By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Source Confirms PSP2 For 2010

silicon said:
RafaelOrix said:
silicon said:
RafaelOrix said:
I honestly don't believe so. More like a new PSP model (4000?), with Sony trying to get rid of the piracy, specially when there's a lot of big software coming next couple of years. If anything, that's actually a Playstation Phone and not another portable gaming machine only. PSPhone would make more sense and could share all these PSP games, having a huge catalog already avaible and a lot of new games coming.

And I agree with some of you talking about the PSP being a mini PS2, Sony should try more unique games for the system like Patapon and LocoRoco.

Not only PS2, but PS3 as well... for some reason a lot of PS3 games are ported to PSP. This includes upcoming games like Dante's Inferno to games like PixelJunk Monsters.

At least they're adding Minis, and the comic book reader which differentiate the PSP a lot.

@Bold: True, but that is still very little from what they can do. At least is a good start.

About the PixelJunk Monsters, I think it suits better the PSP! Tower Defense seems to be a great style for the PSP, IMO.

I agree. I got both Fieldrunners and Monsters Deluxe... it's hard as hell to get Rainbows in all the maps.

Sorry for going off topic, but how is Fieldrunners? PixelJunk is a lot of fun and very hard to get the Rainbows! I absolutely love that, it akes the game so much more enjoyable if it were easy!

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
shams said:
If the Go costs $250... the PSP2 will probably cost more than the PS3 at launch.

If Kaz comes out at E3 and announces a PSP2 at only $399 US Dollars, I think Sony fans heads will explode.

Nah, that's almost expected from Sony these days. They'll explodes if he announces it and pulls another "Riiiiidge Racer" stunt.

If it is $250 I would get by but no more. Though it would have to have BC and at least 6 hour battery life and some decent launch games.

Another $250 launch is going to be a hard sell. They have no chance against Nintendo (handheld gaming, unlike console gaming, is and always will primarily be a domain for kids) and they certaintly don't have a chance in the PMP market. PSP Go has the gaming edge over iPod Touch and Zune HD but can it do everything else just as well? And with the iPod Touch starting at $200 and Zune HD 16 GB going for $220, $250 is a hard sell for something that can't adequately replace a iPod Touch or Zune HD.

ClaudeLv250 said:
It just seems way too soon for a PSP2.

Too soon? No way. Sony could've needed it this christmas.

I can't wait, it's been a couple terrible years for the psp1.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

If pictures of the PSP2 are the true then it would probably cost a similar price to the PSP go, i mean shouldn't sony have learned from the psp go and PS3's launch that high prices as starting prices are retarded and dont allow for a place in the current market

guys psp go is definitely a test product for smthing sony wants to make in the future, they r probably testing how digital things wud work around for them though i expect psp2 to have half digital life in it and half smthing like UMD or watever

So does this mean that we will be seeing playstation 3/xbox 360 like graphics on the playstation portable 2?

This could be really good news. I really don't know how PSPGO is going to do which such a high price point. I mean holly crap for another 50 bucks you can buy a ps3. None of us know for sure but i would not be suprised if PSP2 comes for 199.99 US and pspGO goes away. My 9 year old son had the psp 3000 and we have had it for about 2-3 years now, he playes the crap out of it, we live in ca, my brothers live in texas, they play ratchett and clank online on there psps . pretty cool.

i still have the launch psp i don't mind upgrading now if this really will be the psp2 and not another version to the existing psp.