By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Hardware Numbers UP for week of Black Friday

Cypher1980 said:
I dont think anyone disputes that in the HD race SONY is definitely holding the conch at the moment.

However they are having one heck of a time reigning MS back and Nintendo have long since disappeared over the horizon.

I appreciate MS could cut the price next year and the introduction of Natal will take some wind from Sony sales.

I just get the impression that both MS and SONY are running out of runway. This gen has about 2 meaningful years left.

A victory once your competitors are selling a superior machine is a hollow victory indeed.

Its just a question of who launches first

thats just a stupid way of lookking at things. Obviously the platform that sells the most wins. It doesn't matter if MS launches a new system. If PS3 is still selling years from now wouldnt that mean Ps3 had more appeal thus better shelf life? If Interest dies for the 360 how is that anyone but MS' fault?

Of course people will just try to downplay any success sony has.

Around the Network
letsdance said:
Cypher1980 said:
I dont think anyone disputes that in the HD race SONY is definitely holding the conch at the moment.

However they are having one heck of a time reigning MS back and Nintendo have long since disappeared over the horizon.

I appreciate MS could cut the price next year and the introduction of Natal will take some wind from Sony sales.

I just get the impression that both MS and SONY are running out of runway. This gen has about 2 meaningful years left.

A victory once your competitors are selling a superior machine is a hollow victory indeed.

Its just a question of who launches first

thats just a stupid way of lookking at things. Obviously the platform that sells the most wins. It doesn't matter if MS launches a new system. If PS3 is still selling years from now wouldnt that mean Ps3 had more appeal thus better shelf life? If Interest dies for the 360 how is that anyone but MS' fault?

Of course people will just try to downplay any success sony has.

Well thats a nice friendly way to kick off your reply.

In considered response I dont dispute the platform with most sales wins. Just that it means you can achieve an at best hollow success.

A consequence of being in that last man standing position means that you condede a great deal of ground in the nex gen battle.

I think MS has proved what an advantage a years headstart can be this gen.

I dont think charging around deriding peoples viewpoints as STUPID is at all fair.

Normally a calm debate and rebuttal is all that is required.

I wanna see software sales.
Plz.

m(_ _)m

Looking forward to: FF Versus XIII / LBP2 / The Last Guardian / Yakuza 4 / ICO Collection

I believe that what Sony and MS are focused in at the moment is trying to build mindshare/attachment to their respective platform network services and doing so somewhat irrespective of the box/terminal that is used to access those services.

Their aim is to hook people to their multimedia ecosystems by building clustered sub-networks of online friends. Then they can deliver all sorts of content down the internet to consumers.

I believe that in a way it is more valuable for Sony to have you as an active consumer of PSN than just own a PS box. Havent they iterated on a few occasions that they want to decouple PSN from PS3/PSP and have it on PC as well or any other online enabled hardware with a GPU?

Where's the software sales?!

Around the Network

wow ps3 America > 360 worldwide! no wonder "certain" people wanted to ruin this thread.

here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay  here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay

killuminiti said:
wow ps3 America > 360 worldwide! no wonder "certain" people wanted to ruin this thread.

wow the PS3 outsells the 360 for a couple months and "certain" people want to ruin every thread by talking so much shit.

nathantay said:
killuminiti said:

wow the PS3 outsells the 360 for a couple months and "certain" people want to ruin every thread by talking so much shit.

Probably because ''certain'' people were talking so much shit all long before the PS3 started outselling the 360.Now dont bother replying

nathantay said:
killuminiti said:

Pay back is a BITCH isn't it

here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay  here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay

ChrisIsNotSexy said:
nathantay said:
killuminiti said:

Probably because ''certain'' people were talking so much shit all long before the PS3 started outselling the 360.Now dont bother replying

Maybe thats because Sony fans have been talking shit for the last two generations. Now Nintendo and MS have gained sales and market share while Sony has lost it. Sony can outsell MS the rest of the generation it won't change the fact that their sales will be cut in half from last generation while MS will double and Nintendo's will more than quadruple.