By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Blue Ray customers screwed over again!! Must Read!

DaBuddahN said:
This is exactly the reason why I bought a PS3. PS3 Blu-Ray is future proof... It's called firmware updates. :)

Apparently it can't be done with just a firmware update there are no such player on the market yet. Not only that, the fucking BR player has to have an internet connection too lol, so it can go online and verify the disc, pretty sure the only BR player with net connection is PS3, and pretty sure people will torrent movies if the legal way to backup is akin to stomping on your nuts.

Around the Network

@czecherychestnut and this is why sony fail so bad...they just dont have the bility to a) tell the truth or b) quash reports like this fast enough to limit any damage

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Bladeforce said:
@czecherychestnut and this is why sony fail so bad...they just dont have the bility to a) tell the truth or b) quash reports like this fast enough to limit any damage

Really? Because I'd rather Sony concentrate on producing kick-arse products than waste time discrediting every bit of FUD that hacks on the internet produce on a daily basis.

can someone please explain what this is about? i dont get what a managed copy is

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Troll Thread.

Sony fail?Sorry,but Blu-Ray technology wasnt created by Sony only,but by the Blu-Ray Disc Association(BDA),companies including Apple,Sony,Warner Bros.,Samsung,Panasonic,Intel etc.

Around the Network
Bladeforce said:

SONY is only one hand in the BDA... if you wanna complain to or insult the company that has the biggest say in this whole deal, go cry to Panasonic. 

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
Bladeforce said:

SONY is only one hand in the BDA... if you wanna complain to or insult the company that has the biggest say in this whole deal, go cry to Panasonic. 

Idk why,but alot of people seem to think Blu Ray is being developed by Sony only

Probably because its on the Ps3?

ChrisIsNotSexy said:
Dgc1808 said:
Bladeforce said:

Idk why,but alot of people seem to think Blu Ray is being developed by Sony only

That, and Sony pictures (and Disney) have been pushing BD pretty hard.

@ Topic: Whoop dee do. Not sure what I find harder not to take seriously, the article which doesn't site sources or Bladeforce, one of the most prominent Sony haters on this site.

oh goodness, someone just went all stealth and backstabbed some people. and it crit'd for 2345 damage.

ChrisIsNotSexy said:
Dgc1808 said:
Bladeforce said:

I think it is because sony is the biggest hand in the pot, you know apple sits on that board to, and we can all see how much they seem to be endorsing the technology.

outside of this both blue ray and hdmi have non firmware upgradable  specs in their future, if you spent time to look at your road map for the products you can see built in obsolescence plans, and in bluerays plan, the death of analog out.

this may be wrong because its been awhile since i last checked up on the standard, but im fairly certain hdmi 1.3 and 1.4 is a case where firmware will not help due to a new hard ware piece being needed to implement the 1.4 standard. it has something to do with how 3d is handled in 1.4 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog