the prediction... It's up in the air.

Good 360 sales, they will a lot more when Natal is released.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

Looks like the whole world is jumping away from the 360 to the PS3. 100k over 360 in Europe, things are only gonna get worse for the 360 there.

Now even being out sold in its home market. Xmas will be interesting.

726k 2008 for Xbox360 and 447K 2009 for xbox is good ? Sorry but that is not good. Its a bigger drop then the average drop in 2009 and thats bad. Ok you can say its higher then PS3 2008 but 2008 was the Ps3 at 399. And this year the PS3 NA sales are even bigger then Xbox360 WW sales. Its bad and it stays bad despite you are saying its good.

And Natal is perhaps a hit perhaps it will fail big times so you should not rely on that. And even if its a hit the Xbox wont top the 2008 sells anymore.

AE101 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
CGI-Quality said:
Cypher1980 said:
I guess the ultimate one million in a week is still firmly Nintendo territory this gen

Still its a good number for Sony posting a neat 0.3 mil gain in one week.

Trouble is to maintain this will be nigh on impossible and to gain the two million plus that many had hoped on MS by new years day now seems highly unlikely

That said MS will have to respond as momentum is firmly with the Sony machine in the HD realm.

At the current rate of catch up the PS3 and Xbox will tie in late 2012

The FFXIII release week may show otherwise.

PS3 is Japan only

Huh? I'm talking about total WW sales for the week of Dec 17. What are you referring to?

What he's attempting to say through his very substance filled post is that FF13 is only releasing in Japan and therefore won't be enough to push the PS3 over a million.

But, he also thinks the Wii was going to sell 80 million this year so

Lately I've noticed a string of people new to this site repeatedly poke fun at Avinish's 80 million prediction and I have some thoughts about it.

This time last year the Wii went from selling 16+ million in a year to 24+ million a year while still supply constrained and most posters that weren't total fanboys had predictions for the end of this year in the range of 70-75 million, 80 being the upper limit.  For quite some time it's become very apparent that the Wii was never going to do these numbers and most other people's predications have been changed or removed from their sigs outright.

I'll admit I think Avinish sometimes craps on a bit too much for my liking, but I just don't have the time or patience to be as persistent in my arguments as he does.  He made a prediction NEARLY A YEAR AGO, and big deal it turned out to be wrong.  Repeatedly pointing it out just makes it look like you don't have the facts or faculty to argue the topic at hand. 

Stick with the topic and before pointing fingers, be brave enough to put some predictions in your sig and stand by them until this time next year.

ps3 is gonna outsell the 360 badly in december. even in america ps3 should make quite a gap over there. the 360's $199 aint gonna do shit to stop the people that want to buy a ps3, do just that!

I dont think anyone disputes that in the HD race SONY is definitely holding the conch at the moment.

However they are having one heck of a time reigning MS back and Nintendo have long since disappeared over the horizon.

I appreciate MS could cut the price next year and the introduction of Natal will take some wind from Sony sales.

I just get the impression that both MS and SONY are running out of runway. This gen has about 2 meaningful years left.

A victory once your competitors are selling a superior machine is a hollow victory indeed.

Its just a question of who launches first