By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Hardware Numbers UP for week of Black Friday

This thread is... quite messy. Where'd the whole New Super Mario Bros. vs Final Fantasy debate come from? And I see numerous insults being hurled around as well.

Let me find the trouble makers... -_-

Around the Network
Cypher1980 said:

I think MS has proved what an advantage a years headstart can be this gen.

What!?! They've proved that a year's head start means being 24 million consoles behind at this point. I wouldn't call that an advantage. If anything the experience with Wii has shown that you can easily afford to release a year after the first new console of a generation and still end up the winner by a huge margin. Looking at Wii all it takes is the right product at the right price and it won't really matter too much when a console  releases relative to other hardware next gen.

MS has established itself more strongly this generation, so it has an opportunity to have the right product at the right price, and if they go early then they can truly dominate, rather than simply dominate second place. But Nintendo has the most solid base for the next generation, and Sony is building momentum heading into the 2nd half of this generation.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

It took me almost an hour to get through this thread, but five people have been banned, and at least two warnings have been given out (I think - it's late and I'm getting tired, so I may have forgotten a couple).

It seems discussion is slowly returning to the original topic.  Please stay relatively on topic from here on out.  ^_^

I see Avinash has been banned...the guy has an awful tendency to turn simple remarks into long, serious boring debates.

JGarret said:
I see Avinash has been banned...the guy has an awful tendency to turn simple remarks into long, serious boring debates.

Hm, that kinda sounds like the reason I banned him.  :P

Around the Network
Cypher1980 said:
letsdance said:
Cypher1980 said:
I dont think anyone disputes that in the HD race SONY is definitely holding the conch at the moment.

However they are having one heck of a time reigning MS back and Nintendo have long since disappeared over the horizon.

I appreciate MS could cut the price next year and the introduction of Natal will take some wind from Sony sales.

I just get the impression that both MS and SONY are running out of runway. This gen has about 2 meaningful years left.

A victory once your competitors are selling a superior machine is a hollow victory indeed.

Its just a question of who launches first

thats just a stupid way of lookking at things. Obviously the platform that sells the most wins. It doesn't matter if MS launches a new system. If PS3 is still selling years from now wouldnt that mean Ps3 had more appeal thus better shelf life? If Interest dies for the 360 how is that anyone but MS' fault?

Of course people will just try to downplay any success sony has.

Well thats a nice friendly way to kick off your reply.

In considered response I dont dispute the platform with most sales wins. Just that it means you can achieve an at best hollow success.

A consequence of being in that last man standing position means that you condede a great deal of ground in the nex gen battle.

I think MS has proved what an advantage a years headstart can be this gen.

I dont think charging around deriding peoples viewpoints as STUPID is at all fair.

Normally a calm debate and rebuttal is all that is required.

I also dont agree with you.. If MS release a new XBOX next yr it is not a win situation for the company nor for the consumers... The whole concept of console gaming is in my view is to have a box on which u can game for quite a few years. If new XBOX comes around couple of yrs earlier than PS4 and PS3 keep on getting gr8 games n great sales than i think MS has yet again conceded a defeat..

Just like DS is going on n on n on, it never stops n game keep on coming over it... so it is a gr8 value not only for Nintendo but also for consumers.

Anyway this is just my point of view, i dont want a new console every 3 yr, it will make it a computer than in my view

makingmusic476 said:
JGarret said:

Hm, that kinda sounds like the reason I banned him.  :P

Yes, it baffles me how some people liking games like us can at the same time be so humourless, why don't they try to laugh, every now and then?

Then, just to try to be objective, I sometimes exceed being a joker, but come on, we're talking about games, not funerals.

To come back on topic, did someone post a WoW and YoY performance table? And where? Thanks in advance. 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

you don't see sales like this everyday... I guess people overreacted... even though it was funny...

Japan Software Sales UP. TOP10 all blue.

If MS starts selling the 360 for 99$, SONY's domed. I'm buying one at the price

4 ≈ One