By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think the Wii's lower average usage helps its failure rate?

Samus Aran said:
Taz! said:
bardicverse said:
Taz! said:

First off, dont even try arguing that the average Wii is used the same amount as the average PS360 - If you do you are in denial. From personal experience I am sure the average Wii console is used far less often the average PS360 console, so do you think this helps out the Wii's failure rate?

Those Wii's out there that are used very often seem to cope well, so there's no denying that its a quality piece of hardware, but with a lot of Wii's not getting played that often surely this is bound to help its failure rate?

FAIL 1 - You can't tell people that they can't argue on a forum.

FAIL 2 - You can't make a point based on personal experience and then apply it to the entire world.

FAIL 3 - You can't say one system is used more or less without providing a link of documented evidence. (Hint - try Neilsen charts)

You have FAILED out of this conversation. Next batter up.

Of course, common sense and being sensible counts for nothing. Seriously, If you think the average Wii is used as much as the average PS360 you are delusional, and may need to get out more. Its a fact of life, although there is no hard data for me to prove it. Its like me saying a big proportion of Wii owners are women and children, I have no data to prove it and you may not want to believe it but we all know its true.

Actually the average age of wii is 24 years(I saw a graph somewhere) and there are about as many boys and girls playing the console. You're wrong with that one. Ps3/xbox360 are the kiddy immature consoles if I look at those annoying kids on xbox live. It pisses me of!

Need I say more

Around the Network

if you want to argue taz!, then i'll just say theres theres usually just one or two people that play the hd consoles in a household, while with the wii, the whole family tends to use it, so it gets used a lot just by getting used by many different people.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

^ I dont want to argue, Im just in utter disbelief

"you may not want to believe it but we all know its true."

Just because you say that doesn't make it true. You sound way too much like Catholicism for me.

The processors in the PS3 and 360 generate a lot of heat. Heat is the main cause of their failures. It has less to do with the quality of the manufacturing, and more to do with them trying to run all of the calculations required for a high definition gaming machine in a confined space. The Wii's cpu generates a lot less heat, and is less susceptible to heat related failures.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
"you may not want to believe it but we all know its true."

Just because you say that doesn't make it true. You sound way too much like Catholicism for me.

Im never going to win with you because I have no proof, and its really hard to give you advice and show you where Im coming from without insulting you, so....

And Im not a fan of the RC Church -_-

Brawl and Mario Kart Wii are played forever over and over again and my Wii has never failed. Lots of other people play those games the same way. This is just a trolling thread.

BardicVerse ended this thread on page one lol. Nintendo has always built reliable strong hardware. I can still turn on my original NES my Atari wasn't so lucky and they both were damaged during a flood back in the late 80's early 90's.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Why do I get the feeling this is just some joke topic?

Taz! said:
bardicverse said:
Taz! said:

First off, dont even try arguing that the average Wii is used the same amount as the average PS360 - If you do you are in denial. From personal experience I am sure the average Wii console is used far less often the average PS360 console, so do you think this helps out the Wii's failure rate?

Those Wii's out there that are used very often seem to cope well, so there's no denying that its a quality piece of hardware, but with a lot of Wii's not getting played that often surely this is bound to help its failure rate?

FAIL 1 - You can't tell people that they can't argue on a forum.

FAIL 2 - You can't make a point based on personal experience and then apply it to the entire world.

FAIL 3 - You can't say one system is used more or less without providing a link of documented evidence. (Hint - try Neilsen charts)

You have FAILED out of this conversation. Next batter up.

Of course, common sense and being sensible counts for nothing. Seriously, If you think the average Wii is used as much as the average PS360 you are delusional, and may need to get out more. Its a fact of life, although there is no hard data for me to prove it. Its like me saying a big proportion of Wii owners are women and children, I have no data to prove it and you may not want to believe it but we all know its true.

Actually there is data supporting that many Wii owners are women and children. That's how we learned about it. My anecdotal evidence tells me Killzone 2 is the most popular shooter ever, because my environment is VGChartz. Unfortunately, just like your anecdotal evidence, it's hard to apply a limited view to a worldwide audience.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.