By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Blue Ray customers screwed over again!! Must Read!

NKAJ said:
wow so we can still watch blu-ray just cant copy it...how big a deal is that?

This.

Around the Network
NKAJ said:
wow so we can still watch blu-ray just cant copy it...how big a deal is that?

If it's a possible knock against SONY, on the internet it's fuckin HUGE!!!

4 ≈ One

Bladeforce said:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2009/11/blu-ray-discs-get-managed-copy-hardware-support-nonexistent.ars

Blu-ray discs get Managed Copy, hardware support nonexistent. Yet another reason why blue ray is a crock. I personally am sick and tired of this BS now and just wish BR would disappear. Why all the headache when I just want to watch a freakin movie and they keep moving the goal posts!!

umm its called technology. Do you think DVD players didnt go through these types of reform? Remember composite players -> component players -> upscaling players.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I like how they DRM everything to hell, lag behind in easily added technology like disk burning because of it and then expect us to be willingly pay significantly more for each disk.

Oh well on the plus side UP in Blue Ray does look really nice....

I laugh because all of a sudden, Sony fans who were previously praising Sony for the whole Bluray debacle...are now throwing Sony under the bus and finally admitting what many of us have been saying for some time, Sony is not the only one with their hand in the pot.

As to the OP, is anybody really surprised? What's more, does anybody really care? this isn't going to curb piracy.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network

I don't see what the issue is. If you want to copy your movies, go ahead and get a new player.. I don't think the PS3 can do it because there's no blu-ray burner in the PS3 to make such a copy. And, we're not quite so far into the future where we can make firmware updates, and bam, there's a new piece of equipment with the device.

Who really cares about copying blu-ray anyway? I'd just watched my first blu-ray just last night from the video store. Update your player, it's the only choice you've got. it's added technology, and it's not a requirement, don't want it, don't buy it.

Burning Typhoon said:
I don't see what the issue is. If you want to copy your movies, go ahead and get a new player.. I don't think the PS3 can do it because there's no blu-ray burner in the PS3 to make such a copy. And, we're not quite so far into the future where we can make firmware updates, and bam, there's a new piece of equipment with the device.

Who really cares about copying blu-ray anyway? I'd just watched my first blu-ray just last night from the video store. Update your player, it's the only choice you've got. it's added technology, and it's not a requirement, don't want it, don't buy it.

wow, did you not read the zillion posts saying you cannot do this with a simple firmware update? 

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Obvious troll..

Managed Copy Incoming to Blu-Ray Disc Standard.

Since typical Blu-ray disc players naturally cannot burn BDs and do not include hard drive for images of discs, initially the managed copy option will only work on personal computers. Considering the fact that there is software that removes all possible copyright protection technologies, advanced end-users will hardly consider managed copy function valuable or pay for additional copies. However, less experienced consumers are likely to appreciate ability to make a legal copy even for a fee.

"

Blu-ray Disc to Support Mandatory Managed Copy

"

The Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) today confirmed that Mandatory Managed Copy (MMC), which allows users to legally copy discs and transfer the digital files over a home network, will be supported by the Blu-ray Disc format. This was one of two features that HP recently requested be added to the Blu-ray Disc format, the other one was Microsoft's iHD layer for interactivity. "Mandatory managed copy will be part of Blu-ray format, but while HP's request (for interactivity) is being considered, at this point in time, the Blu-ray group is still proceeding down the path of Java," Blu-ray spokesman Andy Parsons told Reuters in an interview. "We are taking their request seriously, but are not willing to delay the launch. I'm not saying we would not implement what they've requested, but it's not going to stop the format at this time."

I am so sick of this shit. WTF is the deal with people and thinkining they should be able to copy, and steal audio/video content.

As far as digital goes, I can uderstand the idea of multiple active devices, because some people have systems in multiple rooms of the house. Since a disc can be played anywere, their has to be a fair system put in place. I will help support that claim.

However, the idea of copying a physical disc, that can be played anywere is bullshit. I seriously hope that this starts hitting other industries.

How about this;

Buy a car - Get a back up copy free incase it gets stole or damaged.
Buy a bag of chips - Get a back up copy incase they go stale, or stolen.
Buy a house - Get a free backup copy incase of any devistating problems.

I say lets just go out and fuck every working man and woman of of there livlyhood with outFUCKINGrageous demands. In case you didn't notice we live in a very fortunate time already. Get over this usless BS, and start worrying about something that can help people, instead of putting working people out of a job.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Buy a PS3. Problem solved.

Blu-Ray movies, Blu-Ray games, built in wifi, Netflix support, PS1/PS2 BC (depending on system), DVD playback, CD playback, free online, built in web browser, phat models are space heaters, Slims make you enjoy your electric bill more, photo studio built in, trophy support, free Playstation Home, Life with Playstation, etc.

Missing so many more things.