By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Source Confirms PSP2 For 2010

darthdevidem01 said:
@leo-j

PS2 will be announced in 2012, with a 2013 release

prepare yourself for that

& don't give empty threats!

Considering that PS3 was announced in 2005, one E3 after PSP's launch, the PS4 will likely be announced at E3 2011 and launched in 2012

The wand and NATAl will be mediocre, and so 2012 is when they'll move to the next gen

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
jesus kung fu magic said:
ultraslick said:

a umd disc reader that is attached to the psp2 by a cord should come out as a peripheral, using said device would create a 1 time back up of the disc based games which people own onto the psp2's internal memory.

-upgraded graphics
-full bc
-2 analogue sticks
-touch screen
-same form factor as psp go
-video camera, (why not, they are in ipods)
-full launch of system moving games, (only available on PSP2, not PSP) like Uncharted, the return of crash bandicoot on PS, twisted metal, the sims!
- initial price of $250 would do well (I would buy it and I doubt they would go lower)
-If $200 at launch, then look out DS!
-If more than $250, then.... ouch

That point I completely disagree with........one of the big reasons the DS is whooping the psp's ass in hardware and software sales is because the DS differentiates from the home consoles.

Why play uncharted crash etc. on a handheld when they could be played the way they are suppose to on the home consoles......cheap ports are not the way to go on sony's next handheld and I hope nintendo has made them realize that.

This is why I chose the DS over the PSP. I have respect for the PSP`s library and PSP gamers. It`s just not what I`m looking for. The PSP is like a portable PS2 but I already have a PS2. The DS differentiates itself from big brothers Gamecube and Wii. And it has the software to back it up.

I would keep the PSP2 in mind if they release one but I wouldn`t consider buying one before a DS2. Nintendo got sold me handheld wise since the GBA (I wasn`t much of a GB/GBC fan though they did have some great games).

ultraslick said:

a umd disc reader that is attached to the psp2 by a cord should come out as a peripheral, using said device would create a 1 time back up of the disc based games which people own onto the psp2's internal memory.

-upgraded graphics
-full bc
-2 analogue sticks
-touch screen
-same form factor as psp go
-video camera, (why not, they are in ipods)
-full launch of system moving games, (only available on PSP2, not PSP) like Uncharted, the return of crash bandicoot on PS, twisted metal, the sims!
- initial price of $250 would do well (I would buy it and I doubt they would go lower)
-If $200 at launch, then look out DS!
-If more than $250, then.... ouch

Why can't they make some sort of interchangeable slot with a port in the back of the system that allowed you to swap out the UMD drive for an HDD?  They can then sell UMD drives separately, but, connecting it by a cord is too much, and I wouldn't want to even be bothered with it.

I'm sure the next PSP will have 2 analog sticks.  It probably doesn't need a touch screen, and could use some phone/calling features.  Can't they make a Bluray UMD, or something similar to it?  That would be worth a 250, or 300 dollar launch price... assuming it did everything the PSP did, including play it's games.  I don't mind the form factor, but, the screen should be bigger.  The go's smaller screen is reason enough for me to never get it.  What good is saving two inches of pocket space when I've got big enough pockets to fit PS2 game cases inside?  Well, I could before I washed them.

I'm hoping for a PSP-4000, though..  I'll get 3000 if that screens any smaller than the original.

SmokedHostage said:
Well that sucks. Especially for anyone who bought a PSP Go recently.

not really, it will be backward compatible and PSP have tons of games For 2010 and 2011 and sony it's known to support it platform even after new  console launched.

for 2010 we have agito, the third birthday and birth by sleep =D

look for the psp2 to launch alongside the ps4, this will most likely be a pspgo2.0 or psp-4000

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@leo-j

Considering that PS3 was announced in 2005, one E3 after PSP's launch, the PS4 will likely be announced at E3 2011 and launched in 2012

The wand and NATAl will be mediocre, and so 2012 is when they'll move to the next gen

mediocre as in better, right?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

The title should really be "RUMOUR: PSP2 in 2010".

Nothing is confirmed until Sony officially announces it.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Mmmm, after the dsxl another psp in not bad idea... too bad...

psrock said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@leo-j

Mediocre as in weak sales

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
psrock said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@leo-j

Mediocre as in weak sales

Natal will be a hit, the Wand however, good luck to Sony.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)