By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo SELLS 550K Wii & 1 Million DS during BF Week!!!!

ioi should be preparing a edit3 on the news?

Around the Network

I'll post on ioi's wall asking him

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Frankly I think all the consoles are probably overestimated by VGC. At least the Wii and PS3 probably are.

It's not easy to estimate sales in a week like this, with crazy promotions everywhere and different demographics buying consoles than during the rest of the year.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

darthdevidem01 said:
HOW is DS still doing this?!

Just take this to be about the DS instead of Godzilla.

But actually, I don't think the DS's numbers are being given enough attention here. Has any piece of hardware ever sold over a million in the US alone on Black Friday week?

Xen said:
PS3 nearing 500k and Wii only 550k?

what the hell happened here?

This is a new age of Slim domination .

Around the Network

great sales Nintendo

Xen said:

That's assuming that PS3 is near 500K, if this is true, and Wii was overtracked it could mean everything was overtracked, we'll have to see what ioi says, he will make the final decision

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Xen said:

PS3 may be over tracked too now you know

@all

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Nintendo say 550k?

mM
Demotruk said:
Carl2291 said:
This thread needs the boss.

If we see PS3 = Wii on BF... Holy shit.

If both Wii and DS were poorly tracked (admitedly, only early numbers), why would you expect PS3 to be have been accurately tracked?

Because PS3 numbers have already been adjusted... Twice. Up.

Wii has had an adjustment... Down.

Trend may continue...