By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Edge Issue 209 Scores

Dragon age a 5...Well not that surprised....For me it is a dissapointment and why does Dragon Age Origins looks so bad compared to Mass Effect (visuals) while ME is already 2 year old...not that visuals mean much for me but I am replaying ME again and it still shocks me how good it looks.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@slimebeast

sorry? what do you mean?

lol aren't you native English?

I am speculating that perhaps Dragon Age doesn't suck you in (doesn't affect you, or doesn't have any impact on you), you just don't care about the story, the world and about what's happening.

kowenicki said:
@slimebeast...

no it much more basic than that... it looks like shit and controls like shit.

Oh lol. That sux. I am disappointed to hear that.

Maybe worth to get on PC still though (not for u obviously since u already played it, but for me perhaps)?

It's okay, it's only the console version... It's to be expected.

If they rated the PC version, it would 99% likely be a higher score of 8/9

Carl2291 said:
It's okay, it's only the console version... It's to be expected.

If they rated the PC version, it would 99% likely be a higher score of 8/9

Actually I doubt it since they also gave Witcher, a very good PC WRPG not from England a low score, if I remember it was 4/10 or 5/10.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@slimebeast...

no it much more basic than that... it looks like shit and controls like shit.

Well if you bought it on the PC both problems would magically disappear. Honestly the game is horrible on my roommate's 360, thankfully I got it on the PC and it's a friken amazing game. Definitely worth a 9 or so.

@Acevil, The Witch had huge technical problems, and it still does, so a lower score makes sense, though not the 5 they gave it.

lol @ Edge. And I thought I was being personal giving HL2 a 7.5.

Having read most of the infomation Edge has printed on God of War III, I'm expecting an 8/10 for that game (possibly even a 7, so fanboys get those fingers ready).  They just don't seem particularly taken with it....every other 10 I can think of has pushed its genre forward or innovated in some way, I don't see how a game criticised at preview level for feeling like more of the same is going to get the coveted 10.

Using the 'Edge 10' template, Bayonetta has to be a simply stunning game to not stick out like a sore thumb in a list that consists only of (I think):

Mario 64

Gran Turismo

Zelda: OOT

Halo

Half Life 2

Halo 3

Orange Box

Super Mario Galaxy

LitteBigPlanet

GTA IV

Personally I'd only rate 5 of those games at 10/10, but at the same time there are very few existing games that I feel should join the list.

I was a bit puzzled this morning when I saw the scores, because the early videos of Bayonetta I've seen have looked, well, sickening, but I'm going to trust Edge and pre-order it.  I'm itching to play a third-person brawler that they think is better than Xbox Ninja Gaiden.  Hopefully it's pushing the envelope with more than its breasts. 

so did Edge import Sin & Punishment 2 or does this mean it is releasing soon?

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I didn't see where they reviewed Sin & Punishment 2. What did they give it?