By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Hardware Numbers UP for week of Black Friday

STEKSTAV said:
PS3 sells bad - Its all about Sales
PS3 sells good - Its all about Profits

360 sells good - Its all about Sales
360 sells bad - Its all about Profit

Wii sells bad - Its all about DOOM!
Wii sells good - Its all about PS3/360

Life of the internetforums :D

+1

Around the Network

congrats to the wii,ps3 and ds. i think the reason the ds had a good increase over last year is simple, the price of the system was reduced by $30.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

CGI-Quality said:
Cypher1980 said:
I guess the ultimate one million in a week is still firmly Nintendo territory this gen

Still its a good number for Sony posting a neat 0.3 mil gain in one week.

Trouble is to maintain this will be nigh on impossible and to gain the two million plus that many had hoped on MS by new years day now seems highly unlikely

That said MS will have to respond as momentum is firmly with the Sony machine in the HD realm.

At the current rate of catch up the PS3 and Xbox will tie in late 2012

The FFXIII release week may show otherwise.

PS3 is Japan only

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

exactly, IT IS LIKELY the ps3 will hit 1 million world wide and MUCH HIGHER the biggest sales week of the eyar

mM

I just read this whole thread, i have so much to say, here we go:

BOOM!

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
dobby985 said:
STEKSTAV said:
PS3 sells bad - Its all about Sales
PS3 sells good - Its all about Profits

360 sells good - Its all about Sales
360 sells bad - Its all about Profit

Wii sells bad - Its all about DOOM!
Wii sells good - Its all about PS3/360

Life of the internetforums :D

+1

I've skipped most of the thread since i saw this post and I don't really think I missed anything.

leo-j said:
exactly, IT IS LIKELY the ps3 will hit 1 million world wide and MUCH HIGHER the biggest sales week of the eyar

Not really, this weeks sales were 762K, that is well away from 1 million, its unlikely that FF13 can close the gap

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
leo-j said:

Not really, this weeks sales were 762K, that is well away from 1 million, its unlikely that FF13 can close the gap

Go see my other thread for reasons why it will.

Big week sales in NA are bigger than BF sales. Others will continue to increase, and so will Japan(Along with whatever boost FF13 will give).

1 Million is looking very likely after these sales.

Carl2291 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
leo-j said:

Big week sales in NA are bigger than BF sales. Others will continue to increase, and so will Japan(Along with whatever boost FF13 will give).

Even if the big week is bigger, it would have to be about 32% larger to get to a million, and that's just not likely, typical rise is 20-30%

Carl2291 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
leo-j said:

I think it's going to be touch and go but far from unlikely.  If you look at Black Friday sales as a percentage of peak holiday sales over the last couple of years it looks like the PS3 should be pushing around a million in it's peak week. 

I think it really depends on how much of an effect the NA bundles had this week and how significant an impact FFXIII has on hardware sales.