By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Source Confirms PSP2 For 2010

Source Confirms PSP2 For 2010 http://www.psxextreme.com/psp-news/1880.html

Okay, so the PSP Go is on store shelves alongside the older PSP-3000 model. But everyone still wants to know if the PSP2 will become a reality, and the latest piece of news essentially confirms the new handheld's existence.

According to BSN, the new generation of portable technology from Sony will indeed arrive next year and feature PowerVR SGX543 graphics. We learn that past rumors were also mostly true, as their sources tell us the PSP2 has been in development since 2008 and exactly one year ago today, Sony unofficially announced the selection of Imagination Technologies' SGX graphics processor. Earlier today, we heard something similar in regards to the potential tech leaks for the PS4 and new PSP, which is starting to become clearer and more legitimate. It also seems obvious that Sony will push forward with the freshly released PSP Go and replace the PSP-3000 with the PSP2...although we're starting to wonder if the PSP Go will have enough going for it to compete with the new portable option. Either way, it's going to be an interesting year for handheld electronic units.  BSN says they know when Sony plans to put the PSP2 on store shelves but will only say it'll launch within "the next 12 months."

We should also add that price will be a definite factor as well; the $250 price tag for the PSP Go hasn't gone over well.

I wouldn't say this complete confirmation. Maybe it's the rumored PSP 4000.

Around the Network

Well that sucks. Especially for anyone who bought a PSP Go recently.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Lets hope Sony dosn't mess up on this one. I'm looking forward to this.

It just seems way too soon for a PSP2.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

we will definitely know for sure at e3 2010. i think its likely though, and i hope its true as well.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

Awesome, I can't wait.

If this is true, I dont think sony gets protable gaming. They get protabe media center but not gaming...

@disolitude

what is protable?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

please be price friendly, no $250 price point.

darthdevidem01 said:
@disolitude

what is protable?

*portable*