By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii are not amused (a nintendo betrayed the core gamer article)

dont forget. Nintendo sorta thought the Wii would become like the DS slow third party support and then they would come with great titles liek the DS has had.

Sadly they come but with spin offs and crap.

So Nintendo in a way got screwed up by this. They left a window of opportunity for other developers to provide good games but they did not take it.

I doubt Nintendo will make the same mistake again. Next Gen it will be a more fluid flow of games from them.

Around the Network

It never ceases to amaze me how elitist gaming snobs are genuinely surprised that the "revolution" didn't support them, but the lower classes.

Cheebee said:

Blahblahblah Nintendo doesn't make good games anymore Blahblahblah Wii is for little kids and soccermoms Blahblahblah I want hardcore HD games Blahblahblah...

I'm so tired to death of these people... -___-'

Upcoming Wii games:

No More Heroes 2
Red Steel 2
Metroid Other M
Mario Galaxy 2
Endless Ocean 2
The Grinder
Monster Hunter 3
Dragon Quest X
Zelda Wii
Retro game
Final Fantasy TCB

... The list goes on, but I'll leave it at that. These people need to get a life or else sell their Wiis and go make love to their PS3s and 360s. Sheesh.

YEAH!

I played Mario Galaxy for 4 hours straight last night. It may even rival Metroid Prime as my nr1 game of all time.

NSMB is an exceptional game.

Next year I'll be playing Galaxy2.

Metroid Other M

Zelda Wii

I can't wait for Pikmin.

+others.

So complain about the lack of HD fps games...blahblahblabblablahblah

I'm happy.

woopah said:

...get a flavour for the stale – re­cy­cled IP’s such as Mario, Zelda and Metroid ap­pear once again...

-are-not-amused/

YOU SON OF B*#CH *#THER*%$KE5 !

THOSE ARE SOME OF THE HIGHEST RATED GAMES OF ALL TIME.

IDIOT.

GO PLAY MODERN WARFARE YOU JERK-0FF.

Dr.Grass said:

woopah said:

...get a flavour for the stale – re­cy­cled IP’s such as Mario, Zelda and Metroid ap­pear once again...

-are-not-amused/

YOU SON OF B*#CH *#THER*%$KE5 !

THOSE ARE SOME OF THE HIGHEST RATED GAMES OF ALL TIME.

IDIOT.

GO PLAY MODERN WARFARE YOU JERK-0FF.

LMAO.....

Nuff Said

/End Thread

PS: I also thought this was Rol. When i first read it i had to go back up and look at the OP's name cause i thought it was Rol. That was before i saw the link lmao.

Around the Network
pos­si­bly demon­strat­ing why so many de­vel­op­ers for the Wii, and pos­si­bly Nin­ten­do them­selves, have shied away from at­tempt­ing to fuse more ma­ture con­cepts with the tech­ni­cal in­no­va­tions.

More mature concepts? This guy needs to rethink exactly what core gamers want in games.

Wait....deja vu!!! Scary.

As long as Nintendo don't focus 100% on this guy he won't be happy. That's the way it is. Nintendo can announce 100 mature themed core games next E3 but he will complain anyway because Nintendo also announced 100 new casual games. He is like a first born who hates on his little brother, the casual gamer, for having to share his parents attention with him.

the thing is he isnt a fanboy.

he writes very well and he has clearly put a lot of time and effort into this. As a student myself this is what a lot of the knowledgeable student gamers think. My own university paper had an article on the eurogamer London Expo. It was written by the editor of the gaming section and was entirly about PS3 and 360. The only mention of anything else was when he remarked how no one was playing avatar on the wii and that he would 'rather gouge outhis eyes with a rusty spoon' than play the game

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

woopah said:
the thing is he isnt a fanboy.

he writes very well and he has clearly put a lot of time and effort into this. As a student myself this is what a lot of the knowledgeable student gamers think. My own university paper had an article on the eurogamer London Expo. It was written by the editor of the gaming section and was entirly about PS3 and 360. The only mention of anything else was when he remarked how no one was playing avatar on the wii and that he would 'rather gouge outhis eyes with a rusty spoon' than play the game

I agree that his style of writing is very sophisticated. Unfortunately he ignores the crucial point that Wii has just as many AAA 'core' games as any other Nintendo console at this point in it's life cycle.

THEREFORE IT'S BULLSH*T

he seems this is a view share dby the whole paper. another article states that 'Super Smash Bros. Brawl lev­elled the play­ing field by to­tal­ly re­mov­ing any need for skill.'

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia