By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii are not amused (a nintendo betrayed the core gamer article)

Definition of a core gamer betrayed by Nintendo = A Sony fanboy who is angry about getting Nintenstomped on the market.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

This article is full of whining and full of revisionism. The Wii was never "anticipated" by the hardcore. Maybe by others, but it was universally mocked, derided and hated right from the beginning by this type of author and the constituency they deem to represent. What a pile of crap.

the2bears - the indie shmup blog
KungKras said:
The only thing that dissapointed me was that Lucasarts didn't even bother with a lightsaber game. I mean come on! Motion controlls.... Lightsabres..... Motion controls.....

And all they did was to go durrrrr PS2 port hurrrr durrrr

Unforgivable, it's one of my biggest dissapointments in gaming ever.

That says all!

Everybody see it as a damn missed oportunity. To the gamer crowd, feels more like a crime.

Mr Khan said:
mike_intellivision said:
This is from a college student and from the UK.
The demographic and the location that have both been very biased against the Wii.

Nothing here -- move on.

Mike from Morgantown

Wii has done quite well in the UK, though Wii has done well in pretty much every region that is traditionally less receptive to Nintendo (i.e., anywhere outside Japan), and has been underperforming in Japan of late

It's almost like opposite world

The Wii has sold well in the UK, that is true.

But it has also been unmercifully savaged by the techno-critics there -- essentially for not being sufficently technologically cutting-edge.

It is to the latter to which I alluded.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

The target audience for lightsaber Wii games: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GJOVPjhXMY

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
The target audience for lightsaber Wii games: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GJOVPjhXMY

*lol*  :)

peanut1972 said:
Jumpin said:

*lol*  :)

Did you really have to necro bump this thread with just lol....

sheesh! who the hell brang this article back from the dead?

*Sends this thread back to the depths of hell!*

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000