By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Blue Ray customers screwed over again!! Must Read!

ironman said:
I laugh because all of a sudden, Sony fans who were previously praising Sony for the whole Bluray debacle...are now throwing Sony under the bus and finally admitting what many of us have been saying for some time, Sony is not the only one with their hand in the pot.

As to the OP, is anybody really surprised? What's more, does anybody really care? this isn't going to curb piracy.

Did you not read the post below yours that says its just for PC blu-ray drives? Also, I don't think anyone denied that there were other companies involved in blu-ray. However, Sony is THE largest supporter of blu-ray. Every Ps3 has one along with support from their own movie company and PC company. They may not get a bigger % then a couple others but I guarentee they make more money on blu-ray then everyone else.

Around the Network
Bladeforce said:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2009/11/blu-ray-discs-get-managed-copy-hardware-support-nonexistent.ars

Blu-ray discs get Managed Copy, hardware support nonexistent. Yet another reason why blue ray is a crock. I personally am sick and tired of this BS now and just wish BR would disappear. Why all the headache when I just want to watch a freakin movie and they keep moving the goal posts!!

When Nintendo uses blu-ray, you'll love it. That being said, what doest his have to do with videogames? Blu-Ray is awesome.

Heres a question, would this Managed Copy deal work with all Blu-ray content? Ex, PS3 games? I doubt it. but it should work in the same vein.

This is quite hilarious.
has to go in the category of ' I like trolling and hate BluRay, this article I don't really understand seems to be bad for Blu Ray so I'm going to start a thread and post it'

Now if I had 2 neurons in my brains I actually would have tried to understand what it means first and seen that it has no impact on 99.99% owners of Blu Ray owners as they don't have Blu Ray write capability...

And yes Blu Ray is going to make it harder to copy content like movies or software. Who would have expected otherwise ? 

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Wow, I so don't care about this feature. Bluray wins again?

Around the Network

*puts in a blu-ray disc into the ps3*

oh heyro I can watch a movie, now whats your problem?

Its just another try at trolling, but failed at grasping the content of the text. And didn't do any research to what this really ment. Stop piracy and boost Blu Ray as a medium.

lol that's the big deal here we can't copy it so sony scrued us they suck and we r all doomed....lol this is a jk right....? jus buy the damn thin watch it in its beauty put the blue ray back in its box and go ply some modern warfare 2 buddy move on with ur life....

letsdance said:
ironman said:
I laugh because all of a sudden, Sony fans who were previously praising Sony for the whole Bluray debacle...are now throwing Sony under the bus and finally admitting what many of us have been saying for some time, Sony is not the only one with their hand in the pot.

As to the OP, is anybody really surprised? What's more, does anybody really care? this isn't going to curb piracy.

Did you not read the post below yours that says its just for PC blu-ray drives? Also, I don't think anyone denied that there were other companies involved in blu-ray. However, Sony is THE largest supporter of blu-ray. Every Ps3 has one along with support from their own movie company and PC company. They may not get a bigger % then a couple others but I guarentee they make more money on blu-ray then everyone else.

XD what? since when did I become a mind reader??? How the fuck was I supposed to read something that wasn't posted before I made my post? 

Sorry to hear you think Sony stands to make more money than say Panasonic who has a much bigger piece of the pie, or any of the other companies with their hands in the pot (including MS).

BTW, I don't really care about this whole debacle because it really won't do anything more than piss off the consumer. 

I was about to ask why everybody thought this was a thread to troll Sony...especially since Sony isn't the only company screwing people over in this deal...then I realized this was placed in the Sony forum...WTF It should have gone in offtopic. BAD OP, BAD!

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

I do not need to make a copy of my Blu-ray movies so this doesn't even bother me.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints