By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN Reviews God of War Collection - 9.4

TheThunder said:
I'm I the only one who thinks it's pointless to re review games ? but then again I don't believe in the game industry reviews (especially IGN) so ...

its not useless, reviews give a background and layout on how the game is going to be and if its worth the price, surely reviews are flawed but thats why there is metacritic....plus ign reviews are not useless, they can sometimes break or make the sales of a game

Around the Network

I'm surprised graphics didn't get a 10.....

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

sabby_e17 said:
Zones said:
sabby_e17 said:
Zones said:
sabby_e17 said:
Why the hell did SCEE have to delay it here? It would have been so good if I could play GOW Collection this year before all the big games come out.

Delay?

They never announced the release date!

Yes but its coming out 2009 in NA while in EU its coming out in 2010. That isn't fair...I want it at the same time.

It's not fair, I agree. I think the game will tank if it releases close to GoW III in the crowded first quarter of 2010.

I think it's best if they give away a copy of the collection with the unannounced God of War III Limited Edition in Europe.

Yeh, but it would have been so much better if SCEE released it this year prefrebaly in December. Next year will start with a bang in January and I don't want to be playing a revamped PS2 game(s) while I could be playing something thats a proper current gen game.

No doubt it would be much better if it's released this year. 

Ever since the collection was announced, i regret watching all the cut-scenes on Youtube!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

radiantshadow92 said:
TheThunder said:
I'm I the only one who thinks it's pointless to re review games ? but then again I don't believe in the game industry reviews (especially IGN) so ...

its not useless, reviews give a background and layout on how the game is going to be and if its worth the price, surely reviews are flawed but thats why there is metacritic....plus ign reviews are not useless, they can sometimes break or make the sales of a game

The actual content of the review is the most important bit, but having porr scoring is just plain annoying

Around the Network

too bad I see reviewers marking this down because "same old same old" well no fucking duh. Its the same game. But with better graphics and more replayability at a cheaper price. Just because reviewers played this before doesnt mean they should score it less... which is what i see happening.

Kantor said:
Did they SERIOUSLY just give an upscaled PS2 game an 8 for graphics because it doesn't look better than the most polished console game in history?

Roflmao

mM

can't wait to get this game, too bad it comes out the same day as AC II, probably gonna play ACII first then this game(s)

You know what's funny? A 9.5 is an excellent score, yet 9.4 is bad.

IGN's scale is really messed up. Their 9-10 range is the 8-10 range of a normal reviewer.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

lol, no bs, comparing upscaled PS2 games graphics to Uncharted 2, why didn't they do that before they gave MW2 a 10 for graphics?