By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Edge Issue 209 Scores

Kantor said:
Khuutra said:

It's a beat-em-up by the same team who made and supervised by the director of God Hand.

What more could you want?

The same God Hand you gave 7.8/10 to, and yet inexplicably love?

What more could I want? To start with, a non-gimped port. After that, nothing really, I just wouldn't like it.

Ninja Gaiden has put me off non-GoW hack and slash for life. Maybe if other reviewers adore Bayonetta as much as Edge and Famitsu, and people don't hate it after a week (*coughGTA4cough*) then I'll buy it and it could restore my faith in what I'm sure is a fantastic genre.

Which Ninja Gaiden? Those games can be hard.

And yes, the same God Hand which I had to give a score but which is still probably the best action game I've ever played, much less my favorite, which is the condensed essence of everything that makes the genre wonderful, only seeming lacking when placed in a context where it's judged according to metrics that it never tried to fulfill in the first place. That God Hand.

Around the Network

It's Sin and Punishment: Successors of the Sky. They're big S&P fans, apparently, and love the sequel. They've reviewed the Japanese version.

The Zelda: Spirit Tracks review is also very good-it isn't a 9 because it sticks rigidly to the Zelda formula, apparently. They go on to say that's a good and bad thing-it's inventive within a strict structure.

bayonetta better be twice as good as dragon age!

Lol, I haven't played the console version of Dragon Age, but I'm currently about 80 hours into the PC version.

I honestly haven't played a western RPG this good in about ten years. Even if the controls involved a Twister mat and some thumbtacks, I can't imagine the game getting less than an eight. And that's on an Edge scale, not a 6-10 scale. I'm going to read the review, see what other reviews the DA reviewer has done, and then I may be as done with Edge as I am with Famitsu -- always good for comic relief, though.

ohh bayonetta,,,I just wish they would improve the PS3 version for NA release.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Kantor said:
10/10...for Bayonetta?

I'm getting scared because my prejudice against anything which is a hack and slash and doesn't involve ancient mythology won't let me get excited for it.

Which is why I haven't completely dismissed Dante's Inferno.

It's a beat-em-up by the same team who made and supervised by the director of God Hand.

was the bold part a typo? because Shinji Mikami was the director of God Hand. they were made by the same team, but not with the same director.

Khuutra said:
Kantor said:
Khuutra said:

The same God Hand you gave 7.8/10 to, and yet inexplicably love?

What more could I want? To start with, a non-gimped port. After that, nothing really, I just wouldn't like it.

Ninja Gaiden has put me off non-GoW hack and slash for life. Maybe if other reviewers adore Bayonetta as much as Edge and Famitsu, and people don't hate it after a week (*coughGTA4cough*) then I'll buy it and it could restore my faith in what I'm sure is a fantastic genre.

And yes, the same God Hand which I had to give a score but which is still probably the best action game I've ever played, much less my favorite, which is the condensed essence of everything that makes the genre wonderful, only seeming lacking when placed in a context where it's judged according to metrics that it never tried to fulfill in the first place. That God Hand.

I still don't understand how you can give a 7.8 to a game which you loved that much, even judging it on "accepted metrics". But then I only skimmed through the review, so I'll go re-read it.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma. I can't beat it on Easy.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Khuutra said:

I still don't understand how you can give a 7.8 to a game which you loved that much, even judging it on "accepted metrics". But then I only skimmed through the review, so I'll go re-read it.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma. I can't beat it on Easy.

The original draft of the review included a line about how it is my favorite action game of all time but I got asked to leave that out because it was (admittedly) unprofessional.

I never go to play Sigma - but like I said, Ninja Gaiden is hard.

dragon age a 5??? ROFL EDGE can this piece of crap mag suck any more

So dragon age is on par with spaceball revolution ugh...

I was just playing DA and it's amazing.

Maybe the people at edge just have short attention spans.