By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Hardware Numbers UP for week of Black Friday

nathantay said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
nathantay said:
killuminiti said:
wow ps3 America > 360 worldwide! no wonder "certain" people wanted to ruin this thread.

wow the PS3 outsells the 360 for a couple months and "certain" people want to ruin every thread by talking so much shit.

Probably because ''certain'' people were talking so much shit all long before the PS3 started outselling the 360.Now dont bother replying

Maybe thats because Sony fans have been talking shit for the last two generations. Now Nintendo and MS have gained sales and market share while Sony has lost it. Sony can outsell MS the rest of the generation it won't change the fact that their sales will be cut in half from last generation while MS will double and Nintendo's will more than quadruple.

Ok youre right im wrong,Sony fans are just terrible,arrogant,they are the worst,they must shut up.

I get it,im a horrible person for being a Sony fanboy,oh well...*goes crying*

Around the Network
nathantay said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
nathantay said:
killuminiti said:
wow ps3 America > 360 worldwide! no wonder "certain" people wanted to ruin this thread.

wow the PS3 outsells the 360 for a couple months and "certain" people want to ruin every thread by talking so much shit.

Probably because ''certain'' people were talking so much shit all long before the PS3 started outselling the 360.Now dont bother replying

Maybe thats because Sony fans have been talking shit for the last two generations. Now Nintendo and MS have gained sales and market share while Sony has lost it. Sony can outsell MS the rest of the generation it won't change the fact that their sales will be cut in half from last generation while MS will double and Nintendo's will more than quadruple.

not true, there sales are much higher this gen than last gen. SONY have sold much more gaming hardware this gen than last gen

mM
leo-j said:
nathantay said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
nathantay said:
killuminiti said:

not true, there sales are much higher this gen than last gen. SONY have sold much more gaming hardware this gen than last gen

Leo youre my hero!!!

Please marry me <3 <3,ill do anything,ill even ************

nathantay said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
nathantay said:
killuminiti said:

Im new to this whole e-beef stuff. But was there even a fanboy war during PS1 era? And wasn't last gen a bit one-sided to even have a "war"? I've always felt that its more fun to cheer for the "underdog", no matter what brand. And haven't that been the case throughout these last 3 gens? The "underdog", or the one trailing, having the fanbase that screams the most?

In this gen i feel that 360 fans have been loud because they were the underdog coming into this gen since the original xbox was terminated, and managed to do well. And feel like they are on cloud 9 because of it. And the PS3 fans have been loud because they are the ones last sales wise. And now they see an upswing in sales and feel the effects of cloud 9 aswell.

Its not that often you see the "underdog" and the one trailing as two different characters. Hence the very loud fanboy war this gen. Thats what i think.

umm so natal is shown as an xbox 360???
people have to buy ANOTHER xbox 360 to play natal???
or is it a console by itself like the Wii???

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Around the Network

well the sales will not change this years, winners will win lossers will lose

here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay  here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay

STEKSTAV said:
nathantay said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
nathantay said:
killuminiti said:

Im new to this whole e-beef stuff. But was there even a fanboy war during PS1 era? And wasn't last gen a bit one-sided to even have a "war"? I've always felt that its more fun to cheer for the "underdog", no matter what brand. And haven't that been the case throughout these last 3 gens? The "underdog", or the one trailing, having the fanbase that screams the most?

In this gen i feel that 360 fans have been loud because they were the underdog coming into this gen since the original xbox was terminated, and managed to do well. And feel like they are on cloud 9 because of it. And the PS3 fans have been loud because they are the ones last sales wise. And now they see an upswing in sales and feel the effects of cloud 9 aswell.

Its not that often you see the "underdog" and the one trailing as two different characters. Hence the very loud fanboy war this gen. Thats what i think.

This and MS(as the first) started the trend to not only cater directly to their most hardcore following but also to organize it by feeding them with which arguments to use.
The truth is overrated, what's important is to generate accusations like the competitor's hardware can't do that or the competing console has no games and then make many people blindly repeat these arguments(unified accusations are so much more effective than the usual mess the fans were able to make up themselves and they also sound better because of the fancy technical terms added which ordinary people don't like admitting they do not comprehend).

Sure this type of marketing makes a horrible mess on message-boards, but it's also a very cheap and effective tool which has been used in politics for ages.

kowenicki said:
@palminio

Totally agree. ONLY Ninty have pshown textbook commerciality this gen.

Sony are the worst of the three. God know how much they have spent/lost this last few weeks. Advertising through the roof and selling a loss making concole in bumper bundles to get market share.

I dont blame them, they had no choice... but its hardly textbook commercial sense.

I'd blame them more for the errors made at launch. Not securing enough supplies of blue lasers and missing PS3's 1st Xmas in Sony's strongest territory was really unforgivable, almost fumbling LBP launch for a Quran verse was clumsy to say the least, and previous bad timings for games launches and the first price cuts weren't by any means brilliant. A better PS3 launch would have pushed forward BD's victory in format war too, reducing its cost and increasing its profits sooner, so clumsiness hit Sony twice, also with side-effects.  This time they overturned their previous situation, so they played quite well their cards. I agree with you that they really had to dare, but they did it quite well, without panicking and avoiding stupid errors. Obviously I agree that the real winner is still Nintendo, they are still first, they manage to remain so even when they are down YoY, so limited compliments to PS3 for having been the sole to be able to beat Wii WW 4 weeks in a row, but Wii is still the king.

And DS is simply insane, I wouldn't bash poor PSP that will be the 3rd portable ever and will easily exceed 70million lifetime sales, but it can't really compete, it just have to content itself of its not little niche.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

So the last week (end November 21) adjustments in this week.

Last Week Adjusted Diference %
DS 749932 754992 +5060
+0,67%
Wii 702185 716784 +14599 +2,08%
PS3 359417 359797 +380 +0,11%
360 285460 284998 -462 -0,16%
PSP 207594 208767 +1173 +0,57%
PS2 82043 82004 -39 -0,05%

Wii has the big adjustment with 14k

amazing sales!