By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - This site has a very loose definition for trolling

Original post - http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=2863830

My reply - http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=2864321

Result - 3 day ban for trolling...twice by 2 mods

Anyone that doesn't think emulators are a great suggestion for portable gaming on the PSP either doesn't know much about PSP gaming or is completely delusional. Anyone can look up metacritic and suggest 90+ games for psp...but people genuenly may not know its possible to run Snes and Genesis games using emulators on the PSP.

I know we have a bunch of new mods who are probably eager to insert their "authoritah" but common sense isn't much to ask for.

Around the Network

I do agree with you but your post came across as if you were saying "PSP has no games lol".

that was trolling disolitude

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

You should take it up with Naz if you have a problem with how things are modded.

Plus you could have actually gave him some PSP games, instead of emulators of past gen stuff...

Also, are emulators on PSP... Pirating?

Your reply just seemed sarky to me. It was like you were stealth trolling. Like saying the PSP never had no games but without actually saying it.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

That was trolling. Maybe you should reread your post before you hit "Enter"

FYI you also made an ALT account, you deserved a longer ban honestly ...

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Wow

When you leave the post like that, it looks like you're trolling the PSP. You're implying "Lol, PSP has no games, emulate these 20 year old games instead".

Now, you COULD have said: "There are many great games for the PSP, but don't overlook the following emulators: *list*. Some fantastic games to be found there, if you don't have too much of a conscience "

That's how I would have phrased it. And I guarantee that you wouldn't have been banned for that.

Trolling is attacking a console without basis, or when it is completely irrelevant to the discussion. Saying that the PSP has no games in a game recommendation thread is both of those things.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

lol...everyone knows psp has loads of games, so why would I repeat what everyone said? "Yeah get god of war!!!!" I read the thread and whats been posted before I post...

All I wanted to say is that to me those 3 emulators are head and sholders the best things on PSP.

Zelda: Link to the past with quick save and quick load kicks ass when you are on the bus or subway for 30 minutes at the time...

Mods have to go by their own instincts on what trolling is, so it'll vary from mod to mod.