By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Source Confirms PSP2 For 2010

ClaudeLv250 said:
It just seems way too soon for a PSP2.

I agree...

If true it feels like the whole Genisis/CD/32X/Saturn screw up.

What with the 2000/3000/G0/PSP2 so close together...

I don't believe it.

Around the Network

I hate all these stupid PSP remodels. 1000, 2000, 3000, Go and rumours of a 4000.

Just hurry up and announce the PSP2 already.

how is it way too soon for a PSP 2?

it'll probably have been 6 years by the time it releases.....remember SONY delays hardware launches by a lot

if the rumored date is 2010....we should be looking at a 2011 release

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I swear to god if the PS4 is even announced before 2013, I am going to leave sony for good. Hopefully they aren't that stupid =D

mM

@leo-j

PS2 will be announced in 2012, with a 2013 release

prepare yourself for that

& don't give empty threats!

Around the Network

I expect a 2014 release.. Seriously darth, with what nintendo has shown us, why do we need another console with better graphics?

mM
Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
how is it way too soon for a PSP 2?

it'll probably have been 6 years by the time it releases.....remember SONY delays hardware launches by a lot

if the rumored date is 2010....we should be looking at a 2011 release

But they aren't saying "rumored" they're saying "confirmed" that a new PSP will release in the next 12 months. A 2010 release is too early I think. But maybe I'm only thinking this just because the Go just recently released and a 4000 is rumored...

THIs is the original source soriku

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2009/10/16/exclusive-sony-psp2-arriving-in-20102c-features-powervr-sgx543-graphics.aspx

first of all the news is old, its from the 10/16/2009......so 16th of october!

secondly there was already a thread IN october on those leaked specs....psxtreme has just repackaged that news to make it sound new (I know, as I do that myself with threads ROFL ROFL ROFL)

Finally those specs are as reliable as the PS4 "leaked graphics card" specs thingy is

basically not very reliable

leo-j said:
I expect a 2014 release.. Seriously darth, with what nintendo has shown us, why do we need another console with better graphics?

Your right

This gen could go on for ages, with SONY motion & NATAL implemented........there would be no reason to really change

BUT there is one BIG problem here

what about hardware sales? at some point there will be saturation & at some point sales will fall as enough people have them

that alone will result in SONY/MS/Ninty releasing a new console

disolitude said:
If this is true, I dont think sony gets protable gaming. They get protabe media center but not gaming...

I could not agree more. Also with Jesus Kung Fu Magic. Sony has done a piss poor job of differentiated and giving people a specific reason to buy their portable systems.

I have an Ipod, i have a GPS, i have a cell phone. If im going to buy a portable device that tries to do all the things i already have it better do them all equally as well as the ones i own or theres no reason to sacrifice quality. Its not convenient since to use the audio in my car i cant use the GPS or the Skype or whatever, i cant hold as much music or games at one time thus sacrificing quantity.

I think the recent success of the PS3 and the lack of PSP success may show its time for sony to just focus on home consoles. Its so much easier to create a living room hub for all in ones such as BD, Games, VOD, home theater music than to try and do it with both living room and portability.

So PS4 in 2012, two years later just like last time

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)